Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jabdoa
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If you are building or have built a homebrew or retheme, what applicable skills did you bring in prior to starting? ”

• Software 9 votes
      19%
    • Art 4 votes
      9%
    • Mechanical design / CAD 5 votes
      11%
    • Fabrication 10 votes
      21%
    • Electrical design 8 votes
      17%
    • Sound / music 6 votes
      13%
    • Animation 3 votes
      6%
    • Other (please PM me that skill) 0 votes
    • None of the above 2 votes
      4%

(Multiple choice - 47 votes by 17 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Mine's not a full homebrew, it's more along the lines of an 'upgrade' like CCR and BoP2.0, and it's more for the experience and to push myself to learn new things, while addressing some things I don't like about the game I'm working on (Haunted House).

I am actually toying with two different potential homebrew ideas after this one though. And those are simply because I'm looking to bring certain themes to a physical table. But a full homebrew is exponentially more work than a re-program.

-Hans

#8 3 years ago

For me I work as Electronics Manufacturing Engineer as my 'day job', used to be a repair tech for industrial machinery, plus my pinball side gig. My main strength really isn't in electronics design, I'm mainly focused on the manufacture and design for manufacture (DFM). Not that I can't do design work too it's just secondary from a career standpoint.

I've done some software work but never really powered through to get any good at it. I'm getting better at CAD design and have been talking some courses in Blender to help improve on that.

But when it comes to plain 'ole tinkering I'm just in my glory. If I could make my pinball gig work out for me full time I'd be nothing but happy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homebrew-skill-set-?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.