(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,542 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png
IMG_20240211_193049 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gerry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have been In this hobby for about 5 yrs now i think, LOL.. Without doing the math.

I have had A listers, B listers, and C listers, of all manufacturer's and i have to say, Gottliebs are what i love the most of all the pins i have ever owned...

I would like to take some picks but i just got 3 new titles in and my house looks like a disater area, but i will post some soon. promise

This thread is for all of us to enjoy these titles together, kinda like the show us your EM thread, i'm kinda jealous of those guys LOL...

Just got a Force II, BH, and a Star race, so i am quite busy getting these running up to my standards, but its fun.

lets hear from the rest of you guys...

#2 10 years ago

I'm kinda glad you guys don't collect these, more for me LOL

I must be the only one

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Gerry, I noticed you had Haunted House in your collection at one time.
As a Gottlieb fanatic... what caused you to unload it?

Well. I had that game when I was still going through my DMD fascination...

I traded a routed and slightly worn T2 for it even up. at the time I wanted 1500 for the T2 cause I buried so much money in it. had 1700 in it... and couldn't sell it. got the HH in trade and boy was it nice, nice...

Sold it at Allentown 3 yrs ago, for 1700, and put the money twords a ToM...

At the time I owned it, I thought it a bit slow, shallow, and boring, but that was before I knew all of the things I know now to make these games brutaly hard and fast..

Lesson learned.. I would like another, now that speech and multiball are now capable..

I WILL own another

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Diamond Lady here.

Good fun game, and on my list....

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

One of my favorite (if not favorite) era was the Gottliebs circa '81-'83.
Slowly building my collection.

Schusler, what do you have in stock now?

you have nothing on pinside for your collection for me to check out

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

I own a Joker Poker and a Torch and as much as I enjoy them, there's just something about the widebody System 80 games. I have Black Hole and MGOW which are fun, tough games, and just recently acquired a Devil's Dare which I have a feeling is going to be another keeper once shopped. If it's as good as these other Gottliebs, I'll be on the lookout for a Volcano soon too!

Hey Scott, Keep me up on the DD progress...

Cant wait to hear all about it...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I miss my Incredible Hulk the most really. First pin. First restore. Great gameplay. Fond memories. Someday when I have a big place and can have more than 3 games it's coming back.

Jim put on an addition

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Just an FYI, look for nine Spirit pinballs at the PAGG show in 2014.
Steve

Your killin me Steve ~!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Don't own my place here in CT Gerry. Plenty of room in the house we still own and rent out up in Maine. Its a tough choice. Stay here and make good money to afford this hobby but be limited in space or move back to Maine and have room but make shitty money.

Jim, gotcha now...

I am Soooo outta room right now its not funny, just let my LCA go to free up a spot, and some coin to put twords the 3 new Gott's I just picked up

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

Does Night Moves count? It's a System 80B and I like it a lot, especially with the playfield perspective you get with a cocktail table pin.

Yes it does sir

image.jpg 157 KB

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from woz:

.Jokerpatra.

LMAO

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

I currently have a Spiderman, Joker Poker, Sinbad, Hulk and Close Encounters. I had an Asteroid Annie and stupidly sold it when some bills needed paying. I now have pascal boards in all of them apart form the CE which has a Ni Wumpf in it. I get a kick out of bringing these old girls back to life.
I love the simplicity of the Sys 1 machines along with the brutality of game play. They look very simple but kick butt more often than not.

Just got my BH set up last night, and I haven't even dialed it in yet and it has been handing me my ASS !

Back before I got heavy into Gott's, I had played 4 or 5 examples of BH that were floaty, not dialed in and slow, boring at best.

Then I played one the way it was meant to be... WOW..

This one I have now is working 100 n ow that I have straightened out the sound issue, and I can see already I will have my hands full once properly shopped and tweaked...

As you said, brutal will be a good description.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Yes, they are interchangeable.
Steve

you beat me to it !

I didn't know marco offered glass..

I asked Steve at PBR and he didn't and couldn't get any...

Good to know

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Can I join with this hot mess I'm getting ready to tear into?
I'm sure to have plenty of questions soon!

Hell yes... !

6.jpg 101 KB

#51 10 years ago

Hey all,

So here I am telling you guys about my new to me 100% working BH... Ha !

played it quite a bit last night, and all was good, and as I do a lot I left the machine on all night long..

So before work I figured I would rip out a quick game or 2, I started a game, and it served the ball, but the pops didn't seem to be working along with the slings, the flippers worked and all but that was it...

the ball drained then NOTHIN!

so I turned it off, and fired it back up, it does its 5 second boot sequence, and the displays flash the last game score and the HSTD. but no attract mode is running nor any sound..

You can start a game and the diplay shows the 0, but no sound no reseting of the drops etc, and no ball served..

WT hell is going on here... I just got home and haven't started checking fuses or anything yet, but hoping somebody might steer me in the right direction...

Weird is not the word, in all of my SYS80's this one is a first for me...

TIA for any help here...

#52 10 years ago

Never mind got done eating, rang all the fuses F4 was puked.. she is good as new!

For some reason the horror stories of BH made me think the worst...

Guess I should know better

#55 10 years ago

Yep, doing a bit of De-cobbling, and shopping this the way it should have been done....

Its coming out pretty damn nice...

Star race BH, and Force II came from the dame guy..

He's not very good at cleaning or shopping, he can get a dead game mostly working though, I guess that's a start...

but he is a cobbler...

splices for coil changes with wire nuts etc... ughhh had the iron going for bout a week between the 3 games...

nothing dialed in at all, lots of switch adjusting etc...

But I'm getting closer

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Still like my early ss Gottlieb pins, both the artwork and the good old basic drop target game play.
Way to go Gerry. Good club for me to hang-out in.
Some great pinball machine collections you guys have put together. Cheers!
I've played a Mars GOW before at one of the Texas Pinball Festivals, or at the Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo, and I do like the game play on it. Pop bumper funfest on that pin w/ 4 well positioned pops in the upper playfield.

Yeah its a great game, as Steve says its a stingy bitch, and will teach you a lesson !

#57 10 years ago

P-I-G, your killin me here Asteriod Annie, really !

One that I need

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Gerry, my current collection consists of.Pink PantherSpiritTimelineI have a Rocky that I have for sale at 2500.

image.jpg 202 KB

If i only had the room !

and i guess more toy cash...

Fixing all this shitis killing me right now..

PBR is having a good winter month on me alone.. LOL

I would shoot my grandma to get your Spirit... LMK

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I just got my first Gottlieb and the best was that it was free! My dad owned this for years and recently gave it to me.

thegames.jpg 72 KB

I never played that one, but am looking forword to trying it out sometime..

And FREE is COOL !

#66 10 years ago

Today is Juice up the Star Race day, bigger coils, cleaning shopping, and switch tweaking...

And swap out power supply day for MGOW...

Got BH stuffed in the lineup, and its playing VERY nasty ! kinda pissing me off actually..

So after all of that, i will only have one down, gotta get a new power supply and MPU for Volcano, as i robbed the MPU to fix MGOW..

Pics to follow here shortly..

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Star Race will not need bigger coils if they're working. They are plenty strong enough on mine.

I find Star Race a bit of a floaty game, in stock form..

I have put some pitch to it, and i went throught eh assy's and it just wasnt enough...

I didnt do Blownfuse's upgrade but i did put 20095's on all 4 flippers, adjust the pop switchs, and dial in the slings..

Now it plays very snappy, especialy for the EXTRA wide body that it is..

It has actually become kinda fast and furious...

Most of the widebodys, came with 20095's in them, this one had A-17875's..they just werent enough..

#76 10 years ago

Counterforce is a GREAT game !

super simple objectives that are challenging as all hell...

its quite fast properlu set up, and is one of the most rewarding games to do well with..

and CF hones your ball handling skill as well...

Great head to haed game too... my buddy and i play it over and over getting more irritated as we go.. LOL

#77 10 years ago

Its the game that fights you back !

#81 10 years ago

CF's outlanes can be vicious ball gobblers too...

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Isn't there something like that on the flyer? If not, there should have been.
Steve

There is ! i am a plagerist LOL

#84 10 years ago

Star Race is getting better

#85 10 years ago

time to try the POWER BALL in Star Race tonight.

#87 10 years ago

Agreed, you can brick alot of shots on this one, but if your on it gets flowing...

My buddy had this game for a number of years, and siad that he NEVER completed Star Race on the vari targets...

And hes a good player too

1 week later
#98 10 years ago

sounds like it needs to be adopted !

dont take it to a kill center

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

I rescued a Counterforce from a local landfill. It was a clean out from an estate sale. Its actually in pretty good shape, the back glass has some flaking and I don't have a clue how to preserve or restore it. It plays pretty well, the blue displays are dim, but seem to get better the longer its turned on. I need to do some homework on these.

Tell us more about this story, were you there when the guy was getting ready to pitch it off the back of his truck?

its amazing that you were able tyo not that one slip through the cracks...

CF is a GREAT game.. i love mine

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

How'd I miss this thread? Love these game and fortunate to be in the club.
Currently have: Joker Poker, Spirit and TX-Sector (Sys. 3 Honourable Mention - Stargate )
Owned: Circus, Time Line, Q*Bert's Quest (Sys. 3 Honourable Mention - Cue Ball Wizard )
Want to play them all but I would especially like to try Counterforce, Robo-War and Volcano.
If all goes well, I'll be adding another System 80A Trudeau to the collection shortly.
Great thread, Gerry. Still really enjoying the JD you sold me, thanks!

Hey Kevin, good to see you made it here...

And glad you are diging the Dredd !

I really would like to have your Spirit...LOL

LMK if you ever decide to part with it....

I will meet you in buffalo...

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

How'd I miss this thread? Love these game and fortunate to be in the club.
Currently have: Joker Poker, Spirit and TX-Sector (Sys. 3 Honourable Mention - Stargate )
Owned: Circus, Time Line, Q*Bert's Quest (Sys. 3 Honourable Mention - Cue Ball Wizard )
Want to play them all but I would especially like to try Counterforce, Robo-War and Volcano.
If all goes well, I'll be adding another System 80A Trudeau to the collection shortly.
Great thread, Gerry. Still really enjoying the JD you sold me, thanks!

And BTW, you can always make a road trip to Syracuse, and play the CF Robo-war, and Volcano i have

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Hey Gerry (and others),
Which pins in your collection get you the most worked up while playing them?
You know, get you nudging & shaking it a lot, get you cussing it and hollering in the house, but you like it enough to make you hit the start button again to play it some more.
Happy New Year to all you Gottlieb pinball addicts!
Cheers!

Devils Dare gets me super frustrated, setting everything up, ball save on, locks lit then DRAIN !

Just to start over from scratch...Phukque !

LOL...

BH, and MGOW are equally frustrating too..

Timeline is not so much a frustrating game. as it is a n enjoyable game, play for either tic tac toe, or play for bonus ...
lots to shoot for, and i love the mini PF, it never gets old...

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'm getting ready to do a bunch of work on a whole row of System 80s(Arena, Haunted House, Mars God of War, Jacks To Open, Super Orbit) and will be doing videos of the work..

Cant wait to check all those vids out when you get going on them...love your vids..

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is anyone interested in a James Bond? Local guy asking $850 and it looks pretty decent, but he is a known flipper scum.
contact me and I can check it out today or thursday possibly
also, is Bond any fun? I love the idea of timed ball >> it that where safecracker got it from? Bond looks pretty empty for game play?

I really, really, want a Bond, but shipping would probably kill that one for me...

Plus for that money, it would have to be pretty cherry...

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I was wondering where you went Gerry. I have an unshopped but "needs a lot of work" James Bond I will sell. As usual, shipping is the killer.
Steve

How rough is it ? and what does it need ?

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I'll have to dig it out from the garage, I haven't looked at it in 2 years. If I can get to it this weekend, I'll give you a call.
Steve

Cool

#154 10 years ago

pins1.jpgpins1.jpg

#155 10 years ago

pins2.jpgpins2.jpg

#156 10 years ago

pins3.jpgpins3.jpg

#157 10 years ago

pins4.jpgpins4.jpg

#158 10 years ago

pins5.jpgpins5.jpg

#159 10 years ago

pins6.jpgpins6.jpg

#160 10 years ago

pins7.jpgpins7.jpg

#161 10 years ago

pins8.jpgpins8.jpg

#162 10 years ago

pins9.jpgpins9.jpg

#165 10 years ago

Thanks Gents.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Poor, unhappy Volcano, no get love/attention.
Steve

yeah, he needs some boards...

I'm starting to miss playing it already

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

@Gerry...great lineup...you need to put a Volcano next to BH, HH, TimeLine, and MGOW. That was my thought...to put all of the games with active backglass controlled lamps next to eachother. I still plan to do it, but TimeLine got away.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Thanks Chris, the Counterforce is taller than the other 4 so i put it in the middle, have the 2 reciprocating Back boxes on either side of that, to set things off... thats the best i could do with what i have

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from LBJ:

That Volcano was mine, if I knew you were going to neglect it like that I wouldn't have sold it to ya!

I parted it out...hows that Focker !...LOL

my next purchase of boards will get her back up and running like a champ again...

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Big House really grew on me when I had one in for repair. Fun game.
CounterForce I love!
I'd love to spend some time with a Devil's Dare, but never have found one.
I had a Force II for a while and found it pretty dull.
Star Race...I see it has it's fans. Those sounds...
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

Devils Dare is surely one of my favorites for sure... If you can score one dont hesitate, its worth every penny..

I Found force II to be that way too at first, but after a whole pile of tweaking, stripping and buffing the PF, using my secret wax, fresh PBR white rubbers tentioned perfectly, throwing some pitch to it, and making the slings super sensitive, flipper rebuilds, and tweaking the EOS switches, its an ass kicker now.. it used to be too easy to roll over, but now it has very short ball times, and has become kinda brutal...

Big House is nothin but fun,simple ruleset, but challenging none the less...the music rocks and the game is just a trip to play...its a GREAT head to head game...

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Very nice collection of Gottliebs Gerry!
Can I join the club? I saved a 'sexy but dirty' Genie: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tonight-i-picked-up-a-sexy-but-dirty-genie
...and I highly recommend the Pascal PI-1x4 board. It's one board that replaces the MPU, Driver and power boards, plus it also adds a ton of new features. http://www.flippp.fr/pi1x4.php

Your in dude ....

Genie is cool, especially tweaked, and with a powerball....

#182 10 years ago

I LOVE my Bad Girls, its the game my bud and i play the most of while in front of the 80B line up, followed by Robo-War...

We play them all a ton, but BG's gets alot of love.. theres alot going on in that game, and its all fun..

I dont think there's a NON-satisfying shot in the whole game...

#183 10 years ago

Bad Girls will be getting some love today, as will all my 80B's

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlizard:

Aren't raven owners welcome? I don't see it listed at the top of the page.

Of course you are, its an 80B, your in !

#190 10 years ago

I have never had an 80B lift yet, but my PF's were in pretty nice shape, not planked ETC...

some use Freeze spray, but i generaly use heat, and peel it up folded back against itself...and incorperating some goo-gone in the mix... i have had really good luck with little to NO artwork loss, reguardless of the manufacturer .

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

James Bond is amazingly fun, and the timed mode really levels out the games with multiple people playing, if you can find one grad it haven't seen many come up for sale.

I want one, if not Steves, when he digs it out an give me a call..

I will want yours focker

#194 10 years ago

An interesting note about Force II, i just read it was the first Gottlieb SS pin to offer multi ball..

Very cool piece of trivia there

#195 10 years ago

Great vid of Genesis...

this is how a dialed in Genesis really plays

#201 10 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

"Tell us more about this story, were you there when the guy was getting ready to pitch it off the back of his truck?
its amazing that you were able tyo not that one slip through the cracks...
CF is a GREAT game.. i love mine"
I wasn't there, but got a call from a buddy that knew I had started collecting pinball machines. He stopped them from flipping it off the back tailgate of a pickup truck and moved it to a covered shed. He said they had the manuals and a box of spare parts, but they somehow lost them by the time I got there. The game itself had two blown fuses and is dirty as heck. I replaced the fuses in the driveway and fired it up. I decided to try it outside, just in case it caught fire or something. I played a couple of games and ended up with a flock of neighborhood kids playing it. It appeared everything worked on it, drop targets and all. I actually went to bed and could still hear the kids playing it. To my surprise, it was still there the next morning. I moved it into the garage, pulled the backglass,(took it inside), covered it with a blanket, and promptly moved to a new job in Wichita, 405 miles away.. The thing is still in the garage in Foristell. I'll clip the battery out of it the next time I return home. I did look to see if it had the ground mod on it, it doesn't. It deserves a restore, but I don't know if it will be by me. At least I rescued it.
];

Thats awesome, keep it if ya can, they dont come up EVERY day, and if its in good shape its a worthy catch...

mine kicks my ass daily

I have yet to turn it over or even come close...

#205 10 years ago

If you think CF is wide, you should see Star Race, Genie, and Circus... those are extra wide !

#206 10 years ago

I just happen to have 2 MC's for sale !

Look at my Collection list, you cant miss with any of them !

If you have questions about any of them, fire away, and i will give you to low down !

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

There are 4 of them that wide, you forgot Roller Disco.
Steve

F- me your right, forgot about that.. what a douche i am LOL

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

Hey if you do this, please document your results I'm curious to see how it turns out.
Gerry do you have before/after pictures?

no i dont sorry...

#212 10 years ago

The top bar is a standard width SYS80B, the middle is a widebody SYS80, and the last is the width on the Extra wide SYS80's.. the XW is Star Race..

ldb 1.jpgldb 1.jpgldb 1.jpgldb 1.jpgldb2.jpgldb2.jpgldb2.jpgldb2.jpgldb2.jpgldb2.jpg

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Dear Gottlieb pinball gods,
I would like to join the sys80 club -- walk through the front door, and march straight down the isle.
I promise to love, cherish, clean, restore, and protect a beloved sys80.
thanks,
mof

If, Steve cant help ya find one, nobody can!

#220 10 years ago

Very cool lb..

#222 10 years ago

What is it, what is it, what is it !

#226 10 years ago

Devils Dare... the perfect first one

Edit after your PM, Duh, Ah, Black Hole... i shoulda got it the first time ..

was still in the morning fog

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Any MGOW or Haunted House owners? PM me. I need some close-up pictures of connectors.

Tell me what you need

#234 10 years ago

Holy F%$K Kev, if you wanted a project you got it...

Why in the hell did somebody F- that game up that bad...

Tell us the story !

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Not sure what the story was but I couldn't resist. Big Trudeau fan.
Yeah, it's a mess but I'm patient; one wire at a time. No rush. This was clearly a parts playfield that someone stole the harness from and then someone else optimistically started new wiring. My deal included with a Caveman playfield with harness but I'm not sure that will suffice.
I'm REALLY hoping to find a mostly complete 80A wiring harness, including the transformer board assembly.

My stomach is rolling just thinking about that project...

WOW !

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

First time sys80 owner, long time listener. Got one dead pop on this BH, other 5 pops seem ok. What's a good strategy to troubleshoot? Also -- what are some basic readings I can take on the solenoid?
With power off, I have .1-.2 resistance between switch lugs on a good pop switch
on the bad pop, I have a wide range from .2 through 17. it keeps moving around. Does this point to a bad coil?
on the coil lugs, power off, good coil is 3 ohms
on bad pop its bad, so I presume bad coil. I guess I have to watch out for this pop locking on... (sigh) which might point to a board issue...
thanks,
mof

Its the pop bumper board, if its not the fuse for that particular PBB

#244 10 years ago

and i have never rebuilt a PBB yet, i know it isnt that big of a deal, but i have lots of extras in stock.. so i have just swaped them out when needed...

unless its an obvious wiring issue, or bad fuse 99% of the time its the board..

#247 10 years ago

And do you have a manual ? you will need one owning that game

#248 10 years ago

I dont know what pop it is, but you cna swap a known working PBB into the non working slot, just leave the other one unpluged and see if the said non working pop then works..

then you will know for sure

#251 10 years ago

OMG ! the humanity !

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from biggestboss:

Hey guys. Power supply problems on my 80b victory. I replaced the trimpot and it worked flawlessly for a couple weeks. Suddenly only the gi turns on and the game won't boot. I checked the voltage coming out of the power supply and its only .5v. Anyone ever have a similar issue? As a caveat I don't really know what I'm doing and in fact am not even sure I checked the voltage right.

Steve

1 week later
#286 10 years ago

The " Heat" bouns is for the captive ball at the pop bumper...it adds up fast, and can be worth a ton,,,even be the deciding factor of who wins at the end of game...

Bad ASS!

bonus multipliers are built through drops, and rollovers...

#294 10 years ago

A set of needle nose pliers get right in there...

#300 10 years ago

A long set works nicely if you dont have taht socket on hand...

2 weeks later
#310 10 years ago

I wouldn't sell my RW for that, not a chance...

mine is in exceptional shape...

If these 80B games said B/W's on them they be in the 2's now...

And i think alot of them are WAY more fun than B/W's games

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from JAG63:

i just got a Gottlieb Monte Carlo, can i join the club?

shut up stupid ! LOL

#337 10 years ago

BH for bounty hunter or BH for Black hole, what we talkin about Willis?

1 week later
#353 10 years ago

Devils dare, Volcano, and Mars God of War, are badass pins, that will spank you like a redheaded step child if you let them...

they are all very worthy.

#368 10 years ago

Since you guys both have MC's you can give each other a few OTPHJ's LOL

#370 10 years ago

Yeah i did so what Phucker !

LOL

2 weeks later
#389 10 years ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Can anybody with a Genesis tell me where the only 2, 1 3/16 tall playfield post go. I took pictures before I did a tear down and the placement did not seem right. Thanks- Mark

Mine is wrapped up and buried ATM, or i would...

In your manual it should tell you...

the list of PF parts should give you the ness clues to figure it out...

2 weeks later
#409 10 years ago

polish, clean, resleeve the coil, and you should be good to go...

make sure things are tight and not binding when your done..

#413 10 years ago

your balls look shot... you need new ones my friend

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from JAG63:

those are 2 great pins i have played Gerrys and love them both

Thanks Focker, i love em too

1 week later
#432 10 years ago

I have external powered subs on every one of my SYS80 games it works great !

#445 10 years ago

its a good game, as is most every gottlieb

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I picked up on my first Gottlieb a while back, a sweet Robo-War!
Its in excellent shape,9\10 all the way around.
I love the game,it is a blast.
I'm new to the club

IMAG1701.jpg 219 KB

I love my Robo War, it is just Too much fun dude...I think i'm goin on 3 yrs with it and every game is just as good as the first one i played..

1 week later
2 weeks later
#465 9 years ago

Holy crap Kevin, that game had the shit played out of it... WOW !

2 weeks later
#487 9 years ago

Gottliebs rule !!!

All Gottlieb, All the time !

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Steve Young had a bunch of NOS playfields for Robowar and Excalibur. I was going to buy both for my games, although I don't need them. Drove up there yesterday to buy some parts for my Bone Busters and asked him where the playfields went. He said they just left. Some guy from Europe bought all the Robowar and Excalibur playfields. Really sucked as he was asking only $275 for the playfields.

You were in NY you prick, you shoulda came over LOL

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

As promised, a video of one of the lesser known (and lesser loved?) System 80's: Rack 'em Up!
Enjoy and please let me know what you think about it!
» YouTube video

Great vid i need me one of those

4 months later
#617 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here's a scan of the manual cover. The whole scene is pretty hilarious.

Host Shots picture.jpg 318 KB

Glad to see you guys are keeping things alive here in my absence, bravo !

and BTW Gottlieb, the kings and queens of sluts and whores on translights LOL

All Gottlieb all the time !

Carry on !

1 month later
#643 9 years ago

Keep this thread up boys !

7 months later
#728 8 years ago

Just send your stock board to Chris Hibler for a rebuild..

Congrats on the Spirit

#730 8 years ago

i actually like goldwings, but alien star is the more desired game of the 2..

GW's lots of tight neat shots...

AS some strategy, and a good player

1 year later
#1336 6 years ago

Hey all, been a while since I've been around but just wanted to say hi and congratulate you guys on owning some awesome and mostly overlooked and underrated games .. enjoy

IMG_1404 (resized).JPGIMG_1404 (resized).JPG

IMG_1401 (resized).JPGIMG_1401 (resized).JPG

IMG_1401 (resized).JPGIMG_1401 (resized).JPG

IMG_1399 (resized).JPGIMG_1399 (resized).JPG

IMG_1398 (resized).JPGIMG_1398 (resized).JPG

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

It's about time you showed up, I don't know when your coming to Allentown? But give me a call when you are there.

Will do... And don't forget to beat the kids for me.

#1344 6 years ago

I have a MC topper and can bring it to pinfest if anyone would like it...$250 LMK

#1346 6 years ago

I can ship it for him.

#1389 6 years ago

ball bobble happens on this game...

and thats that !

you need to have a perfectly time clean shot for it to be smooth...

as for the voice not sure, cant remember, but it is possible as the game says all sorts of cool things...

Miss my one of one whitewood >

#1399 6 years ago

For all of you going to Allentown this weekend I am bringing this stuff for sale. All Gottlieb all good stuff to have. Package deals welcome.

This stuff will be in the trailer. Not inside. Call if you wanna prebuy first come first serve on phone calls.
No PM's or email please gents. Phone only. Please
315-727-3651. Thanks

IMG_20170503_174255197 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_174255197 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_174305366 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_174305366 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_180751463 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_180751463 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_180803375 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_180803375 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184804644 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184804644 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184821238 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184821238 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184835434 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184835434 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184851084 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184851084 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184858671 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184858671 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184906996 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184906996 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184917961 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184917961 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184931450 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184931450 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184943417 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184943417 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_184953773 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_184953773 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185000067 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185000067 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185010143 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185010143 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185125100 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185125100 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185142674 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185142674 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185153963 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185153963 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185232975 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185232975 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185252398 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185252398 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185306745 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185306745 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185240910 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185240910 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185252398 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185252398 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185407707 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185407707 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185319732 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185319732 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185414019 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185414019 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185419244 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185419244 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185419244 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185419244 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185425278 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185425278 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185449144 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185449144 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185501922 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185501922 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185513732 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185513732 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185644453 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185644453 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185655546 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185655546 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185930698 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185930698 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185632821 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185632821 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185930698 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185930698 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185946387 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185946387 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_185954282 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_185954282 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190004731 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190004731 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190009000 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190009000 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190021654 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190021654 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190027669 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190027669 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190038874 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190038874 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190048437 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190048437 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190059490 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190059490 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190106743 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190106743 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190116381 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190116381 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190124134 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190124134 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190208181 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190208181 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190212994 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190212994 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190220664 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190220664 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190236866 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190236866 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_190631134 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_190631134 (resized).jpg

#1400 6 years ago

Operation Thunder Whitewood. I bought this like 4 years ago and it was supposed to be fully populated on top and fully wired on bottom plug and play I never have open the box till today somewhat disappointing and has damage on the left lower corner very repairable and very usable all the stuff on the bottom of the playful is there but it's cut as you can see in the pics I was going to do another white wood project like I did with TX actor but I'm probably never going to get to it if you're interested in this please give me a call I'm open to offers a paid quite a bit for it I know I'm going to take it in the can but I'd like to see somebody do something with it anyway get at me if I have no interest they probably won't bring it because it's a pain in the ass to break so anyway again please give me a call if you're interested

315 727 3651

IMG_20170503_150008267 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150008267 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_150017099 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150017099 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_150043349 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150043349 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_150054548 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150054548 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_150104832 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150104832 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_150142908 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150142908 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_150252305 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150252305 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_150243531 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150243531 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170503_150213168 (resized).jpgIMG_20170503_150213168 (resized).jpg

#1403 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Aw man, that cut harness is a real shame.
Interesting piece, though

if you were to use this you'd have to transfer your harness to this lot of soldering, but doable....

#1404 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Would love that Raven apron would even buy the whole pf but won't be near Allentown unfortunately

to bad i would have liked to sell it to you

#1416 6 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

I'm encountering an intermittent issue with my TX-Sector as of late.
The problem lies with the left single drop target near the ramp. What's happening... the target reacts normally in gameplay at the beginning, later on though... if dropped - it will *not* reset. The issue is sporadic.
I really haven't dived into it fully; I'm thinking connector issue here??? Am I on the right path? I should preface grounding was done on this. I've checked the mechanism itself and that's good as well.

probably a broken tab on the drop... check the bottoms of them...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brandenburg, KY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gerry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=Gerry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.