Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Collin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

peewee.jpg
    broke.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It's a ridiculously stupid term anyways, games are either in really good shape or they're not. Whether they sat unplayed on location at a VA hall (true story for a pin I was trying to buy) or in someone's home arcade that got constant play at parties by drunk friends it's what they look like that counts.
    Just retire it already, condition is king.

As I'm mentioned many times, this is a typical comment of someone who has never seen a true HUO wpc. While I agree it's the condition that counts, I have yet to see an in person or anywhere on the net a true HUO WPC that looks like shit.

Receipt or not, a true HUO WPC can be determined right way by spectacular condition. One might say the best restorers could have done this, but really, they're not trying to fool any one and would brand it as their work, and more often then not do so much additional modding or chroming, that would be indicative as well.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Blah blah blah, I don't care. Really nice WPC is a really nice WPC. We have words for that, they describe the condition of the game. Being in a home instead of an arcade is irrelevant. What if it was bought by an op, stored in a warehouse before going on route, and then he went out of business and it just sat there unplayed? That's not "home use only", would you pass up on it when it came up for sale? Of course not. It's a stupid term, and no amount of "you don't get it" is going to change my mind, sorry.

That would be a very rare scenario. Most are routed, some are home use only, others fall in the NIB finds, and unheard of stuff like what you posted. I did agree with you that condition is the important thing, and obviously I think everyone would, but when I hear people say HUO could be a piece of crap, that's what I have to step in and say what I did, again, you have clearly not owned a HUO WPC.

This isn't coming from a snob elitist, all of my current WPC’s were routed for some point, some very little, some a lot, I take what I can get, and I have done a lot to them to make the PF’s look and play as good as possible, but I have owned two HUO WPC’s, and gone through a lot of machines, and coming from experience, which a lot of the people that would state HUO means something I bet would confirm, HUO WPC’s they have come across are well above even the best shape, non-restored games out there.

It means a lot, and it commands the price and demand as such. There is no arguing that. Good luck to those that want the term to go away, but it ain’t.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

HUO doesn't. It's a meaningless terms for wanker collectors to throw around, and that's it. It only matters to people with $$ in their eyes

My apologies that you can't appreciate that which others do. I'm sure there is someone that you know that would say the same about the machines you have purchased, that pinball is a waste, and the same about the TS package you made, saying no one needs that, but in the end there is a desire and a damand in all cases, and you insulting those that choose to care about what you have no vested insterest in is unwarranted.

Your comments are pretty bold for someone so new still. Grow up a little and quit being such a knowitall with what matters and what does not.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

lol okay, this grasshopper is gonna move on then. If it matters to you then enjoy it. I'll continue to buy based on real world measurements after looking at the machine in person and inspecting it. We can both be happy.

I didn't say that. It matters to people, it doesn't to sum, but it means something. There is no reason to call people wankers and basically state they have more money than brains because they desire this.

Even if I had the money to buy all that I have in expensive HUO's, which I'm sure if you have the money, you could, I would not, as I don't personally appreciate that as much as I would playable nice machines I fix up, and using the money elsewhere. But that's not to say if I was to come across a HUO I might not buy it, and it's not to say that I can't appreciate that some might want this, and that it does mean something value wise.

I don't believe if you were blindly aware of a machine you wanted coming up somewhere close to you, and you then learned it was HUO without seeing it, you wouldn't get more excited.

Just trust me on this. I'm sure there are comments from me from years previous where I made similar remarks, "HUO could be bad shape, means nothing", honestly I'm sure of it, but once you get one, and come to see what they all do look like from people posting finds on pinside and RGP, you soon realize, well at least I can say, I have NEVER seen a poor HUO find, they are all outstanding with some issues (leakage, marks on the cab from being wherever).

#45 10 years ago

double post, delete

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-use-only-huo-no-more?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.