(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,542 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png
IMG_20240211_193049 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider myork82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

I kinda like the Systems 80's just for the challenge of getting them running! I tinker more than I play though and I like electrical challenges! I hope to add Black Hole to my current list soon. Gold Wings was a hoot to work on! When I got it you had to hit the left initial button to kick a ball out to the shooter lane. Well somebody had took lamp cord and bypassed the auxiliary transistor under the playfield because it was bad. They added another switch contact to the left initial button and hooked one leg of the lamp cord to the coil and the other to ground. Multiball anytime you wanted it! Fixing the daughterboard was a experience also!

3 months later
#405 10 years ago

I'm currently shopping an Amazing Spider-man and boy has it been an adventure! I get the game and it is DOA! First thing the MPU has acid damage, I can wiggle the entire pin header for the 5v and gnd connection at the power supply, and the original orange cap.

List of repairs so far:
1. Replaced the orange cap.
2. Reflowed all the connections on the power supply.
3. Replaced the MPU with a Rottendog at owners request.

Once I did all of that I fired the game up and it booted, but the displays were flaky. (Connector issues)
4. Repinned every connection at the MPU and power supply.
5. Rebuilt the driver board harness with a docent kit

Fired the game up with the solenoid fuse out and the displays are now working great and all switches are working. I turned it off and reinstalled the solenoid fuse. Turned the game on and the pops lock on. I unplugged them for now to test further and find the 1 amp fuse in the pic blown. I replaced it and it blew again when I started a game. Looks like i'll be investigating those coils and the pop bumper boards today. What sucks is after I get it working I get to tear it back down to clean it up. Long live Sys80!

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
3 weeks later
#436 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Alright...need some system 80b Genesis help! Game at power up would light up some inserts and lock on the motor and no DMD.
What I have done so far:
Verified ps stays good at 5v
Reflowed PS
Ground mods to cpu, ps, sound, and cabinet
Added additional pins to interconnect harness
Still same results
Had a friend bring over a working 80b CPU and she fired right up but with no sound. Was able to test my interconnect harness and roms and all seemed good. I have a replacement 80b cpu shipping to me but still would like to figure out the issue with the current one and still need to figure out the sound! Any ideas??

On the Gold Wings I had the sound would quit working from time to time. It was the connector that supplies 5 volts at the power supply to the soundboard. You could tell the connector had heat damage at that pin and the pin clearly didn't have any spring tension compared to the others.

Your non booting issue sounds like a carbon copy of the one I had with broken solder joints on the cpu daughterboard. Power the game on and tap the daughterboard and see if the game boots. I know that sounds random but mine would boot sometimes if I tapped the daughterboard. I desoldered the daughterboard, reflowed solder, and it worked perfect afterwards.

6 months later
#628 9 years ago

Got a question on a Sys 1 Ni-wumpf board maybe one of you guys could answer for me. This is for the new board not the legacy.
Is the ni-wumpf board supposed to do the 5 sec delay on power up? Is no 5 sec delay an indication of a slam tilted game? Does the ni-wumpf board show the high scores and run the attract mode in the lamp matrix even though the game is slammed?

I know on a stock board no delay is for sure a slammed game, but a stock board won't flash the high scores either when slammed.

#630 9 years ago

I talked to ni-wumpf and apparently the new system 1 board ignores slam tilt unless there is a game in play and has no 5 sec delay. Had me totally confused on troubleshooting because of that. I thought no 5 sec delay on a Gottlieb means a slam tilted game always, but it doesn't. I found a short to the coin door in the switch matrix which seems to have fried Z14 on the ni-wumpf board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider myork82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=myork82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.