(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topher5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

...I have in my collection ...Raven...

Hi Mike.
I've got a Raven also. In the manual, it says that the right flipper button changes the top rollover lights, but that doesn't work on mine. Does it on yours?

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Yes it does. You might have a problem with the lane change switch. Mike

Okay, thanks, I was thinking that maybe it was never implemented & wasn't taken out of the manual. I'll get out the manual & try to find where the switch is.
Edit: Read on Google groups that the switch is on the flipper, not a stacked EOS switch. I'll take a look tonight. Is it supposed to be open or closed? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I believe it's normally open. Mike

Yeah, I took a look at it last night. It closes when the flipper's pressed so I ran a business card through it but it didn't help. I'll reflow the solder & take a more in depth look at it on the weekend.

10 months later
#770 8 years ago

Mine did this too so I disconnected the reset board.

#773 8 years ago

If I remember correctly, it's in the top right of the back box. Here's a pic from the manual:
reset board1.jpgreset board1.jpg

1 year later
#1270 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I'm troubleshooting my first Gottlieb (a Genesis), and I'm having these issues:
#1) Right flipper's lane change isn't working

On my Raven, the wire to the leaf switch had come off.

#1271 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

On my Robowar I think I touch a couple contacts together or something but I can't start a game now and the display show's "Tilt Switch Closed"

I had this problem & Al Patterson came over, looked at the colour of wire at the tilt & then just pulled the same colour out of A1J5. Not a fix, I know, but it works. I'll take a deeper look into it once I get the sound working.

1 month later
#1298 7 years ago
Quoted from gregh:

I ordered the interconnect kit from docent. I can say very happily it's of great quality, and took me all of 10 mins to install with the little pin extractor tool they supply with it.

Good to know. I don't think I'll get the kit, I'll just spend some time terminating some wire. I was worried about getting the old pins out though.

4 months later
#1496 6 years ago

Unplug the reset board.

1 month later
#1578 6 years ago

Did you repin A1J1? That's what was causing resets on mine.

6 months later
#1946 6 years ago

Other than a couple lamps, the only thing not working on my Raven is the tilt. It keeps saying tilt on the display. A tech came over a couple years ago for the sound & he 'fixed' it by pulling the wire out of connector A1J5.
I want to fix it as I can get pretty abusive (I've had the leg bolts back out). I checked the tilt switches & what I can see of the wiring & they're okay. I'm not very good with schematics, but I'm thinking the tilts run into A1J5, through a chip or two & out to the tilt relay, which as far as I can figure out only shuts the GI off.
I'll have to check again, but it looks like it goes to Z11 & then U4. If correct, I'm going to check Z11 in diode mode & if there's nothing wrong, check U4. I don't have a logic probe, but I've read that you can check logic states with a DMM.
I'm new to diagnostics, so does seem like the correct path?
I've started a separate thread if you don't want to clutter this one up https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-the-tilt-on-a-gottlieb-80b

11 months later
#2847 5 years ago

I've got a flasher out on my Raven. I know it's cracked solder on the transistor for it, but I haven't fixed it yet. Could it be something like that?

7 months later
#3220 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I did check the relay and all tilt switches.
thx

Same thing on my Raven. I was stumped so I had a tech come over. He just pulled a wire from one of the connectors.
I checked & have continuity between the two parts of the plumb bob assembly. Since the wire's been pulled from the connector, there must be a short in the wiring.

2 months later
#3356 4 years ago

I have to replace the end piece that holds the fluorescent light in the back box. What's the purpose of the grounding strap that runs from one end of the light to the other? It's not grounding the light. Is it just a convenient spot to run ground mods to?

1 month later
#3456 4 years ago

Does anybody know what size the connector pins on the power supply are? I need to get those replaced & am getting an order together.
Actually, does anybody what I should order for the pins themselves? G-P-E has a selection & I don't have a clue.

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

I believe its 08-52-0072 for 18 - 20g wire and 08-50-0134 for 22 - 26g wire.

Thanks, but it's the pins on A2J1 & J2 that I need. A2J1 feels 'gritty' when I push the connector on.
Great Plains has PN 26-20-2061 that I think is correct, but it's out of stock.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=26-20-2061

A2J1 (resized).pngA2J1 (resized).png
9 months later
#4254 3 years ago

Funny how we jones for wiring.

2 weeks later
#4320 3 years ago

terryb has a website, http://pinballrehab.com/, that has tutorials for measuring rectifiers, diodes, etc. I'm having problems with the site ATM though.

2 months later
#4493 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

So no one got any clues to the "Tilt Switch closed" thing? i done the ground mods and resoldered everything on the daughterboard and connect-tested it all, pin by pin, and everything had a solid line as it seemed. Could it be a chip even though i kinda checked them all for shorts? i have really no clue anymore what to check.

I got that error a while back & since I didn't know what I was doing, I called a tech & he yanked the wire from the connector at the board. I checked & there's continuity between the bob & the bracket, so I guess there's a short somewhere.

#4502 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

which wire was that?

It's pin 7 on A1J5.
The slam tilt's different, it's closed. My problem is a short in the tilt bob wire, giving continuity between the bob & bracket.

9 months later
#5067 2 years ago

I've been having problems with my Raven with locked on lights, pop-up targets not working sometimes, & it getting stuck in a loop of the "pew-pew" attract mode while playing.
I traced the wiring to A3J4 & repinned it, but it was still acting up. I checked the voltage at A1J1 & it was all over the place - 11v, 8.5, v, 2v...
I adjusted the voltage as best as I could & lowering it got everything in the game working, but now I have no sound. The buttons don't even beep anymore.
I guess I'll disconnect A2J2, check the voltage & go from there. Pinsider erak replaced the pot a few years back, but I guess it could go over time.

#5068 2 years ago

With A2J2 disconnected, I set the voltage to 5.05v, but still no sound.
I thought that it could be something simple, so I checked the speaker connections & wiggled the wires of the SB connector. Don't know what did it, but the sound's back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topher5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=topher5000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.