(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider antennaejim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1486 6 years ago

I'm looking for a little direction here if anyone is available to help please chime in I have a post with an issue on a system 80b display. Thank you in advance!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gold-wings-display-issues-need-help-please

1 week later
#1492 6 years ago
Quoted from Kickback2012:

Does anyone know the factory dipswitch settings for goldwings ? This would be very helpful thank you

IMG_3942 (resized).PNGIMG_3942 (resized).PNG

3 weeks later
#1522 6 years ago

Does anyone have a used spare coin entry and return? For a lights camera action any system 80b should work.

IMG_4033 (resized).JPGIMG_4033 (resized).JPG

IMG_4035 (resized).JPGIMG_4035 (resized).JPG

#1550 6 years ago

Anybody see or know where I can buy coin door reject button, return and housing to close up the holes on a system 80b? Some help please.

IMG_4033 (resized).JPGIMG_4033 (resized).JPG

#1552 6 years ago
3 weeks later
#1567 6 years ago

Hey guys I have a quick question about a reset on a system 80b! I have replaced the daughterboard with the pinitech board, replaced all electrolytic caps in the machine, all new bridge rectifiers, new power supply trim pot on the 5v section, all grounding mods performed. I have unplugged the reset board in hopes it would not reset but it still does about halfway into a game. Any ideas where to look next? The only thing I didn't do was all new connectors. This only happens when the pin has been warmed up and on for a bit. Damn gold wings

#1569 6 years ago

I have done the pink eraser on all of the boards. I have also reflowed everything that looked suspect on the boards when I attached the ground tails to the boards during the ground mods and cap replacements. Could it be vr1 on the CPU?

#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Check 5 volts when cold, then again when it starts to fail. See if it's dropping.

It's been doing this for a while what do you propose by checking cold and hot I just replaced the 5v pot this was an issue befor replacing the pot as well.

#1573 6 years ago

Ok I played a game with a meter on the 5v at the CPU starts at 4.96 and goes down to 4.87 when there is a lot of action on the playfield. If I touch the connector at the 5 volt side of the power supply with slight pressure or relief the voltage goes up to 5.17 or down to 4.27 seems like quite a bit of fluctuation. This doesn't seem correct to me. R1 and R2 are correct values as well on the power supply. The voltage has the potential to Easley drop too low with the fluctuation here. I'm pretty sure that's why it's resetting now to find the culprit!

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The header pins probably have cracked solder joints. Address that, then see what happens.
Also, you should adjust the 5v to about 5.03v while in attract mode.

The header pins have been reflowed already. Issue continues I don't like the fluctuation potential here.

#1577 6 years ago

I reflowed the board and yes both connectors have been repinned

#1584 6 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Did you repin A1J1? That's what was causing resets on mine.

Yes

#1585 6 years ago

5v is being measured at the 5v power supply pins as well as the mpu pins. I may retire this tired old board and grab a gulf board upgraded without the pesky heat sinc or trim pot issues. I think my traces are bubbling on the back of the board. I use multimeters every day in my line of work so my voltage reading skills are fine I'm good with the common practices. I use fluke meters ect....

#1596 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

As was suggested, photos of the underside (solder) of the connector, top side male pins (connector unplugged), and the crimp pins above of the connector in question might shed some light on what's going on.

Crimped pins were replaced 2 days ago and are correct new contacts. The underside of the male pin is not rocket science (no offense intended) I have already reflowed and added new solder where needed under the board with dmm continuity at all points 5v. All traces make contact. The capacitor and transistor are the only parts that have not been rebuilt on the supply board

3 months later
#1732 6 years ago

Anyone know what jumpers I need to cut and add to make a 2732 chip work in place of a 2716 prom 2 in a system 80b Arena?

1 month later
#1867 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

what is a fair price for a spring break in good shape, working but needs to be shopped, boards in good shape no damage. location east coast

One went for $600 shopped at the York show in September here in PA.

5 months later
#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

That switch database is pure gold! Now I know what to look for, thanks!
Looks like the original battery was replaced in 2000. What’s the easiest way to get battery saves back into the machine?
[quoted image]

Nvram is the best replacement and worth every penny $15 for a chip that lasts forever

3 weeks later
#2375 5 years ago

Picked up a new project tonight that has been on my holy grail list for years! I have a hard time finding these for sale..

7F28C272-014D-426C-A93A-1FB4663CB4C7 (resized).jpeg7F28C272-014D-426C-A93A-1FB4663CB4C7 (resized).jpeg

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Vitrigraph playfield?

No I wish it were!

3 months later
#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

Restored a Tx Sector to brand new condition but it won’t start a game. All switches , lamps and solenoids are good when I run diagnostics. Every single connector was repinned. Boards were sent to the Coin op Cauldron. Grounding mods done. Three balls are loaded.
Attract music and light show plays but when I hit start - nada. Just a whooshing sound from the speakers.
Any ideas on a solution would be greatly
appreciated!

Check the ball trough that all switches there are closed indicating 3 balls in the trough register. Then make sure you have coin credits to start a ball. Just because the balls are in there doesn’t mean they are closing the switches properly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider antennaejim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=antennaejim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.