(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,525 posts
  • 648 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by pinostalgia
  • Topic is favorited by 322 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png
IMG_20240211_193049 (resized).jpg
IMG_5720(1) (resized).jpg
IMG_5721(1) (resized).jpg
IMG_5719 (resized).jpg
IMG_3287 (resized).jpeg
20240131_210835 (resized).jpg
20240131_210842 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240110_003042000.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240110_004644797 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampshroom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1149 7 years ago

Hello everyone
So glad to see that there is a club for us here. Thanks for making this thread.
I've been secretly in the club for a long time with my Night Moves. And again more recently with my Solar Ride.
As I'm sure you all know the re-pinning of these machines is an absolute must, and there are countless written how-to's on the subject. It took me a long while to read and reread all the documentation thats out there before i worked up the courage to do this myself. I wanted to let you all know of a recent video that I made and posted to YouTube regarding the re-pinning process. I hope this helps to clear up any questions one may have after reading how-to's on the subject. I found that there was a great lack of video documentation considering the popularity of the topic. Here is a link to the video...

I really hope you all like it and learn something from it.
Just trying to contribute to an awesome community that has unknowingly helped me countless times

3 months later
#1296 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I waited too long to order my edge housings from GPE and now a lot of what I need are out of stock. What options do I have now? Do a lot of people fight the old housings to remove the pins and reuse them?

I made a youtube vid on this subject a short while ago that im pretty proud of. Take a look, maybe it will help. Be sure to look at the video notes for some links to parts i used.

1 month later
#1347 6 years ago

My membership to the club may be lessening by 1. ill still be in the club with NM, and MGOW. please let me know if any of you are interested. please ask questions if you have any.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-solar-ride-2
if your curious about the repinning or lighted flipper button i took videos of the process

Thanks for looking

2 months later
#1462 6 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Really dumb question but I couldn't find the answer, do these games have a self-test switch like Bally-Midway? Do any Gottlieb SS games use a similar switch?

yeah. usually a small red button on the inside of coin door

3 months later
#1645 6 years ago

Hello Gottlieb fans
Recently I've been doing some videos for YouTube, and it just so happens that nearly all of them have been repair how-to's on my gottlieb machines. just wanting to help out where i can and hopefully give someone who may be new to the hobby an easier way to digest all the repair information that's out there. i hope you all like. please share with anyone that you think could benefit from these videos. please subscribe, say hello,leave some feedback, or make a suggestion.

P.S. - im currently editing my most recent video were i show how to rebuild system 80 Pop Bumper Driver Boards (PBDB) it should be posted sometime this weekend

Thanks
Brandon
TILT Tech pinball

#1651 6 years ago

Wanting to let you all know i posted my latest video on YouTube. Its a how-to rebuild Gottlieb System 80 Pop Bumper Driver Boards PBDB. i hope this helps anyone who is planing this rebuild. Please let me know what you think. subscribe if you like, post a comment or a suggestion and share if you know anyone who could benefit from this video.

Thanks
Brandon
Tilt Tech Pinball

5 months later
#1999 5 years ago

hello everyone. i could really use some help. i have a very neglected spring break that im trying to nurse back to health. when i first got it it had a lot of hacks and mods done to the transformer and rectifiers in the bottom cabinet. over the last few weeks i have been undoing and documenting all the hacks. after putting everything right (to the best of my knowledge/following scematics to the best of my ability) i felt comfortable powering it on. when i did i got GI lights to come on and some gibberish on the displays. i have been going back througe the bottom board and i found the rectifier that supplies voltage to the power board A2 to be bad. i ordered some new BRs and in the mean time i decided to move one of the others BRs to that position and resoulder the leads. i still dont get any bootup. this brings me to my question. i started testing all the voltages starting with the wall socket. tested at the line filter, at all the appropriate tabs on the transformer that were accessable from the topside. everything AC volts checks out. when testing anything DC volts coming off the BRs or at the large plug coming from the transformer i get a few hundered mVDC and then the longer i hold my leads on there it slowly goes down and down. im testing red lead on the the wire with the DC volts and my black lead on the ground strap or on the area were all the grounds are tied together on the side of the transformer. im sure im doing something wrong please let me know.

hack5 (resized).jpghack5 (resized).jpg
hack4 (resized).jpghack4 (resized).jpg
hack3 (resized).jpghack3 (resized).jpg
hack2 (resized).jpghack2 (resized).jpg
hack (resized).jpghack (resized).jpg

#2000 5 years ago

bump for the evening crowd.

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

When checking the DC output of a bridge, don't use earth ground (you have no way of knowing if earth is ultimately connected to logic or DC ground), connect Red lead to + of bridge and black lead to minus of bridge.

Sounds like good information. ill give it a try this afternoon and let you know how it goes.

3 weeks later
#2114 5 years ago

i started a thread for some assistance with regards to gottleib EPROM questions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-eprom-questions

thought i would bring it to sys 80 clubs attention because im sure most of my help will come from you all here

i have a few questions regarding gottlieb EPROMs, more specifically for a Spring Break. i have a spring break that needs lots of TLC. i have gotten it to the point that it will power up and sometimes play. i am quite certain it is a re-import. it currently has German roms in it and all the maintenance menus are in German, and not only that, when it does a rom check it indicates that PROM 1 is bad. i reached out to the pinside community a sort time ago asking for some help with burning ROMs with no responses.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eprom-help-from-a-fellow-colorado-pinsider#post-4352151

so i have taken it upon myself to purchase my own EPROM programmer. i have arriving tomorrow a GQ-4X. since ordering i have been doing a lot of research on how to burn roms and Ect. i know that whoever owns the rights to gottlieb has everything pretty locked down as far as rom code and manuals. my questions are these...

*does anyone have spring break roms images that they could pass on to me?
*do the rom images that are on virtual pinball sites work if burnt onto EPROMS
*i found the rom images on flipprojects and would be great to have freeplay enabled without a mod, but the rom image is only for EPROM 1 and this may work
because thats my bad one but my other EPROM would still be in German.
*did i just by a EPROM programmer that will do me very little good because ill never be able to find or purchase the images, and will eventually have to
purchase preprogrammed EPROM chips from whoever has the rights. making my new programmer purchase worthless?
*can the EPROM image files be purchased from whoever hold the rights so that i can download and burn and make use of my programmer

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Brandon

2 years later
#3657 3 years ago

Hello gottlieb guys and girls. I'm working on a Night Moves. Someone had completely removed the entire right flipper mecs from the underside of the playfield. I've ordered all the parts from PBR and was informed that the flipper return spring is discontinued. I was sent an A779 spring as a replacement. Can someone please confirm that I have this spring ran correctly.

20200520_084007 (resized).jpg20200520_084007 (resized).jpg20200520_084019 (resized).jpg20200520_084019 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampshroom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=swampshroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.