(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tokkentakker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1709 6 years ago

Restoring my Genesis. Just got my nos playfield back from Chris at HEP and it looks amazing! Can't wait to get this one completed.

20171126_114428 (resized).jpg20171126_114428 (resized).jpg

20171126_114158 (resized).jpg20171126_114158 (resized).jpg

2 years later
#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Working on some new ramps for 80B fans! Diamond Lady on the left will be available in clear, red and smoked. On the right is the first of the three ramps in Victory. Same color options as Diamond Lady.[quoted image]

Wow!! I'll take a ramp for Diamond Lady for sure! Absolutely love that pin. Now if only I could find some nos plastics so I can replace the yellowed ones on mine.

2 years later
#5362 1 year ago

Excited about this one. It's one of my favorite 80b's.

20220529_170339 (resized).jpg20220529_170339 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5385 1 year ago

I would be be interested in purchasing every connector that you have shown for system 80 through 80b. I try to get rid of every IDC style connector in these pins.

1 month later
#5456 1 year ago

Looking to buy an NOS playfield for a Gottlieb Rack Em Up. Please PM me with anything you might have. Also may be interested in other NOS playfields for 80a titles. Thanks.

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking to buy an NOS playfield for a Gottlieb Rack Em Up. Please message me with anything you might have. Also may be interested in NOS playfields for other system 80a titles. Tha...”
2022-11-28
Greenville, NC
Wanted
Archived after: 112 days
Viewed: 248 times

8 months later
#6009 1 year ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Received my new Alien Star Backglass from coos today! It looks wonderful! very good quality as I expected from him. I took a couple pictures, the white flecks are packing material, there are no blemishes, FYI.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic! Where can I get one and how long did it take to receive it? I need one desperately.

1 week later
#6038 1 year ago

I just spent the last 8 hours trying to figure out an ongoing issue with my Bad Girls.....I'm absolutely going to lose it soon. Really hoping someone here can help me. It's an intermittent issue. Sometimes after locking a ball, the vuk will shoot the ball onto the playfield...usually a second or 2 before I get a chance to plunge the second ball onto the playfield (start multiball). The vuk coil is suppose to be triggered only after the 1st playfield switch is activated by the 2nd ball. I've run a switch matrix test and no switch is closed. I've adjusted and replaced switch 45 that detects the ball in the vuk. I've adjusted relay A that when not activated allows voltage to reach vuk...when activated sends same voltage to only flashers. It looks like timing is very close from relay A activaton/release and vuk kicking. There is one clue...every time if the vuk is going to kick out the ball early the pin makes the same sound as the vuk ball detect switch being closed just before launching the ball. In trouble shooting I did switch out the MPU and the driver board with known good boards. I did have to reuse the game proms though. Board swap did not resolve the issue. I'm just about at the point of selling this pin even though I love the gameplay. I'd be extremely grateful for any help on this one.

#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from frisbez:

I'm not familiar with the physical setup of Bad Girls but two thoughts.
Could the ball be rattling in the vuk hole and triggering the switch and then moving off it and back on? It could be that your switch is actually adjusted too sensitive and is triggering and then re-opening before the ball settles.
This era of Gottlieb also greatly benefits from having connectors repinned and the MPU card edges cleaned. Have you done this?

Thanks for the input. I did think of the vuk switch possibly registering twice do to ball bounce...I have adjusted the leaf switch every possible way I could, sensitive and non-sensitive. I then replaced the switch, then went back to original. I had forgot to mention that I had repinned all of the strobe and return connectors as well as the double sided connector interconnect (with the correct obsolete pins). I had also cleaned all of the board edges with a fiberglass pen. Ground mods in lower cab were also done. This one has me stumped.

#6045 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Couple options. Have you tried any alternate MPU boards like the LISY80? May be worth trying that or one of the reproduction replacements to see if there is any difference. Another may be to try one of my diode clamping boards for the switch matrix. Not sure if it would help in this instance but it has helped quite a few other games where switch matrix chips would fail without reason.
It would be worth looking under the playfield again to see if any switches are gapped too close, pinched wires, lamp sockets touching things they shouldn’t, etc.

I had visually checked all the playfield switches for any narrow gaps. I hadn't thought about lamp sockets or other things touching. I will look closely. Thanks.

#6046 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Couple options. Have you tried any alternate MPU boards like the LISY80? May be worth trying that or one of the reproduction replacements to see if there is any difference. Another may be to try one of my diode clamping boards for the switch matrix. Not sure if it would help in this instance but it has helped quite a few other games where switch matrix chips would fail without reason.
It would be worth looking under the playfield again to see if any switches are gapped too close, pinched wires, lamp sockets touching things they shouldn’t, etc.

I might try a Swemmer board I have but I would have to jumper it differently. Where can I learn more about your product?

#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I would also suspect a possible intermittent diode or short on the switch matrix. Check to see if multiple switches activate when the ball kicks out and activates the shooter lane switch. Also, dooe the game add score before you launch the 2nd ball and before the locked ball activates a switch? This may help narrow down the exact switch being activated if that is the issue.

How could I check to see if other switches close upon early ball eject? Can I be in switch test and activate vuk? Great idea on checking score increase. I will try it.

#6048 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Good thought. Tap around the playfield to see if a switch is adjusted to closely. The through kickout may be shaking the machine and activating a switch.

I had tried tapping around the playfield but hadn't thought of the trough eject causing vibration. Thanks.

#6052 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s not what you’re trying to do. You want to see if another switch on the playfield registers when it shouldn’t. That is what is causing the early ball eject. The ball shouldn’t eject until another switch is made. My guess is another switch is registering when it shouldn’t.
Don’t tap the playfield. Pound on it with your fist. Shake the game vigorously. See if you can get a switch to show up in test. Raise the playfield and shake it in your hand.

I gave the playfield a good pounding and I did get a few switches to close. I checked each of them and all seemed to be adjusted with a pretty significant gap and all switch components are cleared of each other.

#6054 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I would also suspect a possible intermittent diode or short on the switch matrix. Check to see if multiple switches activate when the ball kicks out and activates the shooter lane switch. Also, dooe the game add score before you launch the 2nd ball and before the locked ball activates a switch? This may help narrow down the exact switch being activated if that is the issue.

I see now that the score is increasing each time the locked ball is being ejected early but the score increases by a different amount most every time? Seems to be significant scores of 15k up to 50k??

1 week later
#6087 1 year ago

I'm making some progress on my Bad Girls multiball issue but still stumped. Thanks to all for the advice. I went ahead and did all ground mods in the head (had just been done in lower cab). I also repinned the mpu/driver interconnect harness. Issue still remained. I then systematically disconnected switch strobe wires and return wires from the mpu while trying to duplicate the early multiball ejection issue. The results showed me that the switch return signal that is triggering the early lockout is absolutely coming from switch 45...the switch that is closed when the ball is staged for multiball in the upper left vuk? I have rulled out the ball bouncing on the vuk switch as I have simulated that manually by jumping that stobe and return on and off for a few seconds. After at least 4 seconds is where I could control the ejection with my testing harness...if Ieave that switch return disconnected at mpu the ball will never eject from vuk. If I keep the return connected the whole time the ball may or may not eject early (the issue itself). If I leave it disconnected for several seconds then connected it the ball will eject instantly as mpu must be reading this as a new switch closure. It would seen that sometimes the mpu is reading the ball in the vuk as a new switch closure and sometimes it is understanding the the ball there is an earlier switch closure? I already swapped MPUs with no effect but I did have to swap game roms. Could the roms be causing this issue? I do have new roms comming in a few days. Any help greatly appreciated!!

20230409_131220 (resized).jpg20230409_131220 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tokkentakker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=Tokkentakker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.