Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinterest
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1416773128199.jpg
    20141123_122819.jpg
    20141123_112710.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys thanks for all the helpful info on clear coating a playfield especially vid. I came up with an inexpensive way to do it. I used my 10 x 10 zip tent and cheap plastic drop cloths. It kept everything clean and clear.

20141123_112710.jpg 20141123_122819.jpg
    #2 7 years ago

I like it!

Although it needs signage along the sides that says "Portable Meth Lab" for the neighbors.

#3 7 years ago

The BUZZ Hut....

#4 7 years ago

Haha and I live in the ritzy part of westchester ny . Lol you what they say ... better to have a shack in Beverly Hills than a mansion in the hood. Thanks vid the tips have been really helpful made my virgin experience much easier and protected my health too! Thanks

#5 7 years ago

How did you prevent overspray?

#6 7 years ago

I closed off the front when spraying and used the spraymax 2pac which was great. I watched a video from spraymax and had good results so far. I only have two machines and probably wont do this again so i went the cheaper route. So far so good.

#7 7 years ago

A little more sanding and one more coat to go.

1416773128199.jpg
    #8 7 years ago
    Quoted from leckylove:

I closed off the front when spraying and used the spraymax 2pac which was great. I watched a video from spraymax and had good results so far. I only have two machines and probably wont do this again so i went the cheaper route. So far so good.

Closing off the front prevented overspray?

That's a sure way to help cause it.

Care to elaborate?

#9 7 years ago

I see where your going with this.... But a little overspray most likely be generated on that project. mostly just keeping bugs and blowing leaves away I guess.

#10 7 years ago

I didn't close it off completely I actually raised the sides up a foot and close the front partially to prevent leaves. I am in New York and it is fall .So far so good. It does look like a meth lab though... my neighbors must be loving me.

2 months later
    #11 6 years ago
    Quoted from leckylove:

I didn't close it off completely I actually raised the sides up a foot and close the front partially to prevent leaves. I am in New York and it is fall .So far so good. It does look like a meth lab though... my neighbors must be loving me.

LOL I live in the Poughkeepsie area - and I'm prepping my playfield for a spring spraying! Was thinking about doing the same thing you did with the cheap tent from Harbor Freight.

Its on sale for $59 now - http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-10-ft-popup-canopy-69456.html

Then I can have my own portable meth lab!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside