(Topic ID: 159525)

Home Owners Insurance Covers Pinball Machines?

By EricHadley

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

collectibles-v-std-ho-ins_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parabol420.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

They are covered, but you will not get replacement value, you will get far far less, especially for games that are not currently being made, which is like 98% of them.

If you are truly concerned about them, you need to schedule them, its not that much. I have all my games scheduled and covered separately from my home insurance policy. They required that I gave them a copy of the Mr. Pinball 2016 pricing guide, so that the underwriters could have something to base true market value off of.

Here is what to ask your insurance agent, let's say you have an awesome shape, HUO twilight zone worth roughly 6500-7000 in value. Ask them if that machine gets destroyed or stolen, will you be able to claim that full 7k and get it without hassle under your current home owners policy? I bet you find the general answer is no for that specific scenario.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

So does "scheduling" them cost more or just a formal process?

It is both.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

If you have replacement cost on your contents and your five year old 80" tv is lost in a claim, are they going to give you $100 for an old tv? No. They will replace it. Sounds to me like you guys have cheap insurance companies or are getting answers from people that don't really know coverage.

Sure, and this one is simple, those style of TVs are still being made. It is easily replaced by a current model, and you are nice and happy.

The answer I was given for general coverage, is that if something happens to my Big Bang Bar, worth 15k, they will look to currently being made machines to try and replace it. I will not get anywhere close to 15k, not gonna happen, unless its scheduled, and its value is documented for the underwriters.

#67 7 years ago

As just an FYI for costs, it costs me about 700 a year to schedule a collection valued around 100k, which is right around that 0.7% value stated in a post above . Because each machine is individually scheduled with actual market verification (mr. pinball price guide), I will get full market value for each one if anything happens to them.

In addition, a nice benefit of this scheduled coverage, is they are now covered if they break and need fixing. Obviously a small fix like a coil or something wont be worth it, but if something were to happen and say smoke all the boards in the backbox, you could run that cost through the insurance and be covered instead of it coming out of pocket.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from john32:

FYI.. I bumped my deductible to $1000 and got mine for 4.70 per thousand mine runs 470 for 100,000

Nice! I'm gonna call my agent and see if I can do something similar and get a little better deal, thanks for the info.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parabol420.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-owners-insurance-covers-pinball-machines?tu=parabol420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.