(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3525 4 years ago

I need to fix some wear on my Arena. I'm planning to try some waterslide decals. Does anyone happen to have a hi-res photo/scan of a nice Arena playfield? Thanks!

#3528 4 years ago

BorgDog I just finished my third Vpin build which is for sale in the marketplace. Your Cactus Jacks table is awesome, can’t wait to see/play Arena. My Arena plastics are mostly good, happy to help out with what you need for a virtual table. I have no idea how to scan but can take high res photos if you need them.

1 week later
#3539 4 years ago

Quick question on flipper rebuilds on 80b’s... I have my pitch set at 6 on Genesis and the right flipper rarely makes it up the left ramp. It definitely seems weaker than the left flipper. I’m going to start by rebuilding the flippers as they look original. Should I also replace the coils or are they simply work/don’t work? Thanks

1 month later
#3659 3 years ago

Hey all, just acquired a Gold Wings with a ton of issues, lucky me! I’ve worked though most of them... over fused, bad transistors and bad diodes. I’m down to the end with a couple issues and need some assistance from the community.

Top right flasher (blue, sol 6) isn’t working, the left/right thruster and cockpit lamps (Q3, 4, 5 test good) aren’t working. Also, the upper left flipper isn’t working.

Any assistance is appreciated! Thanks

Added over 4 years ago:

Fixed all issues. Lamps were bad resistors.

#3661 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Make sure cockpit lights are 44 incandescent bulbs, the sockets are wired in series for them and led wont work.

They’re incandescent

#3662 3 years ago

Upper left flipper working now (corroded switch... filed contacts). Still chasing the other issues.

#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Did you do the driver board ground upgrade?
I've got information about this upgrade that will combine all 16 ground wires on the driver board.
Not just one additional wire....
[quoted image]

The cabinet ground mods were already done when I acquired the machine. I haven’t done the driver board ground update. Another issue I left out was the music cuts out during gameplay, almost always when starting the second ball. I’ve changed out sound boards and the behavior remains.

#3666 3 years ago

Could someone please post a picture of Gold Wings underside of playfield... specifically need close up of upper right flasher (blue), there are two resistors wired and one is fried. Manual says it should be a single 8 ohm 5w. I also need lane change wiring photo... my wires were disconnected. I found one but not the other(s). Thanks

#3672 3 years ago

jeep-mustang thank you very much for the pictures, I really appreciate it! I like he extra lighting idea and may do they same. Would you mind measuring the resistance of the smaller resistor at the upper left (blue) flasher and letting me know what it is?

#3674 3 years ago

Can someone please post the resistor values for Gold Wings top right (blue) flasher? There are two wired on mine, one is a 4ohm 10w however the other is fried and unreadable. Thanks!

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

The manual says 8 ohm 5W wire wound.[quoted image]

I’m assuming the fried resistor in the attached picture is 4 ohm to make the 8 ohm as listed in the manual... thoughts?

71CE84CB-9B45-422F-AF30-EB277CBDA257 (resized).jpeg71CE84CB-9B45-422F-AF30-EB277CBDA257 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3705 3 years ago

Anyone have a Gold Wings Topper For sale; working or not? If so, please PM. Thanks!

#3712 3 years ago

Anyone have a “family friendly” Bad Girls alternate translite? I’ve seen some alternates that were less family friendly than the original but nothing the other way. If someone has a Photoshop file with correct sizing and placement of the display cutouts, that would help too. Thanks!

#3714 3 years ago

Just picked up a Mars God of War. Anyone have a pdf service manual? Thanks!

#3717 3 years ago

Nihonmasa Not sure if this title has a line filter, but if so, I’d check that. I’ve found most Gottlieb speaker hum issues were ground related.

#3718 3 years ago

Anyone have a nice scan/actual size pdf of this section of the Arena playfield?

D9146E50-CBB6-48D0-BB84-B51AB3F434AA (resized).jpegD9146E50-CBB6-48D0-BB84-B51AB3F434AA (resized).jpeg
#3726 3 years ago

Looking for a working sys80 Mpu and driver for my MGOW. Pm if you have. Thanks

2 weeks later
#3749 3 years ago

Just picked up a Hot Shots. The Pop Bumper coil doesn’t fire but the spoon switch registers points. Diode is good, haven’t checked the coil yet. Any other feedback on what I should be looking for?

Also need a manual if anyone has one on electronic form. Thanks

#3754 3 years ago

Need some help with MGOW... I have an issue with the 6x multiplier light and need some guidance. Q33 was bad and that corrected the issue initially. While converting to LEDs I also noticed the socket was bad so I replaced it. The lamp no longer lights and Q33 is fine. Not sure what else to check. Any thoughts? Thanks

2 weeks later
#3780 3 years ago

Weird issue with Hollywood Heat, hoping for some assistance. L40 the “B” lamp which is driven by Q41 on the driver board is dead. Q41 checked ok but I replaced anyway, same issue persists. I also replaced the socket without success. Not sure where to go next... thoughts?

#3782 3 years ago

REGNE thanks, I have continuity from the lamp to the connector. I will check to Q41 as well. I swapped The Driver and MPU and the issue remained. Is there a diode somewhere that could cause the issue?

1 week later
#3807 3 years ago

Anyone have a proven method for cleaning an 80b translite without causing damage?

1 week later
#3849 3 years ago
Quoted from lhsette:

Hello all,
New to this club, just brought home a Genesis this weekend. I have a few questions may you all have answers for:
1) Other than the backglass size which it can be cut to fit, do standard translite trim channels for a Williams/Bally fit in a Gottlieb head or are there Gott specific channels out there?
2) Does anyone know of a good color match paint for a Genesis head. Have some fill work to do.
3) Can the fluorescent tube in the Genesis head be easily replaced with and LED in any way?
4) there is a hole in the top of the head about lock sized. I assume there was some type of locking bar to keep the backglass in place in these? (it actually works out well that it is not there as I will use the hole to mount a Metropolis-themed topper on it).
5) I have seen plasma toppers for the poppers. Does anyone know where those can be purchased?
That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I delve into this machine.

Answering number 3... yes, I’ve installed the following on several 80b’s... disconnect the ballast and starter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XC8C222/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

#3850 3 years ago

Anyone have the measurements of the Backbox glass for Bad Girls?

#3859 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Shouldn't it be the same as the other 80b machines.
-Mike

It’s definitely not the same size as Gold wings, Genesis or Hollywood Heat.

#3863 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Just took the measurements off mine
Top/bottom :25"
Sides :24"[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=Cherga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.