(Topic ID: 159525)

Home Owners Insurance Covers Pinball Machines?

By WackyBrakke

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

collectibles-v-std-ho-ins_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john32.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

I am an insurance agent too. I have replacement cost coverage on my homeowners and I schedule pins under schedule personal property so I know they are covered for what I have them listed for. Many agents tell you the are insured for replacement which is true but the problem is that if they are totaled in a fire, tornado or any other covered peril there is no way they can determine condition. lets say I have a mint HUO Addams family which I think is worth $6500 well if its totaled they will determine the price on any Addams family. let say average TAF goes for 5000 that's what they will settle for. I just lost 1500.. They can not replacement something that is no longer in production with a new one. on my policy it cost me 4.70 per thousand. My thoughts this is cheap for peace of mind and knowing I don't have to fight on the value. My 2 cents

#64 3 years ago

again I am an agent, to answer viper001, if you schedule it on your homeowners policy you don't have to worry about two different companies and who pays what. When I schedule it I have the same as the collectible companies coverages.. Like someone said before it is all risk coverage except what the policy excludes.. and on values my company needs an appraisal or some justification on anything $5000 or over. So what I did was print off the values from the pinside page of each individual machine an they accepted that.

#68 3 years ago

FYI.. I bumped my deductible to $1000 and got mine for 4.70 per thousand mine runs 470 for 100,000

#71 3 years ago

transportation is covered... underwriting is double checking to see if flood is covered... I have it insured as a collectible without breakage...flood is covered if I insure it for collectible with breakage.. they will get back with me on the without breakage.. what this all means is if you schedule personal property there are different rates for different items.. suck as jewelry, guns, china,. if I drop the pinball machine that is not breakage as if I broke a piece of china

#74 3 years ago

typically underwriters are only available to the agents. most companies have a costumer service number that may patch you through to some one.. I know our company a lot of time will email them a copy of the policy and tell them where it is at in the policy..

#76 3 years ago

I also have my autos, house, and umbrella policy with my company.. rates are determined by a lot of factors and one of the major factors on property coverage is where you live and how quick fire department can get to you.. so your address. I live in Kansas so storms are a big rating factor on price.

1 year later
    #92 1 year ago

I am insurance agent and as I said up above in this thread buy an Inland Marine policy that attaches your homeowners policy. The inland marine has state amount coverage up to the value they agree on when you add the machine to the policy. It is primary and is basically an all risk policy with a few exceptions. Cheap piece of mine at 4.70 per thousand

1 week later
    #101 1 year ago

mine is $591.00 for 156,000

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 4,199.00
    $ 49.00
    $ 189.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 109.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john32.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside