DVIfdQ1VwAAT6NR.jpg large (resized).jpg
Huddled-Masses (resized).png
keyser-soze-jpg_76342_20121024-484 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
billy-preston (resized).jpg
4FDB9E59-0159-4C73-8784-A3160165738B (resized).png
4F0ADBDF-F30A-4FB7-B730-9D97C2024A5B (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 6 years ago

Just want to chime in that an overwhelmingly disproportionate amount of street-involved youth are LGBTQ who have been exiled from their homes and communities.
And a disproportionate amount of adult homeless are veterans and/or suffering mental illness and/or have addiction issues.
All of these can be dealt with by a compassionate society that sees the individuals as worthy of their humanity. Gives the homeless homes. Build safety nets that catch all.

#153 6 years ago

how did this thread on homelessness turn in to a handful of well-off people bragging about their extra money for a few years until their tax relief expires?

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

If they do not want a better life they will not pursue it. Most are where they are at, because they want to be there. There are few exceptions, very few. Most of the time it is a choice, just like doing drugs.

Wow, this explains so much of the USA mindset I guess.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Putting money into health care has proven an effective way to reduce it. As we gain knowledge it is basically accepted that the vast majority of homelessness is caused by failings in health care.

Literally this is something proven again and again. The evidence is insurmountable. sigh...
Anyways, I don't want to spend my pinball board time arguing with people who think homeless just need to tug their bootstraps harder. Thank goodness that is a minority attitude within Canada.

#236 6 years ago

So who's hyped for a new Elvira game?

#237 6 years ago

nah just kidding. Someone came at me earlier today with the point that "Welfare has always proven to fail and only by being hungry will people succeed" and then you go to the stats for every developed country and have to stare and ponder what the heck these American patriots are smoking.

I think we can all come to an agreement though. Canada will take over the west coast states, Vermont, and NY State. red-blooded Americans can consolidate in the rest, build a wall, get rid of all taxes, and enact The Purge.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The latest solar installation in China produces 925MW and the average coal plant there produces 2000MW
So you are saying that each factory somehow requires it's own coal burning power plant????
Who is feeding you this information?
(China even builds floating solar farms that protect the baby fish from birds, and generate tons of electricity)

That is super cool! I hadn't heard of those installations before.

The 20th century was the American Century. The 21st will be China's.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

But I see a difficult world for my son where men are constantly per trade as idiots.

too true. I blame Tim The Toolman Taylor from Home Improvement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homelessness-part-two?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.