1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheFool
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3296 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2777 (resized).jpg
    506E5100-6434-4972-9036-512125E89BCD.jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Hey Guys, this is the beginning of another Homebrew…

Some backstory…

Early 2014 I started my first attempt to build a Homebrew machine. Back then I basically had a wooden board, a few old pinball parts and some tools. I was basically just drilling holes and then screw-in some of the parts, without any clue what i am up to. It didn’t take long until I gave up. The reason why I quit, was the lack of custom controller hardware also MissionPinballFramework wasn’t even a thing back then.
    I think the whole project lasted 3 month. No pictures exist.

Then 2020 during lockdown. I got the idea of starting another attempt. Meanwhile MPF exists. Multiple custom pinball controller are available. What could possibly go wrong…
    This time I didn’t want to randomly drill holes into a wooden board. I wanted to do it more “professional”
    So I searched for a CAD program. Teached myself on how to use it and started drawing. To get spacing for parts like lane guides and switch holes right. I had an old salvaged BOP playfield I took measurements of off and transferred them into my CAD.
    Long story short… Since early 2020 I have been working on a CAD file for a playfield layout. I started over multiple times, it took me 5 different layout variations until I felt comfortable with it.

13. June 2022 marks a milestone in the process of making the game. Prototype #1 playfield physically existing!

Some more info…
    Although I have multiple themes in mind. This game will most likely become an Original theme. The rules will stay “System11” like, which means easy.
    It will be build with P3-Roc, with MPF on Windows.
    The target of this project is. Help me understand how to use MPF as well as eliminating faults in my CAD work. Once everything is sorted out and I feel comfortable with it. The next Homebrew will become one of my themes I have in mind…

For now we will focus on what you see in the picture… Many more details will be shared in the following weeks. Once the assembly of the playfield progresses.

Questions, Comments, Concerns let’s discuss them here can’t wait to talk with other Homebrew builders.

Maximilian

506E5100-6434-4972-9036-512125E89BCD.jpeg506E5100-6434-4972-9036-512125E89BCD.jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

Looking forward to seeing the populated playfield!

#3 1 year ago

Glad you started a thread! Pf is looking good - Following

#4 1 year ago

Nice start - following!

4 months later
    #5 1 year ago

How’s this coming along?

3 months later
    #6 1 year ago

Thanks all for your interest!!!

Some might be curious how the project is going. The answer is Slow&Steady
    I am super busy lately so I barely have time to work on the project unfortunately. But that doesn't mean its at a stand still.
    Playfield assembly is around 80% completed. Just missing the final version of ball guides as well as the final version of both main ramps.

Some facts about the Whitewood#1 playfield.
    Manual ball launch
    3 Ball trough
    2 Flippers
    2 Spinners
    3 Bumpers
    4 Single drop targets
    12 Standup targets
    3 Ramps(including shooter lane) 2 are not assembled yet.
    1 Captive ball
    1 Scoop
    1 Kicker lane
    3 Up posts
    3 Ball trough

While Whitewood#1 is not even fully assembled. Work on Whitewood#2 already started, which mostly fixes some issues I made with my measurements. But there will be a slight redesign in the left side of the playfield.

Noteworthy changes from Whitewood#1 to Whitewood#2
    Replace Manual ball launch with auto ball launch.
    Upgrade ball trough to hold 4 balls.
    Remove scoop on left side and replace with a drop target bank.
    Add 2 VUKs at Bumper area to allow physical ball lock.

Since the latest MPF and Python update contains a bug which prevents P-Roc hardware to work properly. I am working on CAD for Whitewood#2, to hopefully get it cut in march

Here are to pictures of the current progress

IMG_2777 (resized).jpgIMG_2777 (resized).jpgIMG_3296 (resized).jpgIMG_3296 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #7 1 year ago

Very Nice. Are you using P3-Roc or the P-roc?
    Just curious. I have a been looking for information on projects using the older P-Roc board and wondering. Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homebrew-what-could-possibly-go-wrong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.