Topic Stats

• 4,121 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Ballypinball
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 755 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-4 (resized).png
73209863_556397155132432_4970388802087419904_n (resized).jpg
Kung Fu Panda (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
59FF4170-B1EA-4724-9123-195B90D84BC5 (resized).png
letsmakeadeal (resized).jpg
truth (resized).jpg
screen-capture-8 (resized).png
rampage (resized).jpg
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.47.02 pm.png
59546319_448232989282183_8360119207047725056_n (resized).jpg
99D1AA11-1443-414C-A49B-3B3177C76184 (resized).jpeg
59363232_447010972713392_259249182378819584_n (resized).jpg
2102F2C3-3B12-4112-AEFE-6F8EFFF1B965 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4121 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 83.
#551 2 years ago

Staff photo taken this afternoon for the re-vamped website.

staff_7_June_2017 (resized).jpg

#552 2 years ago

This is really exciting to see come together. Thank you for sharing so much of what you do.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Staff photo taken this afternoon for the re-vamped website.

Look at all those lovely smiling faces of people who only had about a one in two hundred million chance of working in pinball. (If you don't count the chances of a pinball factory opening in China at all!)

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

These are our six demo cabs that will be sited in expat bars in China very shortly (they will have note acceptors fitted).

This is great. I was born in Hong Kong and I am going back to H.K on 17/6/17 for two weeks. I don't mine to go to those sites and play some new pinball. I hope they are all located in Shenzhen.

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

This is great. I was born in Hong Kong and I am going back to H.K on 17/6/17 for two weeks. I don't mine to go to those sites and play some new pinball. I hope they are all located in Shenzhen.

It's unlikely that Mike will have the test machines sited by then. (Correct me if I'm wrong Mike) But if so, take a few sneaky pics and a video or two and PM me.

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

It's unlikely that Mike will have the test machines sited by then. (Correct me if I'm wrong Mike) But if so, take a few sneaky pics and a video or two and PM me.

It will come down to approvals we are waiting for before we can have a few final toys made. We are going back and forth mainly with the colours of these toys. The IP owner doesn't have any Pantone info so we have to basically guess and that's a bit of an issue at the moment.

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It will come down to approvals we are waiting for before we can have a few final toys made. We are going back and forth mainly with the colours of these toys. The IP owner doesn't have any Pantone info so we have to basically guess and that's a bit of an issue at the moment.

What a pain in the arse it must be, and costly. It is quite unreal the lengths you must go to satisfy the IP owner. Are all licences like this?

The right Licence can be a big draw card and sell lots of machines, but with all the hurdles and red tape, I can now understand the appeal of an unlicensed pinball machine.

#558 2 years ago

Hi Mike,

Nice spotlight. I like the integrated LED on PCB approach.
Maybe you should hide the PCB, wires and screws somewhat.
Are going to make a cosmetic cover over the spotlight rear?

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

already have people keeping an eye out

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

already have people keeping an eye out

Good man

#561 2 years ago

A lot happening this week in the Homepin factory.

We are assembling up a run of 400 flipper boards - these are replacements for WMS type1 boards but with our design changes. We make these "4 x up" meaning four boards together and they are snapped apart after assembly and testing.

Also finished another batch of pop bumper rings so that we can make a second run of pop bumper assemblies. Sid also made up an excellent test jig so we can adjust the pop bumper spoon switch on the bench and test the correct functioning of the three light circuits.

The video below is me operating the jig AND taking the video - we have a much more regimented system in place for the actual adjustment and testing procedure.

We are also double checking the kicker assemblies that we made six months ago to confirm they are all 100%.

flipperboards1 (resized).jpg
flipperboards2 (resized).jpg
pbrings (resized).jpg
kickers (resized).jpg
pbjig (resized).jpg

#562 2 years ago

There has been some comment in other threads on Pinside about the viability of Homepin as a manufacturer mainly brought about by the problems faced by other new pinball startups recently so I would like to set the record straight.

The very first thing that needs to be understood is that Homepin are currently manufacturers - today - right now! We currently ship a container about every 6 weeks of Hankin arcade tables.

Homepin also ships an average of 300 replacement PCBs for existing pinball machines per month. In fact we sent over 600 just last week by EMS to two resellers.

We are not relying on selling pinball machines to survive. Homepin already has a profitable manufacturing business and a fully functioning factory. We are playing our FINISHED prototype pinball machines daily. We can't show them yet because some artwork is not approved and some toys cannot be manufactured yet due licencing procedures. James from Homepin is currently (in fact today) in a face to face meeting with ITV in London to discuss some of these holdups and find a smooth way forward that suits all parties.

Homepin already has firm orders for at least two containers of Thunderbirds pinball machines for the USA. We will not be able to build these until our obligations to Australian customers are fulfilled so they won't be ready for the USA until, at the earliest, mid next year.

Anyway - I do find it necessary to defend myself when a few naysayers start spouting crap with no knowledge of what they are talking about and zero knowledge of my background. These naysayers conveniently overlook the FACT that Homepin is already a well established business in the amusement machine industry. We are nothing like all of the other recent startups in that we already have our own factory, existing products to manufacture and sell and we are simply adding to our range of products with our own pinball machines.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There has been some comment in other threads on Pinside about the viability of Homepin as a manufacturer mainly brought about by the problems faced by other new pinball startups recently so I would like to set the record straight.
The very first thing that needs to be understood is that Homepin are currently manufacturers - today - right now! We currently ship a container about every 6 weeks of Hankin arcade tables.
Homepin also ships an average of 300 replacement PCBs for existing pinball machines per month. In fact we sent over 600 just last week by EMS to two resellers.
We are not relying on selling pinball machines to survive. Homepin already has a profitable manufacturing business and a fully functioning factory. We are playing our FINISHED prototype pinball machines daily. We can't show them yet because some artwork is not approved and some toys cannot be manufactured yet due licencing procedures. James from Homepin is currently (in fact today) in a face to face meeting with ITV in London to discuss some of these holdups and find a smooth way forward that suits all parties.
Homepin already has firm orders for at least two containers of Thunderbirds pinball machines for the USA. We will not be able to build these until our obligations to Australian customers are fulfilled so they won't be ready for the USA until, at the earliest, mid next year.
Anyway - I do find it necessary to defend myself when a few naysayers start spouting crap with no knowledge of what they are talking about and zero knowledge of my background. These naysayers conveniently overlook the FACT that Homepin is already a well established business in the amusement machine industry. We are nothing like all of the other recent startups in that we already have our own factory, existing products to manufacture and sell and we are simply adding to our range of products with our own pinball machines.

Thanks for the corrections to my comments. Didn't realize there was so much going on already. Excuse my ignorance.

It's obvious you're doing things on a different level. While Heighway was at the hardware store buying another bag of zipties Homepin was buying more shelving to house the hundreds of factory fresh machine ready pinball parts.

If I could respectfully make two suggestions:
1) Don't get into pissing contests on the forum. That's for idiots like me. You're bigger than that.
2) Make a good Back to the Future pin

#564 2 years ago

I have said it before, I will say it again: this is the best thread on Pinside. Mike thanks for giving us an inside look into your operations. It is fascinating.

Quoted from Homepin:

Homepin already has firm orders for at least two containers of Thunderbirds pinball machines for the USA.

I have a confession. While I think this thread it great, I don't always check in on updates. I must have missed something. I thought you weren't planning on selling to US at all? Anyway, glad to hear some Thunderbirds will be making their way here and I hope I get a chance to play one!

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I must have missed something. I thought you weren't planning on selling to US at all? Anyway, glad to hear some Thunderbirds will be making their way here and I hope I get a chance to play one!

There is a misunderstanding - what I said was that my original intention was that Thunderbirds pinball machines WERE NOT TARGETED at USA customers because I am well aware that the theme is not very well known in the USA. It is, however, VERY well known in many other countries and they are my target (but not ONLY) market for TAG.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thanks for the corrections to my comments. Didn't realize there was so much going on already. Excuse my ignorance.
If I could respectfully make two suggestions:
1) Don't get into pissing contests on the forum. That's for idiots like me. You're bigger than that.
2) Make a good Back to the Future pin

Both of your suggestions are very right! We would love to make a BTTF - it's penciled on our wall along with many other names.

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We would love to make a BTTF - it's penciled on our wall along with many other names.

I just showed my missus, who is a huge BTTF fan, this post and she said to tell you it must be done.....so that's one order in!

#567 2 years ago

I find this thread to be one of the most educational and interesting on the forum. My sincere thanks to Homepin for taking the time to document and share how pinball can be done... the right way.

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We are nothing like all of the other recent startups in that we already have our own factory, existing products to manufacture and sell and we are simply adding to our range of products with our own pinball machines.

Mike, keep on keeping on.

I agree its probably necessary to defend yourself on Pinside, especially given the several failures of companies that took money, and have not or (not yet) delivered.

However, I suggest no more often than every 562nd post.

#569 2 years ago

A quick note to say I have taken the advice of numerous people who were pestering me about the "basic" Homepin website and have commissioned for it to be upgraded.

It was basic because I made the original site many years ago myself using HTML. The new one is being done by 'professionals' so I guess that explains why it is taking longer, is currently messed up if you look at www.homepin.com and why I am no longer able to change things (as easily) as I did on the old site.

Anyway, just a note to explain why it is currently messed up - all should be fixed within a few days.

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

A quick note to say I have taken the advice of numerous people who were pestering me about the "basic" Homepin website and have commissioned for it to be upgraded.
It was basic because I made the original site many years ago myself using HTML. The new one is being done by 'professionals' so I guess that explains why it is taking longer, is currently messed up if you look at http://www.homepin.com and why I am no longer able to change things (as easily) as I did on the old site.
Anyway, just a note to explain why it is currently messed up - all should be fixed within a few days.

My workplace commissioned a website from a "professional". The damn thing nearly took 12 months. What a bloody headache that was. I hope you have a better experience than I did and the Homepin site turns out like you hope.

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

My workplace commissioned a website from a "professional". The damn thing nearly took 12 months. What a bloody headache that was. I hope you have a better experience than I did and the Homepin site turns out like you hope.

All reasons why I originally made it myself. We will see, this guy seems pretty quick, just that the 'naysayers' have been quick to spot that the site isn't working correctly at the moment...LOL

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

All reasons why I originally made it myself. We will see, this guy seems pretty quick, just that the 'naysayers' have been quick to spot that the site isn't working correctly at the moment...LOL

A good website is a necessary evil. I look forward to seeing the new one up and running soon.

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The new one is being done by 'professionals' ..it is currently messed up

professionals who work live... oh dear.

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

professionals who work live... oh dear.

Yes...and no. They made the site and sent it to me to upload - things are not quite right at the moment.

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes...and no. They made the site and sent it to me to upload - things are not quite right at the moment.

ahh so its your fault

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

ahh so its your fault

Naturally - isn't everything? Probably the typhoon we are in the middle of right now is down to me as well

TyphoonJune2017 (resized).jpg

#577 2 years ago

The Homepin website is now sorted out. I can nibble away at changing it slowly now.

#578 2 years ago

My favourite part

Embedded Microcontrollers - (there are NO personal computer parts used)

#579 2 years ago

I think Homepin is the most interesting thing happening in pinball right now.

All the new game themes, mods and homebrew stuff is fun to talk about, but the prospect of true mass-market competition for Stern could really shake things up.

#580 2 years ago

website's looking more modern and clean - maybe the USA distributor for AMD is meant to be NSW, and touching AMD takes you to Pinball Life

#581 2 years ago

Clicking on the Balls 'n' All image takes you to PinballShop.nl although if you click on the writing it does take you to Balls 'n' All

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

website's looking more modern and clean - maybe the USA distributor for AMD is meant to be NSW, and touching AMD takes you to Pinball Life

Quoted from Mancave:

Clicking on the Balls 'n' All image takes you to PinballShop.nl although if you click on the writing it does take you to Balls 'n' All

Thanks for the heads up - obviously some sus links - I'll have a look later.

EDIT: OK, sorted those links as well as another that was also incorrect. Thanks again guys.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Both of your suggestions are very right! We would love to make a BTTF - it's penciled on our wall along with many other names.

You would print money if you chose that theme. In fact if you're at all serious, I would look into snatching up the license now before another pinball company does (to either do it themselves, or block you). It has a HUGE following among both 40-50 year olds, and the new generation around the world. Look what they did in the UK for the 30th anniversary:

Quoted from Homepin:

These are our six demo cabs that will be sited in expat bars in China very shortly

Please record video of customers playing when you do. I would love to see their reaction, I'm assuming there's nearly none (if any) pinball in China.

#584 2 years ago

Mike, you might like to speak to your website developer and ask them to fix the issue with the way the products page appears on a tablet. I'm using an ipad and the picture below is how the page loads. The text is over the pictures. (Sorry I would have PM'd but can't figure how to attach a photo to a PM message) This is not an issue on the PC, just the iPad and I would assume any tablet. He may need to optimise the site for tablets.

The site looks good. Nice and clean.

IMG_1182 (resized).JPG

#585 2 years ago

Yeah ad that to the other 689 things to do today

#586 2 years ago

Finishing off the batch of flipper opto boards this week and starting to wire our pop bumper assemblies with the automotive socket and fit the LED board to the top. The testing jig that Sid made is working well.

We are also double checking the knocker assemblies that we made some time ago now readying them for use.

Another job started this week is the assembly of our 3 x drop target assemblies (for Thunderbirds these will be "F.A.B.).

flip1 (resized).jpg

flip2 (resized).jpg

bump1 (resized).jpg

bump2 (resized).jpg

knock2 (resized).jpg

knock1 (resized).jpg

drop1 (resized).jpg

#587 2 years ago

Awesome, how did the ITV approvals go?

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Awesome, how did the ITV approvals go?

We made good progress with a few niggly things but the most constructive thing to come from the meeting was that they agreed to allow us to show the machine at Pinfest (Newcastle Australia) regardless of the approvals status at that time.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We made good progress with a few niggly things but the most constructive thing to come from the meeting was that they agreed to allow us to show the machine at Pinfest (Newcastle Australia) regardless of the approvals status at that time.

When do you expect to site the six cabs in China?

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Great to hear! I will be at Pinfest so really looking forward to seeing this in person. Is the plan to ship other pins(pre order) with the ones coming to Pinfest? It's been so long now it would be disappointing if your unable, waiting on approvals.

Good luck with rest of build....I'm working out where I'm going to put it! Have my Dr Who listed on AA, hope it sells before TAG arrives.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Great to hear! I will be at Pinfest so really looking forward to seeing this in person. Is the plan to ship other pins(pre order) with the ones coming to Pinfest? It's been so long now it would be disappointing if your unable, waiting on approvals.
Good luck with rest of build....I'm working out where I'm going to put it! Have my Dr Who listed on AA, hope it sells before TAG arrives.

The honest answer is I just don't know. We are stalled on the manufacture of some toys and elements of the playfield at this time and we just have to work through that to appease the rights owners. There is nothing we can do to speed that up - other than be prompt with our changes at their request.

The machine for Pinfest has to ship in 75 days so it is very unlikely that we will have additional machines (built with full approval) by then.

#592 2 years ago

Is there a US distributor for your pin?

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Yes.

#594 2 years ago

whom is it?

#595 2 years ago

Mikey is there a Canadian distributor for this? Nitro would be the ultimate choice if it were my company. They just go way above and beyond. No brainer. Cheers Bill

#596 2 years ago

Also Mike, who is programming and coding the game? Did I miss this?

#597 2 years ago

Im enjoying following this whole process, but I cant help but think: "By the time this guys builds a machine, pinball will be out of style again!" LOL.

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Also Mike, who is programming and coding the game? Did I miss this?

I'm not at liberty to discuss distributors outside Australia at this stage.

All design of the machine, mechanisms, printed circuit boards, ALL artwork, programming and every other DESIGN aspect is being done by Australians and Europeans. The manufacture and assembly is being done in the Homepin factory by our Chinese staff supervised by three Australians.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im enjoying following this whole process, but I cant help but think: "By the time this guys builds a machine, pinball will be out of style again!" LOL.

We are ready to produce machines pretty much straight away. We are making quantities of our (already designed) mechanisms as you can see from the pictures I have been showing. Licencing is becoming a slowdown at this point but we will get there.

You need to realise that Stern works on a machine, sometimes for YEARS before you know about it. We didn't have the luxury of keeping our activities quiet.

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Oh...we are not making "a pin" - we are becoming a pinball machine manufacturer.

Thunderbirds happens to be our "first" pinball machine. We have many others in the pipeline.

#600 2 years ago

Hi,
It has been mentioned earlier that Pinballife will be the initial U S Distributor,they already have some of Homepins products on their website.
Surely do not know if any of that has changed........let's hope not,Pinballife would be a great U S distributor IMO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
€ 279.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
€ 8.40
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 4121 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 83.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside