11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Astropin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I'm thinking about having a home tournament after I add a third machine.

Looking for help on how this would work. The plan would be to have everyone buy in (either $5 or $10)

Probably looking at having anywhere from 10 to 18 players. This would be a couples event and most have played very little pinball and it's probably been 20 years since they did (This would be my way of re-introducing it to them).

Formats?
    Prize Pool?

Is there a way to handicap myself or should I just play host and sit out the tourney? Maybe I play one ball to their three and see how if goes?

#2 11 years ago

With 18 players, single elimination will take around 2.5 hours. Double will take around 4.

If you only get 10 players, you might consider doing a round-robin. That's when every player plays every other player, and the player with the most wins is the winner.

Here's some free single and double elim bracket software. Makes managing everything very easy. (Note: you'll get several ad-ware and toolbar solicitations so make sure you decline them.)

http://download.cnet.com/ALJ-Tournament-Maker/3000-2121_4-10620462.html?tag=mncol;2

#3 11 years ago

4 hours would be fine.

Thanks for the info.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-tournament-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.