6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Who-Dey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Can anybody explain the difference of Home Play vs Factory settings in installs? Is one easier than the other ? Differences in game play ?

#3 6 years ago

I think you can set those settings within in either of those "installs" ? I guess I'm asking what is the difference of the game installs ...

In the Installs menu you can select :

Directors Cut
    Home Play
    Novelty
    Add A Ball
    Factory

The little blurb in the manual says programming varies and is subject to change after each version listed.

I was wondering in generalities what the main difference is between a game with Home Play install selected vs Factory install.
    Is one easier to play than the other ? etc.

#5 6 years ago

I updated code on my Metallica recently. In the install menu I set the game to Home Play.

The game was still Match active. Credits instead of free play - I had to go in to standard adjustment menu and put it into free play - etc.
    The game does not give you extra balls instead of credits either by selecting Home Play in installs.

So I guess I'm still looking for answers.... Installs do appear to be different function than the standard adjustments in the menus.

Installs don't appear to change standard adjustments - perhaps Installs might change some difficulty factors within the Features adjustments ??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-play-vs-factory-settings?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.