(Topic ID: 19208)

Ultra-thin mirror blades *UPDATE 11/01* new "mini" batch for sale; black & gold

By Drano

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gameroom_GRG_007.JPG
    lotr4.JPG
    lotr3.JPG
    lotr2.JPG
    lotr.JPG
    IMG_1630.JPG
    IMG_1623.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_8772.JPG
    IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_7130.jpg
    IMG_7125.jpg
    IMG_7124.jpg

There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

T2 with its fancy new blades. Thanks. I'm the only guy on the block with this setup!

I would add a T2 that looks like that back into my lineup again. Unfortunately for me at the time it was my only pin for a while and I burnt out of it to quick.

#302 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

T2 with its fancy new blades. Thanks. I'm the only guy on the block with this setup!

Not for long. I just bought the whole T2 tuning kit from pinballdreams.

#303 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

Not for long. I just bought the whole T2 tuning kit from pinballdreams.

#304 11 years ago

Can't wait to see that! Thats gotta go on the T2 club page.

1 week later
    #305 11 years ago

Drano,

Found this thread late in the game...I'd be in for 2 sets of Black Mirror Blades in Bally/Williams spec for the SS and CFTBL. Please let me know when you'll be running another batch.

cheers,

rody

#306 11 years ago

Rody,
    My last batch is all but sold out.

I have maybe two sets of chrome in Stern and 1 or 2 of the custom tread-plate patterned ones I did for RS and T2. (See bigduke's T2 a few posts back).

I wasn't really planning to run another batch before the new year, but there has been some interest in my black and gold blades especially. I could potentially run a single sheet of each if there is enough demand. That's 8 sets of each and I'll likely run the sheets as half BW and half Stern.

If anyone else is looking for these (black or gold) let me know ASAP and I'll attempt to cut exactly what is needed instead of guessing.

I'm assuming it would take 2-3 weeks?

#307 11 years ago

Yes, black chrome for Bally/williams and/or Stern please!!

#308 11 years ago

I would want a set for my IM. Would you recommend gold? If so, I want that color.

#309 11 years ago

Yo D...that'd be super! I'm in for the B/W in black for 2 sets, let me know if you need some cash up front to get it moving.

cheers,

rody

#310 11 years ago

Alright guys.
    Except for a couple of the custom T2/RS blades, I am now completely sold out.
    Thanks all for your continued support!

I'll see about getting in some gold and black next week and doing a few more just to tide folks over until I can manage another larger batch.

Adriano

#311 11 years ago

Adriano,

I popped these in yesterday. The gold mirror blades are a great match for my Congo!

Pictures don't do it justice.

Barry

IMG_1621.JPGIMG_1621.JPG IMG_1623.JPGIMG_1623.JPG

#312 11 years ago

One more...

IMG_1630.JPGIMG_1630.JPG

#313 11 years ago

Thanks Barry!
    They look great.

#314 11 years ago

Okay everyone,
    There has been some interest in getting a few more blades made sooner rather than later.
    I can only commit to black and gold for a quick turnaround so I am releasing 8 sets of each.

Anyone wanting one of these (in either BW or Stern) please contact me as soon as possible.
    I will be cutting next week.

Thank you.
    Adriano

#315 11 years ago

*UPDATE*

Looks like the black are mostly gone (just waiting to confirm one order) and I have one set of gold still available. That was fast!!!

Thank you to all who ordered. Hopefully this run will cover any unmet demand for the remainder of 2012. I'll send out payment details next week once the materials are in my hands.

Adriano

#316 11 years ago

You know....call me crazy, but I'm not kind of wondering if the diamondplate sides wouldn't look kind of sweet in Tron...

*edit* but they don't fit Stern. Drat. It kinda reminds me of the Sea of Simulation scene.

#317 11 years ago

Just got my gold mirror blades in and installed for my LOTR from Adriano. They look fantastic in this game; very happy

lotr.JPGlotr.JPG lotr2.JPGlotr2.JPG lotr3.JPGlotr3.JPG lotr4.JPGlotr4.JPG

#318 11 years ago
    Quoted from evolution:

Just got my gold mirror blades in and installed for my LOTR from Adriano. They look fantastic in this game; very happy

Looks great. I have a set here waiting to go in my LOTR LE. Gotta finish installing my figures first. You gave me some motivation!

#319 11 years ago

Question. Ever tried buffing a scratch out of the gold. Is it even possible?

#320 11 years ago
    Quoted from evolution:

How did I miss this post? They look great! Thanks for the pics.
    Can't wait to finish modding my LOTR so I can put in the blades!

Quoted from bigduke6:

Question. Ever tried buffing a scratch out of the gold. Is it even possible?

Have never tried. It's possible, but not sure what it will do to the finish? The gold is a surface treatment, it could potentially wear.

#321 11 years ago

Hey Everyone,
    My CAD file is ready to go and my materials are here.
    I just noticed that I do have one set of black not accounted for.

If anyone out there wants a black set in a specific style (Stern or BW) speak now or forever hold your peace.

I will be cutting both sheets over the next two days and packing orders over the weekend.
    I'll send out payment details shortly.

Adriano

#322 11 years ago

Any idea when chrome Stern will be run?

#323 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Hey Everyone,
    My CAD file is ready to go and my materials are here.
    I just noticed that I do have one set of black not accounted for.
    If anyone out there wants a black set in a specific style (Stern or BW) speak now or forever hold your peace.
    I will be cutting both sheets over the next two days and packing orders over the weekend.
    I'll send out payment details shortly.
    Adriano

I guess I'll take it.

#324 11 years ago
    Quoted from rockinganker:

Any idea when chrome Stern will be run?

The chrome material has a two week order window and, since this was just going to be a quick run to cover some extra demand that was not met (mostly in gold and black) I did not plan to do any chrome until my next big batch after the holidays. Also, even though my blades are thinner, my pricing on the chrome is about the same as any other supplier, so I only really offer them for folks that want to combine multiple sets and get all their different blades in one order. The black and gold are in higher demand and offer the largest cost savings.

Quoted from markmon:

I guess I'll take it.

I'm sorry Mark. The last set went pretty fast... but I'll let you knwo if anyone backs out.
    On a good note, I am finally producing those WH2O plastics and I've got one set aside for you.

Adriano

#325 11 years ago

One set of Bally Williams gold has become available.

#326 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

I'm sorry Mark. The last set went pretty fast... but I'll let you knwo if anyone backs out.
    On a good note, I am finally producing those WH2O plastics and I've got one set aside for you.
    Adriano

That's ok. It was just to be a spare anyway. Excited to get the plastic though

#327 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

That's ok. It was just to be a spare anyway. Excited to get the plastic though

Well, you have another chance Mark

All orders are packed and going out today... but I did have one order fall through and there are two gold BW sets available as a result. Actually, I also have one black BW set as well, but its sort of spoken for. Just waiting on payment, but I will update if anything changes.

Once I get these out of the way, maybe I can focus on getting those WH2O plastics made up.

#328 11 years ago

Since I messes up the sideboards of my IM, I think I need to get a set. Would black look good on IM?

#329 11 years ago

Any metallic red blades out there?

#330 11 years ago

Im guessing that the bold blades will fit My Champion Pub?

#331 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Since I messes up the sideboards of my IM, I think I need to get a set. Would black look good on IM?

Black offers a more stock look, but with a cooler reflective finish... if thats what you prefer.
    Depending on the color of your trim, gold is also a great option on IM.

Quoted from Phetishboy:

I did make a small test batch way back (would have been cool on Gweem's IM too) but it was just an experiement. They were too costly. I could make a batch if someone wanted to commit to 4 sets, or get a group together.

Quoted from Phatchit:

Im guessing that the bold blades will fit My Champion Pub?

I don't see why not. The only issues I've faed to date is TSPP. It has some wooden blocks that get in the way and the buyer and I figured out a way to modify them to work. Aside from that, theyre pretty universal on any modern (read DMD era) stern or BW game.

#332 11 years ago

Has anyone removed the blades from a stern cabinet? I made a little mistake when I installed and one blade is too far forward. I want to take it out and put it where it belongs. Any tips? Drano, what kind of product did you use to get them to stick? Since I will need to reapply once I remove? I am hoping not to mess up the cabinet but if I do it will be cover by the blade anyway. Thanks, Mike

#333 11 years ago

I'll take one of the Williams / Bally gold sets if it is still available. Or black or silver what ever is left if any.

#334 11 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Has anyone removed the blades from a stern cabinet? I made a little mistake when I installed and one blade is too far forward. I want to take it out and put it where it belongs. Any tips? Drano, what kind of product did you use to get them to stick? Since I will need to reapply once I remove? I am hoping not to mess up the cabinet but if I do it will be cover by the blade anyway. Thanks, Mike

It's 3/4" double-sided tape.
    If you pull gently it should peel up, but I would do this with the playfield lifted out to be safe.
    The blades may warp, so just be careful. You can try warming them with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive.
    I doubt you would damage the cabinet unless you had loose wood to begin with. Any residue will clean up with some naptha or goo gone.

#335 11 years ago

another installation tip is to use thumb tacks (flat headed pins) and insert through the screw holes = less damage to the cabinet. Also less likely for the playfield to catch on something that sits very flush with the blade. Still use 2 small pieces of tape at the top to keep the blade straight.

#336 11 years ago

What would be the cost of the red mirror if done?

#337 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

Quoted from jamespin:

I have a set installed in my red-powder coated spiderman and plan to swap it with chrome, which I have already paid for an ordered. Chrome blades cost me $125 plus shipping from pinballdecals. You want to buy my red ones for $125 plus shipping? That's less than they cost me If so, send me a PM and as soon as I get the chrome to replace it, I'll swap these and use the box the chrome ones came in to send them to you.

Quoted from jorge5240:

The blades are very easy to pry out with your hands (no tools) assuming you didnt use any screws. If the tape lost its adhesive after, you can just use carpet tape or double sided duct tape from home depot or such.

#338 11 years ago

Drano ,, Can you get me a set for my HS2 ? Just Chrome Mirror !!

Answer here , then send me a PM w/ the info ..

Gameroom_GRG_007.JPGGameroom_GRG_007.JPG

#339 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I have a set installed in my red-powder coated spiderman and plan to swap it with chrome, which I have already paid for an ordered. Chrome blades cost me $125 plus shipping from pinballdecals. You want to buy my red ones for $125 plus shipping? That's less than they cost me If so, send me a PM and as soon as I get the chrome to replace it, I'll swap these and use the box the chrome ones came in to send them to you.

Yes, if I can see a few pics first. I just wanna see if the red will match or clash with my powdercoated hardware. Awesome.

#340 11 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

The red material ends up selling for about $200 a set. Also, it is not super reflective. It's a brushed metal finish. It would look best on IM and XM magneto.
    Since it is so specialized and pricey, I opted to just leave it as an experiment.

#341 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Drano ,, Can you get me a set for my HS2 ? Just Chrome Mirror !!
    Answer here , then send me a PM w/ the info ..

I won't be making more chrome until the next large batch in early January.

On a side note, I'm also planning on ceating some blades for system 11 pins which nobody currently makes.

#342 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

On a side note, I'm also planning on ceating some blades for system 11 pins which nobody currently makes.

Sweet! I would love to have a set of gold for my Fire!

#343 11 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Sweet! I would love to have a set of gold for my Fire!

I admittedly don't know a lot about system 11 cabs and I understand there are variants as well. My buddy is measuring his HS for me, so anything with the same cab will be a match.

I'll post results once I have a set to test.

#344 11 years ago

I still have one set of Bally/Williams in gold if anyone wants it.
    Shoot me a PM

Adriano

*PS*
    For any of you on this latest batch.
    If I forgot to include printed instructions in your box, please contact me and I will PM them to you.
    I missed at least one that I know of, but it was getting late and my brain was shutting down.

#345 11 years ago

Still have one set of B/W gold!

Last set of the year. Normally $150 + $40 shipping but I'll clear it out at $175 shipped.
    If anyone is interested send me a PM.

1 month later
    #346 11 years ago

Will the Stern ones fit in a TFTC?

3 weeks later
    #347 11 years ago

Any pics of mirror blades on a White Water?

#348 11 years ago

impressive results. may have to get a large order for florida.

how about green for haunted house? not a big deal, but a shorter wall to work with.

have you/can you run a green for cirqus voltaire?

how about gold for a sega frankenstein?

at least i know a gold set for totan.

There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-made-mirror-blades/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.