(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,542 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png
IMG_20240211_193049 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4997 2 years ago

Hey Folks I have a Night Moves and everything seems to work but the game won't kickout a ball to start the game. I think the issus is in the opto board area by the ball trough. I have no light on the opto board and I checked the voltage and i'm getting 3v AC not 5V DC that I think this should be getting. I have replaced the opto's and the opto board with no change not sure where the voltage comes from and if that is what is causing the game to not start and enable the flippers etc.. I did the ground mods and im running a new swemmer mpu board. If remember at one point I did have a light on the original setup but it still wouldnt kick a ball when started a game. All the coils are working in coil test.
Thanks for any help here...
Joe

#5001 2 years ago

I will check the connecters anyone know which connector drives the opto board?
Thanks,
Joe

#5004 2 years ago

Robotworkshop I have a new opto board and opto's but my 5v is low coming in do you where the opto board gets its power from is it a connector on the driver board?
Thanks,
Joe

2 weeks later
#5038 2 years ago

Anyone have an extra A3J3 edge connecter its the 50pin black one that connects to the driver board. The one on my night move was broke when the previous owner tried to repin it with the wrong pins. PM I am willing to purchase and pay shipping.
Thanks,
Joe

#5042 2 years ago

Robotworkshop I'm still working on this Night Moves and still don't have the correct voltage at the connector for the opto board. I checked the schematics and I don't think the 5v goes directly from the power supply to the AJ1 connector it looks like the power goes to the MPU then may go from there but I can't seem to find which connecter from the playfield that goes to the connecter on the opto board. Not sure if you would know that. MPU, Driver Board, Power Supply and opto board and Optos are all new I think the issues is either on the playfield or in whatever connector goes from the playfield to whatever board is supplying the 5v. My A3J3 connecter is messed up and needs repinned waiting for a fellow pinsider to send me a replacement connecter to take care of that not sure if that Opto board 5v wire goes through that A3J3 connecter or not I don't think it does from what I can tell.

#5044 2 years ago

Robotworkshop did some more work on this thing not much status change other than during the solenoid test the pop bumpers do not work but the slings do work. it looks like all these items share the same 5v but still didnt find the actual souce connector my guess is it goes up through another connector and powers the opto board and then runs down through the playfield to the pop bumper boards. I'm getting the same low voltage on the pop bumper board connectors too about 1.4v

#5045 2 years ago

Robotworkshop OK I think I found the issue I have 5v to the display at A4P2 on the display but I think the 5v is supposed to go back out on A4J1 on the display and I don't have 5v there. Can someone verify if this is the case and what may be on the display causing the problem is this is in fact the issue. The display is working fine.
Thanks,
Joe

#5047 2 years ago

no I don't have power to the pop bumper boards either, I'm pretty sure they are on the same power wire as the opto's. I went ahead this morning and repinned the power supply A2 but still no change and I have 5v at each pin on the power supply.

#5050 2 years ago

It seems all the wire colors I have found that should have 5v are Blue/Gray stripe. The reason I thought the display was in play because it has a Blue/Gray with 5v going in but the other Blue/Gray on the other connector on the display doesnt have 5v its low like the the opto blue/gray and the pop bumper blue/gray wires.

#5061 2 years ago

Robotworkshop Well I found the issue it ended up being connector A1J6 on the MPU repinned that connector and all is good! Thanks for all the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=cyroute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.