DVIfdQ1VwAAT6NR.jpg large (resized).jpg
Huddled-Masses (resized).png
keyser-soze-jpg_76342_20121024-484 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
billy-preston (resized).jpg
4FDB9E59-0159-4C73-8784-A3160165738B (resized).png
4F0ADBDF-F30A-4FB7-B730-9D97C2024A5B (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Prefect.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

I heard a story by Nicholas Cage that I always found interesting and probably true. Someone was talking with him about homelessness and how not having human touch and people constantly avoiding you would slowly drive anyone crazy. After hearing that Nick made sure to give homeless people a hug or something when he gives them money. These homeless people that you see with pets ,which I never before understood because now you need to feed the dog too, probably need them for the affection that no one else will give them.

But it is true though. There is a lady at my YMCA that is homeless and she carries a cart of all her belongings to the gym. She isn't dirty or anything and stays clean but people just avoid her. I made a joke to her once when I saw her that just carrying her cart must be a workout in itself. She looked kind of surprised that someone acknowledged her and smiled back.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Prefect.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homelessness-part-two?tu=Prefect and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.