1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 338 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
big battery (resized).jpg
Disco (resized).jpg
IMG_8794 (resized).jpg
kevin-frayer-china-floating-solar-field-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0962 (resized).PNG
gang-four-iggy-pop-1980-los-angeles (resized).jpg
iggy-pop-nude-exhibit-brooklyn-museum (resized).png
DVIfdQ1VwAAT6NR.jpg large (resized).jpg
Huddled-Masses (resized).png
keyser-soze-jpg_76342_20121024-484 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
billy-preston (resized).jpg
4FDB9E59-0159-4C73-8784-A3160165738B (resized).png
4F0ADBDF-F30A-4FB7-B730-9D97C2024A5B (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 1 year ago

Natural gas, fusion, water from dams and the force of ocean waves, nuclear, are all better producers for power on the environment than coal. Coal is like prehistoric man shit. Cars can run on water, vegetable oil, and most have been murderd for such ideas just like Tesla was. Big business at it's finest. Hurst made Canabis illegal because it threatened his forest to publish. Bamboo and Hemp are better alternatives for that instead of trees.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Vid it's all smoke and mirrors. Don't drink the koolaid. Green energy looks great on paper and is helpful, but not reliable and battery storage is insufficient too. No company is going to run on green energy alone. It does not have the capability to produce enough especially when all the big 3 phase power equipment is turned on. Anything helps but companies do solar for the subsidies money and nothing more. You might know a lot but you don't know about power and it's usage and generation.

Again, if you know so much, seriously, warn China about the big mistake they made cancelling construction on 103 coal fired plants that had already been started.

If China's factories go down, I'm not going to be able to get my new cell phone this year.

Foxcomm...Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#303 1 year ago

Spain is already 9% solar powered, better warn them about approaching clouds (although I hear that the rain in Spain falls mostly on the plains).

#304 1 year ago

Alright, I got yelled at.

Back to Homelessness only you guys!

#305 1 year ago

All countries spread this BS about clean energy. Where they really even going to build them or does it just sound better to say that and put some panels up just like the US. When their air quality improves then let's talk. There is no reason to build that many new generation stations in the first place. I thought you could understand, but apparently you don't. Everyone knows the down side of solar and wind energy so no need to warn them like I know something they don't. Again smoke and mirrors.

#306 1 year ago

F it I love a good debate personally. So people have no homes. Let's take tax dollars and build some homes that will create jobs. And when they become drug dens that will give the police something to do again jobs. Let's put them in prison now their not homeless and that creates jobs. And he'll when they burn down the houses that creates jobs for the fireman and construction guys again. Then repeat repeat......

#307 1 year ago

Watch Benefits Britain (it's available on Youtube). You can put the homeless in a home, but that ain't the end of it.

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You totally missed what we were talking about.
Poperpin said immigrants don't pay taxes.
I said they do.
Got it?

Get it straight vid, I said illegals are getting benefits paid by tax paying citizens.

#309 1 year ago

Well if Vid doesn't want to debate how great China is and green energy I'm going back to watching the best use of fossil fuels the start of the NHRA season

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Wind and solar can not supply the juice factories need, and at a constant need. They can help offset the need for coal, natural gas, and other ways to produce energy. But factories will always be online for power. That country doesn't have enough available space for the solar panels needed to power one factory. Clean energy is a way to make profits from government subsidies nothing more. Read a little more on those wind mill farms it's interesting.

IMG_8794 (resized).jpg

#311 1 year ago

Hey Vid is a intelligent person that knows pinball but not green energy scam that is in the Middle East paying US taxes where we don't belong. He is alright in my book but not correct in everything. Don't take things personal everyone has their opinions on things.

#312 1 year ago

What is your point MrBally?

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

What is your point MrBally?

You said : "Clean energy is a way to make profits from government subsidies nothing more. Read a little more on those wind mill farms it's interesting".

I happened to see that sign today near Ithaca, Michigan so I figured you could relate to it as obviously whoever put the sign up doesn't like the wind turbines....

#314 1 year ago

Oh hey Vid now I'm watching my dvr'd Rupaul drag race so yeah I must be a closed minded racist.

#315 1 year ago

I see. Yes they are an investors dream but are very inefficient. The wind can't be too much or too little. Government subsidies are the way they make money. Vid is a great and smart person but is out of his or her element when it comes to power usage and production or distribution.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

You must be correct.

With the face masks, asians wear face masks if they have a cold or flu. It’s so they don’t spread the germs to others.

I bought some to wear as a joke around town in Tokyo. Some have menthol in them to help with your breathing.

rd

#317 1 year ago

When the air makes your eyes bleed it's bad. China is what the US used to be.

#318 1 year ago

Don't get me started on the Asian couture and the killing of animals for one part. The stealing of pattons and so on.

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

With the face masks, asians wear face masks if they have a cold or flu. It’s so they don’t spread the germs to others.

Not always...

Disco (resized).jpg

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

All countries spread this BS about clean energy

In some countries it actually works!

From Wiki:
The electricity sector in New Zealand uses mainly renewable energy sources such as hydropower, geothermal power and increasingly wind energy. 80%[1]of energy for electricity generation is from renewable sources, making New Zealand one of the lowest carbon dioxide emitting countries in terms of electricity generation.

We mainly use hydro ... about 54%.

Rain is free ...may as well use it!

rd

#321 1 year ago

Yes in NZ it works but that's not solar or wind which is my point. I just saw an add to move to Italy off the coast which seems pretty enticing my self. With 16 pins and arcade games I have a ready made business plan.

#322 1 year ago

Wind energy is a joke don't be fooled. The others are reliable sources.

#324 1 year ago

Guess what we are animals nothing more we are not special in any means. If in the animal world we starve our runts or push our less than capable birds out the nest. Then why do we give so much to people that are not productive people of society. You kill people and get 99 years for what 3 meals and a bed. You can't help but drain society but bring innocent kids into your f'd world Why!!!! This is very extreme but so is the world.

#325 1 year ago

Am I crazy or is the reflection in that thing a skull?

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Guess what we are animals nothing more we are not special in any means. If in the animal world we starve our runts or push our less than capable birds out the nest. Then why do we give so much to people that are not productive people of society. You kill people and get 99 years for what 3 meals and a bed. You can't help but drain society but bring innocent kids into your f'd world Why!!!! This is very extreme but so is the world.

Well, one weapon against poverty worldwide is increasing education and opportunity to women for that reason.

#327 1 year ago

I have a daughter and a son. I see opportunities for my daughter which I'm glad for. But I see a difficult world for my son where men are constantly per trade as idiots. We sympathize with estrogen but not testosterone. You can't be attracted to the opposite sex or your demeaning. Tough waters ahead for young males.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He's just running on adrenaline.
If he slows down, even for a second, he'll die.

Well he's definitely running on something....

Quoted from Buzz:

Wind energy is a joke don't be fooled. The others are reliable sources.

How about an oversized Tesla branded Duracell battery spruiked to our State Govt by the man himself with the promise of it being setup for free if not operational within 100 days of announcement?

Rather telling that the man himself didn't even bother turning up to the opening event for it down here in South Australia either.

50 shades of Lyle Lanley. That cheque was cashed ASAP.

big battery (resized).jpg

Quoted from roffels:

Well, one weapon against poverty worldwide is increasing education and opportunity to women for that reason.

Plus increasing international trade on an equitable global playing field.

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Don't get me started on the Asian couture and the killing of animals for one part. The stealing of pattons and so on.

What about the killing of animals? What’s that about?

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I have a daughter and a son. I see opportunities for my daughter which I'm glad for. But I see a difficult world for my son where men are constantly per trade as idiots. We sympathize with estrogen but not testosterone. You can't be attracted to the opposite sex or your demeaning. Tough waters ahead for young males.

What do you mean by "per trade?"

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

What do you mean by "per trade?"

Portrayed.... a typical talk to type error. I love technology that isn't perfected yet we are charged full price for.

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Agreed. I have 3 daughters, first one just started new job. Big opportunities ahead for females in the right industries.

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Natural gas, fusion, water from dams and the force of ocean waves, nuclear, are all better producers for power on the environment than coal.

Indeed.

download (resized).jpg

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The latest solar installation in China produces 925MW and the average coal plant there produces 2000MW
So you are saying that each factory somehow requires it's own coal burning power plant????
Who is feeding you this information?
(China even builds floating solar farms that protect the baby fish from birds, and generate tons of electricity)

That is super cool! I hadn't heard of those installations before.

The 20th century was the American Century. The 21st will be China's.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

But I see a difficult world for my son where men are constantly per trade as idiots.

too true. I blame Tim The Toolman Taylor from Home Improvement.

#336 1 year ago

Need to get Robert Blake’s expertise involved regarding Diablo Canyon.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 10.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 89.99
There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside