(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,539 posts
  • 650 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 322 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png
IMG_20240211_193049 (resized).jpg
IMG_5720(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leveeger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1624 6 years ago

Hi,

I suppose I'm part of the club as I have in stock: Black Hole (export), Haunted House, Mars God of War, Devil's Dare, Amazing Spiderman. I'm a fan of the 80's Gottlieb, as I played a lot when they where on location, in France, on the earlt eighties...

On our side, Frenchies make also pin conventions. Latest was this week-end, organized in memory of Steve Charland:

15 full functionning Spirits...
Stern StarWars pro & LE, Alien LE and Dialed In LE... and 150 other pins (all brands including GTB).

Alignementspiritbgs2 (resized).jpgAlignementspiritbgs2 (resized).jpg

Alignement spirits bgs (resized).jpgAlignement spirits bgs (resized).jpg

#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Wow! 15 Spirits? Did you hold a Spirit tournament?

No, not really, just played on them all the week-end long with friends.

The line up idea was from Jean-rené Karr, the well know French owner of the Krull. Thanks to him. The event was a success.

1 month later
#1702 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The Q and T relays on the playfield might be necessary--I'm not sure if a board would fully boot without them.

Well til the Slam is not blocking, there is no reason for the system not to start...
Indeed, Q relay power on the playfield coils and the tilt the Q relay and the pf illumination...
If you set a MPU on bench and power it on, it's booting...

1 year later
#3149 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Looking for the boards (driver; power, aux power) for a sys80b (arena).
Any idea where to buy some?
Anyone would have some second hand but working ones?

Hi, There are some MPU and sound cards for SYS80B for sell on "Leboncoin" site in France, close to you. You should have a look. Italia also with it's "Subito.it" may sometimes has something.

3 weeks later
#3167 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is it possible to install a stronger flipper coil in a system 80b? I have a Monte Carlo and the right flipper is weak even after a flipper rebuild. The left orbit/under ramp to upper saucer is nearly impossible to hit, even with the playfield set at 5 degrees. The coils in it are A-24161. Just looking for a little more power.

Hi,

Don't forgot the power does not lean only the coil strengh... Did you mind to clean your EOS and cabinet button contacts? They are tungsten... Your can file them and set the right space in between (2 mm)... Changing the coil (I don't say not to do it...) is the heavy artillery... And on Monte Carlo, I don't think it necessary.

4 months later
#3415 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Posted to the Black Hole Members Club, but figured I'd ask the larger Sys80 club....
Just joined the club, picked up a black hole yesterday....
Aside from a really intense shop job and a the typical ground mods, I do have 1 problem: although the machine I picked up has the spinning disk for the backglass with it, the entire motor assembly to make it spin is AWOL.
Sourcing a new motor, hub and hardware to rebuild the spinning disk motor assembly is easy enough. But the machine is also missing the simple one-piece motor mounting bracket that would allow me to attach the motor to the backbox lamp/board panel in the first place.
Anyone know if that bracket can be found anywhere, or does anyone happen to have a spare one they'd be willing to part with? Thanks for the help.[quoted image]

Why not making one from scratch? You just need a sheet of metal and a driller...

1 month later
#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from callmedoor:

Does anyone have an idea as to why the star rollovers on my Solar Ride will work sometimes and sometimes they either don't work/register or they take a game to start working?
This game is in pretty good shape, but it does have the original MPU with a battery pack so I am curious as to what might be causing this? For the record, it's not just one that won't register it is all of them. So when one doesn't work, the rest aren't working either.
Any help is appreciated. I reseated and checked the edge connectors around the whole MPU. I will also note that the MPU ground mod has not been done (yet, I am working on my soldering skills before attempting it).

Make a switch test through the coin door buttons and check if they are functionning. 1st: cleaning and gap setting... to reajust

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wind Point, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Caro, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leveeger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=leveeger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.