(Topic ID: 254878)

Home Run Plastics (Vacuum Forming) Project Available One Last Time

By SteveinTexas

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

I was coaxed over the last year to make some more vacuum formed home run plastics.

They came out well and all are in the post to my cajolers, they will receive today. I hope they like them.

I have some surplus materials on hand to take advantage of the supplier’s price breaks. When this material is used, I will make no more, as they take so long to make.

This plastic was used on the Williams Baseball games 63 Major League Deluxe, 63 Big Inning, 64 Williams Grand Slam Deluxe and the novelty version when they introduced the home run target. Eventually the plastics disintegrate and become absent on games hence games not being restored. This plastic has helped in the restoration of over 30+ games to date.

Attached is an old thread link. They are buried elsewhere on this site in a day unless on the EM treads sub forum.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-major-league-grand-slam-big-inning-target-plastics#post-5224022

Recent October 2019 batch
    3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
    Different versions on each game.
    5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
    63 Major League 6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg
    63 Major League has arrows that light to indicate a home run opportunity rewarded with an additional inning. We use translucent white paint to make this work.

#2 4 years ago

Steve as one of your grateful ‘cajolers’ I just thought I’d publicly thank you again for doing this. The plastics look amazing in the photos and I’m sure even better installed in the games! Excited to see these show up on my porch this week!

#3 4 years ago

Pm sent to get a couple if these .
    Thanks.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from g43crazy:

Pm sent to get a couple if these .
    Thanks.

Next batch will be ready before Xmas. I wil PM anyone that is interested once I can confirm the ETA.

#5 4 years ago

killer

3 weeks later
    #6 4 years ago

I have made the final plastics forms and am ready for specific game orders. It will take about 3 days to to the shipping date.

Last and best batch I can make. This is the final chance to update your game back to new.

Pm me if you want one.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 week later
    #7 4 years ago

Sending 4 home run plastics out this morning in time for Christmas. Have a few more blanks ready if anyone needs one now is the time.

#8 4 years ago

following

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-run-plastics-vacuum-forming-project-available-one-last-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.