(Topic ID: 113562)

Home install on newer Stern, what does it do?

By Flippersaurus

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-437.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Anyone know what the "Home" setting in the install menus typically does? I was hoping it might get rid of the Squawk! noise when you get a high score or get a match. Me no likey in my home. I set match to 0%, but it still happens with a high score. Anyway, it got me wondering with the Home setting does do?

#2 9 years ago

Not sure about the home setting, but you can adjust the knocker volume separately in the menu.

#3 9 years ago

Also, what is novelty mode supposed to do? I'm told it changes the call out voices to sound like hillbilly rednecks.

#4 9 years ago

Standard adjustments (SPI):

image.jpgimage.jpg

Option 44 (on Iron Man):

image-437.jpgimage-437.jpg

Squawky goes bye bye.

#5 9 years ago

Then as soon as possible install a rea knocker in that bad boy

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Anyone know what the "Home" setting in the install menus typically does?

I wonder what's the answer on this question too...

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the help with the squawk!

#8 9 years ago

I think it turns it to free play, changes to add-a-ball, turns off match feature.

#9 9 years ago

This would be much easier to answer if we knew what pin you were referring to? Then someone could look in the manual for that pin and give you a specific answer for the "Home" setting.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-install-on-newer-stern-what-does-it-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.