(Topic ID: 159525)

Home Owners Insurance Covers Pinball Machines?

By EricHadley

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

collectibles-v-std-ho-ins_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

You have to add them to your insurance. Pictures, descriptions, value and serial numbers.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Mine are covered under my personal property and are part of that limit (~$435k). Mine may have a value around $20k, so there is no problem there. There is no schedule for pinball machines with my company as there is with jewelry/coins/watches/furs/firearms/arts etc....
    Coverage shouldn't be an issue unless your pin value is a significant percentage of your personal property coverage and then you can always increase your personal property coverage for an extra premium if needed.

Sure there covered until your house burns down and you have no prof of what games you had. Lets see what happens then. My one friend thought the same. He got $800 from his insurance on a $3500 pin.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

My issue with insurance companies is they will verbally say yeah no problem, it's covered. Then you read the extremely long policy contract and it seems like there are lots of loop holes on what is and is not covered. There are aways limits of jewelry, computers, and other random crap. So I basically do not trust anything they say to me verbally, and I'll bet you anything they would not fully cover, or come anywhere close to it, the value of the pinball machines. Has anyone on here had an incident where they actually had to use insurance on their machines? If so how did that go? I think for me it's worth it to schedule them and pay whatever extra that costs. This way it's in writing, which is the only way I will know they are covered. Having an agent tell me verbally doesn't do it for me at all.

Yes, a friend of mine had a house fire and lost his restored Haunted House. He had paid $3500. For it. He got $800. From his insurance company. This was a few years ago. The game didn't burn but was smoke damaged and everything was covered in black soot. Plastics melted and backglass shattered.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-owners-insurance-covers-pinball-machines?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.