(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 10 years ago

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand......I'm in!

I own this IH that Jim restored he was talking about...love it! It plays beautifully and is just a kick butt pin all around. With the brand new MPU which adds a skill shot and high scores...makes it one mean machine!!

I haven't played many system 80's but played an asteroid Annie beater and enjoyed it a lot...would be a cool one to own someday.

ME HULK....ME THINK PINBALL COOL.
image-92.jpgimage-92.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 years later
#1075 7 years ago

I'm still in the club but switched games.....out went HULK and in came ROBOWAR. I've been tinkering with things and my main issue seems to be that damn ramp.....I am only making it 20% of the time I hit it. The other 80% of the time it comes screaming back down towards my flippers. The pitch is at 6 degrees and I just took apart and cleaned each flipper mech and replaced the sleeves (they were indeed dirty) but I'm still not getting it up that ramp to get multiball started. I've checked out the manual and there are two solenoids for the flippers....a regular one (part number a-17875) and a super flipper (part number a-20095). The super flipper solenoids are installed on my flippers......is this the correct and better coil that should be on my machine?? Or was this ramp built to be a tough bastard to make most games

Oh and the PF has been cleaned and waxed up for faster ball play and shorter ball times

#1077 7 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Adjust the EOS of the flippers so that it opens at the very end of the flipper stroke to get full power out of the flippers before the hold power takes over. I have the game and my EOS was badly misadjusted and could never make the ramp. Now it is almost too easy.

Is there a picture of this to help me better understand this set up? And you mean the EOS on the flippers.....not the flipper buttons correct??

Here's how it looks right now......

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

move your flipper, by hand, to the raised position. Watch the switch stack. The last set of switch contacts are your EOS contacts. Adjust that contact so that it opens or closes, forget which way gottliebs are, right before the flippers hit the coil stop. That will give you maximum power out of your flipper. Once that contact opens/closes the hold voltage takes over. If the EOS contacts come on too early it will kill power to your flippers before full stroke. Just make sure the switch is made before the coil stop, but not too soon. Takes a few tries to get it right.

Hmmmm that didn't seem to change the flipper power. I adjusted it so just as the coil hits the stop.....that switch opens up. I had to figure out that the right flipper has an extra switch contact to change the ROBO inserts up top so it's the switch just underneath it for the flipper to move.

#1085 7 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Does the flippers move freely? No binding? Also check the coil stops, make sure they are not mushroomed.

None of that at all....I thoroughly cleaned it and the entire flipper yesterday bc it was gunked up a bit. The stop was fine. I've seen this help perfectly with flipper issues but that shot, for me, is not easy. It's doable but most times it sits up at the top where the ramp flattens out just before hitting the wire form and comes back at me. The movement is silky smooth of each assembly.

Can this game be set to free play?? I can't find the setting anywhere in the manual.

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i have 3 gottliebs and it seems that the flipper coils were a bit weak when i jacked the machines up to increase the pitch/difficulty. I ended up replacing the coils with stronger ones and got the recommendation from pinball resource. All three machine have 1x2's under the back legs though

I'm assuming you put in a free play button?? And what coils did you use/get recommended for your 3 Gottliebs??

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

no I tucked a flipper switch I had laying around under the start switch and wired it to one of the coin switches so when you push the start button it fires up the game and credits another one. Coils I used were 24161. I did this after I knew everything was working right and rebuilt all the mechanical assemblies (black hole was fun). I am not suggesting this is a fix for an actual problem.

Ok thanks for the suggestion. That shot is tough but not impossible.....so I'm gonna leave it be for now. It does make the game more difficult which I like. Spelling out the ROBOWAR inserts using the drops and top inlanes is not an easy task so I'm enjoying this pin 100%! Good idea on the flipper switch modded to start a game

Jim.....as I was leaving Pinfest BigD was helping me load my ROBOWAR into my jeep and he said it might have been a power issue and I remember it being plugged into a strip with 6 others games. He was spot on. Since I've been home that drop target not resetting fully has been working 100%. So that was that. Nice cleared PF....digging the artwork on that one!! Take care of HULK....it likes to be fed green LEDs to keep it happy

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

No freeplay on the 80B's, but check your coin door. Is there an extra set of wires like this? Those are the wires for the "Center Coin Chute". Easy enough to connect them to a switch or button for credit loading .
Or, check out these: http://www.flipprojets.fr/Proms80B_EN.php
A rom version which under one particular credit/coin DIP switch setting, the credits are automatically reset to maximum whenever the credit count reaches "0" and the Start button is pressed.

I actually have a "3 coin shute" coin door (But only one REAL coin eject button). Can I pull one of the connectors and attach them to the start button switch to start a game?? And since there are two connectors....which one goes on which connector? Or can I trial and error it without something electronically going kerplunk.

The ROM is def another idea thanks!

1 year later
#1509 6 years ago

This thread seems to be more active than the Robowar I posted this on....anybody buy and install the ANYpin NVRAM on there Robowar? I don't know where it goes in the board....also would it be the 5101 set up for it??

9 months later
#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Yes it would. Mine is a Genesis as well.

How about a Robowar?

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

How about a Robowar?

Can I get a link to the freeplay ROBOWAR ROM please?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=Pinballerchef and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.