DVIfdQ1VwAAT6NR.jpg large (resized).jpg
Huddled-Masses (resized).png
keyser-soze-jpg_76342_20121024-484 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
billy-preston (resized).jpg
4FDB9E59-0159-4C73-8784-A3160165738B (resized).png
4F0ADBDF-F30A-4FB7-B730-9D97C2024A5B (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Nothing about pinball here, just my overwhelming desire to end homelessness. I just feel like we can fix homelessness. As a society. It is complicated and ugly.

But I think we need to fix it. It is a truly worthy cause, to me. When we even attempt to help, it creates a better place in this world for everyone. I have good friends who argue with me about aspects of homelessness. But overwhelmingly, everyone desires positive outcomes.

Theoretically it is the first thing i want to fix. Check. If we can fix it in los angeles it could possibly be modeled everywhere. Not every aspect.

But the effort itself. makes the world a better place.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/29/legal-group-sues-the-county-to-stop-clearing-of-homeless-encampments-at-santa-ana-riverbed/

#3 6 years ago

In that link the video shows the residents. It polarizes people. But, this whole thing. Needs to improve. Its a real mess.

#4 6 years ago

“I’m not leaving until they arrest me,” said Lee Adams, 45, a Huntington Beach native who has lived at the riverbed for two years since losing his job at a local cemetery. “They have no rights to take us out.”

The lawsuit might determine whether he is right or not.

from the article...

#7 6 years ago

Can you imagine the horror to end up there. No one should. That is why we need to try to fix it. I want to start there. check.

#8 6 years ago

When i first started recovering and rolling around my town encountered a homeless girl. She was shouting at the sky.

She attracted the police attention as she walked by me.

Later I would see her occasionally shouting at the sky. She eyeballed me.

I did not see her for awhile, I thought she might have made it out. But the other day, she walked by the street, without shoes. She did not get out yet.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Homelessness in cold climate cities adds another layer. Up here in the Toronto area we probably lose at least one person a year in the winter due to them freezing to death. We have shelters but a lot of people refuse to use them as they do not feel safe in them . Lots of violence and robberies so they would rather take their chances out on the streets. Very sad !

The cold is a wrinkle that would need to be worked out per region. Like in Los angeles not as cold. Not an issue. But in detriot freezing. But the solutions we'll come up with, I'm hoping some will be universally helpful.

#20 6 years ago

I know we cannot truly fix it but can we? Everyone has told us what we can and can't do all our whole lives.

I am polarized on the causes for homelessness but I want to help. Everyone always said and says there is nothing new under the sun. But I disagree. I see things differently now. Am I so unique? No. Others must feel the same way. So if i can think differently we can come up with new solutions, perhaps.

But it will require teams. I'm on the Team.

Blah blah I'm rambling. I want to change the world. I have dreams of grandeur.

#47 6 years ago

I was thinking about housing in Los Angeles. Even if I could help build new housing, the system needs a major overhaul. But it seems like for the most part selfishness is the rule of the day. I can't help but be selfish, by nature. But I can help others too. I will.

What mess. I still want to solve it first.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Hope this shows up
In 1967 my father took a chance on a down on his luck young man
Read the article " Unwilling lane resident takes a bride"
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19690112&id=AdlVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MuEDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2165,2324617&hl=en

Thanks for showing us that.

#111 6 years ago

I'm very fortunate yesterday I was at a friends house playing his games. I have never played such a clean nice cyclone. Off topic. I know.

My interest in solving homelessness will not go away. My assumption moving forward is that I can get all sides to help. I think it's possible...

What I think is that we all want to help, but we don't know the solution. It is very complex. like a good pinball machine, perhaps.

#150 6 years ago

That's pretty scary. Not going to give up. I am going to try to help. Besides traumatic brain injury I am going to throw time and effort at homelessness. I think the two are dangerously related. I don't want to end up a negative statistic. As it is, things could have been very different for me. If it wasn't for my fiancée Veronika, I would be dead. Probably not homeless, but someone else in my situation. Screwed. Probably.

So I am going to throw my efforts at homelessness in Los angeles. I'm going to try to get others efforts involved too. I'm not trying to get anyone riled up. I seriously think we can help in so many areas. These causes included...

No matter who helps. It's going to take a team. Did I say that?

Take care!

#156 6 years ago

I had also thought about the cargo containers to be converted. There must be quite a few.

It seems like a great thing to include in an overall plan.

#179 6 years ago

The stacks from ready player one as envisioned by someone.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#213 6 years ago

My hope moving forward is despite the polarization and disagreement on details, we can work together to change things.

It may be one person or a group. It might very well be a few of us here from Pinside. That will make me personally a little prideful, when that happens...

I constantly compliment the Pinside community. No one should agree on everything, anyways.

#233 6 years ago

My fiancée is in that same exact camp!

She urges me to help myself, perhaps and then others. I do need it. She is the voice of reason in my madness.

#238 6 years ago

This interesting news piece on a homeless man who thought he could move into an Orange County park in Dana pointe overlooking the ocean.

That would be no.

Once when I worked at grainger in Irvine California they had found homeless were camping in a secluded area near us the whole time. They were by the back dock area. I think they just never came to thier site until after we closed but who knows. It was pretty creepy. We need solutions. I know I know it's a pinball forum...

http://abc7.com/society/elaborate-treehouse-discovered-in-oc-park/3054543/

#266 6 years ago

Honesty.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homelessness-part-two?tu=Azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.