(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BorgDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1016 8 years ago

Hey system 1 guru's. I just added my second system 1, a Pinball Pool project to go with my Joker Poker. Full image is from the prior owner. Going in I knew it had issues and I figure worst case I would spend the money on a Pascal all-in-one board. At this point I'm looking for advice whether to just buy the Pascal or try and repair what I got.

Pinball1_(resized).jpgPinball1_(resized).jpg

As you can see there is a nice battery and some lovely corrosion on the front side of the MPU, while on the back you can see they cut off the connectors and soldered the wires to the board. Oh and more of the lovely corrosion While I was pulling the connectors in the back to clean things up, the pins and such pulled off the right side of the power board (original), not to mention a couple swollen caps. so I'm thinking to save myself some headaches and just buy the Pascal or should I spend the money on a new power board and hope I can get the MPU board working. If it didn't have all the wires soldered to it I could put in my Joker Poker and see if it works right...

Thoughts?

2016-04-15_22.42.11_(resized).jpg2016-04-15_22.42.11_(resized).jpg

2016-04-15_22.41.31_(resized).jpg2016-04-15_22.41.31_(resized).jpg

#1023 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, I was leaning toward just doing the Pascal and saving the possible frustration (who needs that?). I'll also look up the resistor mod and make sure all is well everywhere else. The under playfield is all very nice and clean and everything I've checked so far seems to be in good order. Have a couple coils to swap to the correct ones, and someone oiled a flipper so of course it sticks now. Many parts on the way from pbr including new plastics, rubbers and drop targets and the little metal pieces for the edge connectors, the connectors were still in the backbox with the chopped off wires in them. Stripping the playfield at the moment to at a minimum do a very good cleaning, and level some inserts, and if I feel brave maybe some touch up and a nice coat of clear.

#1029 8 years ago

Back with my next set of questions. A couple related issues.

The score display glass unit (whatever it's really called) for player 2 is currently only held to it's circuit board by the inputs at the bottom. unit still works but flops around, how best to secure it in place? Which leads to my second issue. Judging by the back of the backglass it's been this loose for a while. What is the best way to repair the area of the backglass the score shows through? I ran across https://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0374.html while searching which looks promising, is that the best way to go?

score_(resized).pngscore_(resized).png

display_(resized).pngdisplay_(resized).png

#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from hootowls:

I replaced the film in one of my back glasses with this. http://pinballswag.com/product.php?productid=2 No need to use a blade for removal - just carefully use clear packing tape and the film pulls right off the glass. Just keep it away from the artwork.
For the display I just used some double sided foam tape to hold it in place.

Cool, that film looks like just the thing!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone on the glass too, sounds like a common problem.

3 months later
#1118 7 years ago

A Ni-wumpf came in my Joker Poker when i bought it, have not had any issues seems to work just fine. I also recently replaced all the boards in my Pinball Pool with the Pascal all-in-one board, and it was quick and easy and also works just fine. Given the choice and especially if having to replace more than 1 board I would go the Pascal all-in-one for simplicity sake, but like I say my Ni-wumpf works just fine, no issues.

#1122 7 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

That's good to hear, Pinball Pool is what these boards will be going in. It already had a new Rottendog power supply in it. Steve Young at PBR said he wasn't 100% positive if the Rottendog power supply was compatible with these boards but said it would probably be fine.

I didn't mention it but my Joker Poker has Rottendog power and driver boards with the ni-wumpf so they are definitely compatible.

1 week later
#1128 7 years ago

Don't have an answer for that one, but the one time I e-mailed them they were very responsive. [email protected]

3 months later
#1162 7 years ago

Nice looking Solar Ride. I just picked one up yesterday (as well as a Cleopatra), love the backglass art on this machine and my BG is in amazing shape, but hard as heck to take a picture of all the mirror!

Do you happen to know a source for plastics, the usual haunts don't seem to have any? A couple of mine are broken or severely warped.

2016-11-27 16.49.07 (resized).jpg2016-11-27 16.49.07 (resized).jpg

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I have a second set, kinda yellowed, if you need any. Let me know what you are looking for.

Thanks, just picked up a couple used ones for my broken ones, and I'm going to try the heat to flatten my other warped ones, I'll be in touch if/when I mess them up The big one on the right, is the main one I'm going to attempt to flatten.

#1191 7 years ago

Got the new kids (Cleo and Solar) all setup and everything working right yesterday. Here's a pic of the current system 1 lineup, 1/4th of the way to having them all LOL. They all have different board setups, PP with Pascal's all-in-one, Cleo all original boards, Solar Pascal MPU original power and driver boards, and Joker with Ni-wumpf and rottendog power and driver, a little bit of everything. Looking for a nice Cleo backglass if anyone knows where one is, while I kind of think the seriously cracked look is kind of cool it is going to bug me over time.

2016-12-01 19.01.52 (resized).jpg2016-12-01 19.01.52 (resized).jpg

#1194 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

That is a nice looking lineup! I wish my Solar Ride backglass looked that good!

Thanks! Yeah, that backglass is in amazing shape, love the artwork on it, dang hard to photograph with all the mirroring though.

2016-11-28 07.09.41 (resized).jpg2016-11-28 07.09.41 (resized).jpg

#1202 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

What kind of luck have you had on the JP using a Niwumph MPU and Rottendog driver board? I had no luck that way, and Ace at Niwumph said it wouldn't work.

It was that way when I bought it a year ago, and seems to be working fine. Ni-Wumpf System 1 - rev. M, Rottendog System 1 Driver Board GDB001-1, and Rottendog System 1 Power supply GPS002-2 are the specific parts in this system. I'd probably run with Ace says though. If I need to buy boards in the future I'm probably going with the Pascal boards, more specifically the all in one, works great adds neat features and i like the simplicity and less cables.

3 weeks later
#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Hey guys any Pinball Pool owners out there who have not rated it yet please take a few minutes to do so . Only need 3 more ratings to get it rated. Its one of my favorite system 1 games . Just would be fun to see if it can make the top 100

Done, but had to rate 4 machines to get mine to count as I had only done 2 ratings and now they wait review.

1 week later
#1242 7 years ago

Added a Count-Down to the stable. Up to 5 system 1's now (in purchase order Joker Poker, Pinball Pool, Cleopatra, Solar Ride, Count-Down), over 1/4th of the way to owning them all I bought it from a nice gentleman who had it in his basement for the last 25 years, working until recently. Found a couple shorts and wiring issues and it's all working again. Backglass is almost perfect on this one, playfield has the usual wear, and the whole thing needs a good cleaning and new rubbers and a couple correct drop targets, but very happy to have this one, it's one of my favorites.

2017-01-02 09.01.34 (resized).jpg2017-01-02 09.01.34 (resized).jpg

#1252 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

will start to restore these in the spring

you suck! and I mean that in the nicest way possible would love to take one of those off your hands, the system 1 grail pin.

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

OK, I'll play.
Got it in April, 2010.
And it's still enjoyed, thank you Edd!

Very nice Cleo! are they supposed to be white?

1 month later
#1286 7 years ago

Yes I fight the stuck pins, have eventually been able to get them all out, the housing should be fine. There is Docent solder on connectors available as well (which you see a lot on Todd Tuckey videos), which I have bought because I don't have the originals (someone soldered the wires direct to the board), have not gotten around to installing yet.

http://www.docentelectronics.com/httpdocs/AmusementGames/Pinball/Gottlieb/System%20One.htm

2 months later
#1375 6 years ago

I would suggest getting a manual, but in the mean time here is the relevant part of the diagram.

countdown coindoor (resized).JPGcountdown coindoor (resized).JPG

Oh, and make sure non of the coin switches or coin lock out coil are shorting out, both of those are frequent issues that cause weird stuff to happen.

#1384 6 years ago

Yeah, sorry about that, you probably need this page as well.

CDmatrix (resized).JPGCDmatrix (resized).JPG

#1412 6 years ago

Dang, that's pretty. I don't think they looked that nice new, well done!

1 month later
#1465 6 years ago

For those that may not have seen it there is a new cpu board out for system 1 and system 80 that also allows rescipting the games using MPF.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-1-and-system-80-support-in-the-mission-pinball-framewo

2 months later
#1639 6 years ago

I've used an 18ga finish nail for a nail gun as a pin extractor (they are rectangular not round), did take a little grinding to fit.

1 month later
#1705 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Anyone on here have a Joker Poker? Can you tell me what color the piece that sits between the head and the cabinet is? It's the piece that the head sits on.
I'm not sure if it's supposed to be black or white. Doing a restore and can't find pictures where I can see that part.
Thanks!
Edit: I THINK it looks like it's black... based on this pic.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1306&picno=27058&zoom=1

mine is black

2 weeks later
#1720 6 years ago

manual says A-18318

#1722 6 years ago

The coils are listed on the bottom of their respective schematic pages.

1 month later
#1797 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Sorry, Count-Down

I don't think you can disable the on playfield Extra Ball, at least not with stock MPU (not sure about others either).

1 month later
#1915 6 years ago
Quoted from quinntopia:

After nearly a year, a Sinbad I won at a 'blind' auction for $300 (no boards, minor damage to playfield) and a second Sinbad from Craigslist (drove 2 hours, discovered seller used a 'photo from the web' for his listing- really dude?) and lot's of trial, error and reading here and on pinrepair, my Sinbad project is up and running! Still a few minor tweaks, but here's a montage of the journey from the past year and list of everything that I did.
RESTORATION OF PLAYFIELD
REPAINTED PLAYFIELD BOTTOM
PASCAL p1-X4 BOARD
REPINNED CONNECTORS
FLIPPER REBUILD
NEW DROP TARGET RESET COILS
NEW DROP TARGETS
ADDITIONAL BOTTOM BOARD FUSES (see Pinrepair.com)
REPLACED A "4" BACKGLASS with a "7" and SEALED WITH TRIPLE THICK
COIL CHIME WASHERS REPLACED.
etc....

Nice work, looks great! So do you have a bunch of parts to build another out of? I might be interested in a project sinbad.

1 month later
#1986 6 years ago

that's cool on the drop target memory, I'll have to remember that.

2 weeks later
#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I recently got everything working 100% on my pinball pool. I decided to play a game or 2 last night and wound up playing it for an hour. Its really a fun challenging game. I think I like it better than my joker poker.

blasphemer! Pinball Pool is definitely very fun, as is Joker Poker I'm glad I have both. I recently added a gottlieb chime unit to my pinball pool and like it even better with chimes. I have one for Countdown as well just need to finish the install then all my system 1's will be chimes.

1 month later
#2188 5 years ago

Just got my first system 80, Amazing Spider-Man, in pretty nice condition. Down to one small issue, my pop bumpers are not scoring. I checked the switch and continuity to the diode board mounted to the playfield and that seems good, but it appears I have a bad diode there as I get nothing on my mm in diode mode, whereas I get a reading on the others. everything else on both the same row and column in the switch matrix works fine, so I'm pretty sure it is down to the diode. the only diodes I have are the 1N4007 diodes, which those are obviously not. Is it OK to use one of those in that location? I seem to be getting conflicting information in the little information I googled.

Thanks.

IMG_20180621_205451 (resized).jpgIMG_20180621_205451 (resized).jpg
#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

You can try the 4007. It may or may not work. The issue is, there is about a 0.7 volt drop across it. The original diode is considerably less. Therefore, the input IC may not respond to the switch closure.

Thanks, I ran across a thread somewhere and someone mentioned stealing a diode from the coin switches on the bottom board. since I jumpered for free play and one of the slots is blocked off anyway, I went ahead and stole one from there and all is well, missed a bit of scoring and sound when pops don't score.

1 week later
#2200 5 years ago

Once you knock down all the drops and hit the 8-ball (complete the rack) it lights the upper two kick holes to score the bonus when hit and then reset it all and kick your ball back out to continue.

#2202 5 years ago

bonus after it counts the ball bonus? I don't think I've seen or heard of that.

1 week later
#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from Andreas:

Thanx, will look in to that

I had the same issue on my pinball pool and count-down with the 4-1 board, below is the response I got from Pascal when I e-mailed. I ended up buying I think 10 of the ULN2803 chips just to have on hand (I have 3 or 4 of the boards).

regarding CPU-driven lamps (L5 thru L36) which are always on, always off or dimly lit:

those lamps are driven by ULN2803 that go by pairs:

L5 thru L12 : U18/U21 above A3J5 connector

L13 thru L20 : U12/U15 above A3J5 connector

L21 thru L28 : U19/U23 above A3J3 connector

L29 thru L36 : U13/U17 above A3J3 connector --> your case

In case of LAMPS ALWAYS ON or DIMLY LIT :

turn the pinball game off, remove one of those 2 chips (no matter which one) then turn the game on: if the faulty lamps are now off, that chip is faulty and must be replaced.

otherwise (lamps still lit), remove the 2nd chip.

#2221 5 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Does anyone know the speaker size and ohm rating for black hole? Mine are pretty rusty and dry rotted and looking to change them out

schematic shows 8ohm 5watt speakers, not sure on size however.

1 month later
#2357 5 years ago

or just rearrange the ones that are there to match a CA instead of Count-Down

1 week later
#2398 5 years ago

2. See on the bonus at 6000 and 8000 where it says lites left target and lites right target? those are what light the extra ball lights (by the targets). The 7000 is what does the special as it says.

1. Yes, pretty sure it is supposed to reset the vari after scoring.

4 weeks later
#2455 5 years ago

So I just watched Bowen's new Papa tutorial on Sinbad (

) and it got me thinking of a modification. I'm currently putting back together a Sinbad and plan to put a LISY board in for the MPU which would allow me to recode it however I wanted. What would you think of adding in a spinner bonus like somewhat later gottliebs where if you go through the inlane when lit it would light the spinner for mega points for a few seconds? kind of like on alien star or arena or several others. of course there are no standard inlanes on this so the rollover on the right when lit (clear the yellow drops I believe to light) for 5000 when rolled over would then flash one of the advance lights by the spinner (maybe the add bonus light) for say 5 seconds which would then score say 10,000 a spin (or 1000 times current bonusX or something). I'm thinking it would actually give you a reason to hit the spinner other than it just being cool. I'm not looking to totally change the game just enhance it.

What do you guys think?

#2467 5 years ago

Nice. I've ground 18ga nails for my finish nailer down to fit and hold them with a small vice-grip, seems to work good as well.

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Anyone out there have a high res scanner and a Pinball Pool? I'm part way through a PF restore and with how badly I'm struggling on color matching, there is absolutely no way I have the artistic talent to redraw the artwork. I'm going to need a shot of the bonus X area and go the waterslide decal route.
I had an HP 4670 on order, but the lady on eBay never shipped it, so I'm SOL until one pops up at a decent price again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pm sent

1 week later
#2494 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I have a System 80a Jacks to Open, no way to set free play.
At one time I thought that I saw a picture tutorial on how to graft in an extra switch to the Start switch in order to increment a credit when the Start button is pressed. The new switch had to close before the original start switch for it to work right. The new switch was somehow wired to a coin switch. I could probably figure it out, but with pics it would be easier.
Thanks,
Alan

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Enabling_Free_Play

1 month later
#2572 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I can't find a Hollywood Heat club and I just have to share this. I did a proof of concept on Fiverr to see how this would look. I have a few changes I want to do then it's off to the printer.[quoted image]

Looks like a good start.

club here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-club-meet-out-front-of-the-carlyle-hotel/

1 week later
#2575 5 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

What is the standard slope for System One games? I have Buck Rogers and 4 degrees is a bit much for the tilt bob.

That is probably close to what gottlieb intended, they usually said to screw leg levelers all the way in (assuming you have original, or at least all the same), then just level as needed. I prefer mine faster and steeper and mine are all at 5.5 to 6 degrees, very different game at that. I think it comes down to how you prefer to play, do you want them floaty and slow side to side arcs like an em, or faster with more downhill movement. And yes I have had to move the tilt ring screws to get them to adjust to that slope, but they can be made to do so easily. Flippers still do have plenty of power to get the ball back up top.

And nice on the Buck Rogers, that is high on my want list.

4 weeks later
#2602 5 years ago

On this page http://pbresource.com/boards.html#stand

I believe they are the MP-52 which show as out of stock, but worth a call/e-mail anyway.

3 weeks later
#2645 5 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Hey Guys,
I didn't know where in the thread to post my question on ASM gottlieb system 80. Please ignore if this ruins the flow of your conversation directly above this post.
I'm hoping someone in the group has a photo for the following issue:
I attached that barrel and nut. It was just a hole, no barrel in place. I'm trying to add it back so it works as intended. For all I know, I bought the wrong lock for this mechanism. I just can't seem to find a picture online showing a fully working backbox lock mechanism. The previous owner tied two metal brackets (with black tie, see pic below) that appear to have a role...I just can't figure it out yet. I didn't attach the locking latch and screw that goes on the inside of the barrel (similar to latch used to hold coin door closed/locked).
Thanks![quoted image]

basically just cut that zip and screw the bar to the lock mech, it has a square hole in the end, make sure it's the right direction first. Here is a couple pics of mine first one in open position, second one in locked. note in the locked position you can't have the light board all the way open it will hit the bar.

IMG_20190221_174134 (resized).jpgIMG_20190221_174134 (resized).jpgIMG_20190221_174219 (resized).jpgIMG_20190221_174219 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from Qman97:

I’m in with the Increadable Hulk. $300 needed a power supply and a good cleaning

Nice score on Hulk. I just got mine together yesterday after a few months in the shop.

IMG_20190302_163842 (resized).jpgIMG_20190302_163842 (resized).jpg
#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Hi all,
I'm working on a Haunted House and I am getting a low resistance reading on the main playfield flipper coils: about 1.6 ohms. Is this normal?

The manual has a coil chart and lists the A-17875 main at 2.8 ohms. It is possible someone put higher power/lower ohm coils in.

#2701 5 years ago

I'm in the process of building a system 80A from the ground up. and have most of the important bits, but am looking for backbox and lightboard hinges. See the ad please.

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “I know they used these in system 80A machines, but may have been in others as well. Looking for the backbox hinges and the mounting brackets that mount the head to the cabinet. p...”
2019-03-04
Spokane, WA
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 81 times

#2733 5 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Hey Guys,
I have only one more issue to resolve for my Gottlieb Pinball Pool restoration project.
The pin that should short out the 3-ball play does not work.
I've tried cleaning the contacts but no luck.
Always plays on 5-ball setting no matter what.
Any direction on this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Todd

Are you talking about the jones plug type pin under the playfield? That sets whether all drops are paired or just the even. typically on 5 ball only the even numbers would drop the opposite side when hit and on 3 ball all the drop targets drop the corresponding drop on the opposite side. you can however play 3 ball with 5 ball rules by leaving that plug on 5 ball.

dip switch 9 sets whether you play 3 ball or 5 ball

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Switched dip switch 22 to on/off, without change...unless I am misunderstanding the rules for this "Same Player Shoot Again" feature. I figured it should come on for 1-player games. Is this the wrong assumption? Maybe it only comes on when a player, during multiplayer game, gets a bonus ball to shoot again? In that case, maybe I'll leave the dip switch 22 on.
Thanks again!

My shoot again definitely comes on during 1 player games when I earn an extra ball. Can't tell you what mine is set on though as its a few hours drive away.

#2770 5 years ago

Got lucky when I bought my count-down a couple years back, bg is sweet, rest of it's pretty nice too.

2017-01-02 09.02.31 (resized).jpg2017-01-02 09.02.31 (resized).jpg
#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Anyone know anywhere to get these pcb post? And how to get the old ones out? They appear glued in.[quoted image]

pbresource sells those posts, toward the bottom of this page http://www.pbresource.com/boards.html there are several lengths they don't have all in stock. they are screwed in from the back, at least the ones I have seen.

2 weeks later
#2888 5 years ago

Good morning guys and gals. I am about to embark on project Alien Star Resurrection! I picked up the mostly populated Alien Star playfield that TNT had posted as part of their cleanup/cleanout. It is in very nice shape, bottom area mostly mylared, some wear around the upper lanes and the pop bumpers. I will be stripping it down and doing some minor art touchup, mostly black, and clearcoating it.

Here is what I'm starting with, it does have the full wiring on the back.

IMG_20190126_171001 (resized).jpgIMG_20190126_171001 (resized).jpg

I have gathered together most of the other needed items, transformer panel, cabinet and coin door wiring harness, displays and backbox wiring harness, coin-door, buttons, switches etc. I will be building the cabinet and backbox from scratch, taking a few liberties to make it easier to build or for lack of original parts, but will look and function basically the same. I will be putting in a Pascal PI-80 board to run it all.

What I'm looking for today is some help in getting cabinet art stencils. I've been in contact with PinballPimp, who does not have the files for Alien Star, but he provided me with what he would need to make them, basically a 150dpi scan of the cabinet. I am willing to front the cost for him to do the artwork so he would then have it on file for anyone else that ever wanted to repaint an Alien Star, but since I do not have a cabinet to scan I am turning to all of you looking for someone who has an Alien Star and the ability to do a scan, or if close enough to me (near Seattle) would let me come over with a scanner and scan their cabinet. I can provide more details on the scanning, but basically just a small usb flatbed will work.

Thanks,

2 weeks later
#2929 5 years ago

I believe the volume on that is the black knob on the Pascal sound board, although I can't find it stating that in the manual.

#2936 5 years ago

from what I can see on IPDB it appears to be the same setup as the system 1 latch. pictures of the system 1 stuff in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-ss-backbox-door-hardware

2 months later
#3037 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Hey Guys,
Does anyone know a good place to purchase a 2.75" long sleeve to replace an old Amazing Spider-Man knocker sleeve? The replacement coil I purchased came with one that does not extend beyond length of coil (I should have known). I'm also wondering if it's possible to use the shorter (coil length) sleeve instead of a longer replacement. I appreciate any feedback you guys have on this issue.
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

http://pbresource.com/coilsleeve.html

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7067-1

2 weeks later
#3073 4 years ago

pbresource.com is the go to place for Gottlieb parts. I find e-mail works great.

1 week later
#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

Has anyone switched out the solenoids (A-5194) that are used for the (2) out holes on Incredible Hulk?
Am thinking about putting in stronger solenoids
Thanks

Have not tried that, but interested in how it behaves when you do. What are you thinking of putting in there? an A-1496 like in the pops?

#3090 4 years ago

My right side hits the drops now with the 5194 in there, does not your's? sometimes knocks 1 down, sometimes 2, sometimes shoots slightly left of them all and goes to the top lanes.

#3092 4 years ago

ah, well that would make sense, 5195 is not nearly as strong as a 5194 (12.3 Ohms vs 4.5 Ohms).

1 month later
#3143 4 years ago

those usually show up on either side of ramp entrances, zoom in and look closely at this image I think you can just make them out https://www.ipdb.org/images/678/image-10.jpg

1 month later
#3179 4 years ago

if you really want ball swirls out you are going to have to go magic eraser, rubbing alcohol (removes original clear) then clear coat in my opinion. whatever clear (lacquer?) was originally on them was so thin the ball swirl marks are likely into the paint. I've done 2 system 1 machines and actually left some swirl because I didn't want to repaint and I felt going any further with the magic eraser I was going to eliminate area of paint. personally I'm fine with that, I mainly wanted them flat and playing smooth, the only touchup's I did was black keylines around inserts.

other than that, for just cleaning that thread covers it all, there are many ways to get it done, and many opinions to go along with them.

#3181 4 years ago

yes, I only touch up if clearing the whole playfield.

1 week later
#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Would a sys 80a game (Rocky in this case) have a wider head than a modern machine? The older DE machines have a wider head than the newer games, wasnt sure if Gottliebs were the same?

My royal flush deluxe, which I believe is the same head as rocky, is 29-3/4" wide. alien star a little later where they got rid of the side grills is 27-3/4" wide, compared to my tna (my only modern game) which is 28-3/4" wide. I don't think the wide body heads were any wider.

1 month later
#3254 4 years ago

not sure it's necessarily possible to do that. according to the manual in the Option menu if you set Specil Credit to 1 it awards specials instead of extra ball, reading further you can also set Specil Overrd to 1 and then additional specials will award points instead of credits. I don't see any way to set the first special to points however.

manual can be found on their website, http://www.ni-wumpf.com/System1CPU.html but depending on what firmware version you have it may not have all the options of the current manual posted.

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Ok, who in here has a Royal Flush Deluxe? Does yours have this music??

Mine sounds NOTHING like this??

bought mine as a project and have not gotten it running yet (have yet to work on it), but am curious as to the answer. Also curious as I see you also have a Royal Flush, how do the two compare play wise? not necessarily rules, but feel, speed, etc.

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Well, I prefer the RFD. My kids prefer the RF, because they like the chimes. The RFD plays WAY faster. And you can do more traditional flipper techniques on RFD than you can with RF. Also, on RF, once you knock all the cards down, that's it--no more points to be had from knocking cards down, where RFD resets the cards, and you can just keep hammering away. For RF, you really have to try to get your jokers first before knocking down cards. With RFD, I don't worry about it as much because once I get them all down, I can usually cycle through 2 or 3 rounds of cards. Also, RF doesn't have the center pin, so it's a bit more brutal. And the outlanes on RF have no rubbers, unlike RFD. Also, RFD has better artwork over all, both on the backglass as well as the playfield. The arch on RF has no art at all, whereas on RFD, it's lit art. If I could convert RFD to chimes, it would be hands down the clear winner between the two, even with the electronic display instead of the reel scoring.

thanks! chimes are pretty awesome, I've converted a couple of my system1's to chimes that didn't originally have them, I like it much better.

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Axl was asking on my behalf.
I just got info that the Dragon machine I saw ina stream where extra balls where disabled, (hitting the extra ball targets did awrd points not extra ball) they have a Janine board. This one currently has a Ni-Wumpff. I would think they do exact the same thing, but that might not be the case?
The special award is no that critical, but really need to turn off extra balls.

they both basically re-programmed the whole game independently and added extra features, Janine typically added more options than the ni-wumpf, so it's quite possible it can do that and the ni-wumpf can't. I've used both, and both work great.

#3263 4 years ago

I bought some gottlieb chimes off e-bay. Joker poker came with chimes from the factory, pinball pool is one of mine I converted over, along with Count-Down.

I'm going to guess no on the system 80a to chime conversion, but maybe someone else knows for sure, it's certainly not wired for it like the system 1 machines are.

3 weeks later
#3323 4 years ago

Here you go guys, build your own Alien Star some assembly and parts required.

ebay.com link: Alien Star Playfield

3 weeks later
#3352 4 years ago

Posted in the what did you bring home thread, but thought I'd throw it here too. Just "finished" the Alien Star I built from a mostly populated playfield I bought a year ago from toddtuckey . Loving this machine. More pics and details here -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/295#post-5428865

IMG_20190113_160630 (resized).jpgIMG_20190113_160630 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_063358 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_063358 (resized).jpg
#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Saw those pics, you did one hell of a job, actually one of the best I've seen on here over the years.

Thanks, I appreciate it, I definitely enjoyed doing it and got to learn a lot of new things.

I need to remember to put a note in the head that the cabinet and backbox wiring harnesses are from an Ice Fever, so not everything is the same, most of it is, but a few color differences in the wires mainly in the backbox as Ice Fever had extras that AS doesn't.

4 weeks later
#3440 4 years ago

Missed one.

IMG_20200223_111947 (resized).jpgIMG_20200223_111947 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Sadly Gottliebs have barely any overlays or good scans around AFAIK, those that exists are done by nice people.

There are a few decent Gottlieb scans in the virtual pinball world, but I'm actually on the hunt for an Arena one myself (and plastics) to finish a virtual build of it.

1 month later
#3583 3 years ago

If you shut off power and it stays down, sounds like a magnet to me. plunger or coil stop as you say.

#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

still looking for help with the Joker Poker tilt.

Here is a couple pics of mine. Hope it helps. and yes that is only 4 diodes on that board if that's the one you are referring to.

IMG_20200502_164830 (resized).jpgIMG_20200502_164830 (resized).jpgIMG_20200502_164903 (resized).jpgIMG_20200502_164903 (resized).jpg
#3628 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Ok, looks just like mine, do you have a wire at A1J6-7? Also does your tilt work?

My tilt does work, I'm not near my JP at the moment, but here is a snip from an old pic of my A1J6.

I'm not real good at reading the schematics, but the tilt wiring is a little weird.

A1J6 (resized).PNGA1J6 (resized).PNG
#3630 3 years ago

that's weird, it's even called out on the Pascal board as tilt pendulum and you have no wire there either northvibe

Joker Poker manual a bit different on the switch matrix

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3631 3 years ago

OK, found this in the system 1 service manual. Are the game manuals wrong?

Annotation 2020-05-07 115405 (resized).pngAnnotation 2020-05-07 115405 (resized).png
#3633 3 years ago

I don't think the J14 text goes with the tilt pendulum text, I think J14 is that block of jumper pins to the right, the tilt pendulum text follows the line to S4 which is A1-J6-7

So i think whats going on is like in your Pinball Pool matrix image, in the bottom left I believe the tilt on the back of the playboard and the tilt bob run together through A6J4-9 and return on A1J7-6 (instead of A1J6-7, maybe someone transposed). The red line below connects the two sides of the same pin on that connector. Make sense? now why Insane is not working is another matter, but maybe look at A1J7-6

Annotation 2020-05-07 122020 (resized).pngAnnotation 2020-05-07 122020 (resized).png
1 week later
#3650 3 years ago

nice Alien Star. I like the narrow door much better on this one, shows much more of the stencil artwork.

2 months later
#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Yes. Definitely not looking forward to this part...

it's not to bad, the de-soldering and re-soldering of the light socket wires is really the only pain part. i've done it on several machines, although the ones I cleared I did not put a mylar ring back. be sure and wax good before sticking the new ring down.

#3802 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Will do. Is this to ensure that the adhesive comes off easily if you decide to pull them up at a later date?

Exactly.

1 month later
#3891 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Managed to record a decent game of Alien Star on the weekend... that Never happens when I'm recording! Lol

I think she's ready for our Pinball event at the Bowl next weekend

Nice game.

couple questions, do you have the blue bumper caps or blue lights in them? you on original board set or a replacement?

#3893 3 years ago

I bought I set of the white caps when I redid mine a little over a year ago, it looks like pbresource has them.

1 month later
#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just a heads up. Wolff pax has diy displays for gottlieb games. I used Boston Pinball’s on my last projects so I haven’t used these yet but I have a set coming for my stern electronics game. I’ve heard good things!
https://www.wolffpactech.com/shop-2

Thanks for the head's up northvibe that's awesome! Any idea if he plans on doing the 7 digit as well? I also like that the segments are shaped the same as the Gottlieb original ones, details details.

#3974 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

When swapping to 7 segments, were they a gottlieb display or another brand?

I have not done any swaps from 6 to 7, just thinking for 80A games like Alien Star that have 7 digit displays.

1 month later
#4089 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Any way to set these sys 80 games to free play? Doesn’t seem like I can pull the replay trick with low high score levels like early stern.

Not in the menus on stock boards. https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Free_Play_for_System_80_Games

1 month later
#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from falcon114:

Anybody have a source in the US or have a couple of the Gottleib World logo stickers for the coin door on a Sinbad?

http://www.pbresource.com/CoinDoor.html

scroll down till you spot them, or search the page for decal

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

anyone with an Alien Star can confirm what their upper right wire gate looks like? I am not sure if mine is a replacement but it doesn't fit right if the ball goes from left to right, it often gets stuck if it comes in slowly...
[quoted image]

I believe mine looks a bit different than that, but hard to tell from the angles.

per the manual it's a 21958, Marco has them. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/21958

PXL_20210109_214816292 (resized).jpgPXL_20210109_214816292 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#4522 3 years ago

Could be a connector needs re-pinning, had that exact issue on one of my machines, forget which one.

2 months later
#4625 2 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Shameless self promotion!
Gottlieb System 1:

Nice, love my Pinball Pool.

4 weeks later
#4659 2 years ago
Quoted from vipe155:

Hi everyone,
Could someone with a Sys 80 that has a hinged backbox tell me what bolt (and washer?) is supposed to be used to secure the outer frame to this upper plate? My game had some replacement bolt in here with a undersized Philips head that doesn't even prevent the frame from coming off.
[quoted image]

I believe the original was a button head screw that you use a allen wrench on, but a phillips would work but easier to get off if on location. It's just a washer that goes under it to hold the frame from coming off. Don't have sizes, sorry, but washer is about 1/2" wide on the one I have access to at the moment (system 1 but same hinge).

PXL_20210721_155119766 (resized).jpgPXL_20210721_155119766 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#4687 2 years ago

Flat rail clip. pbresource has remade them on their signature parts page, scroll down till you see them http://www.pbresource.com/signatur.html

1 month later
#4779 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, does anyone know the correct size or if any vendors sell them? Thanks for the help.

3/8"-16 (coarse thread) 3-1/2" long standard hex head bolt. any hardware store should have them

#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok thanks for the help! Didn't know they came with different coarse thread. My local hardware store seems to have a lot of #2 or #5 course zinc plated, but #16 doesn't seem common.[quoted image]

16 is the thread size. Coarse is 16 thread, fine is 20 for 3/8" bolts I believe. The #5 in that one looks to be the strength, grade 5, there is also grade 8, those are both higher rates strength, the grade 2 is just your standard strength bolt which is all you need.

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Curious to learn what "strobe" & "return" refer to/mean in my JP manual?
[quoted image]

switch matrix, keep going further in the manual....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4802 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Any current sources for 27" Gottlieb legs? I need to get a set for a Buck Rogers. Has Williams legs on it for now but it is a bit too tall. Are they going to be reproduced?
If I can get some decent chrome ones I can evaporust them or if I can get decent painted legs I can always repaint them. Anyone have an extra old set stashed away?

have you checked with pbresource to see if they have more repro in the works? they are the only ones I know of that normally sold them.

1 week later
#4853 2 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Hopefully I dont get shot for this but I had to save this Alien Star. Or as I'm calling it now "Alien Scar"! The playfield was too bad to save so I decided to sand it down to a flat surface and then cleared it. I figured I'd get it all working that way when/if they repop the playfield I'll be ready. I actually like how it turned out and I am happy to have a playing game that I had been looking for for a very long time. Next up is Ice Fever. I'm using rubber rings I had on hand so thats a little hodge podge at the moment and PBResourse sent me the wrong caps but other than that its done for now.
-Jim
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice Jim! glad you finally got one. Ice Fever too? I may have to come visit sometime.

1 month later
#4969 2 years ago
Quoted from Jasonw416:

Anyone want play "name that glitch"? Lol I can't upload the video on here but on my buck rogers with no ball in play, if I keep hitting the flippers I gain points. I just got this matching and I am planning on doing a full meter sweep and the boards look excellent. Any ideas on this so I can focus on an area or 2?

How many points? look for things that score that many points and see if switches are gapped too tight.

#4971 2 years ago
Quoted from Jasonw416:

Good thought. 10 points over and over. When I take the glass of for the first time this weekend I'll dig in.

The only thing I believe that scores 10 pts is the switches behind the rubbers, several of them on the playfield, make sure there is a gap. The one sling (left) does as well, but the scoring switch for it are on the base under the playfield, though it is the closest to the flipper mechs so maybe look at those. pic for reference, scoring switch circled.

#4976 2 years ago

well, you're missing the whole reset coil and brackets! just a plunger hanging there

#4977 2 years ago

here is what you should have there. you can see the 3 wires attached to the coil.

PXL_20211030_220317603 (resized).jpgPXL_20211030_220317603 (resized).jpg
#4980 2 years ago
Quoted from Jasonw416:

Hahahaha wow what in the hell? Thanks for the pic reference. Is this something I can buy or am I screwed? I did find some spare parts underneath. I'll have to check tomorrow but hopefully it's what I need.

If you don't have the parts in your spare parts, you should be able to get from all from pbresource.com or marcospecialties.com (coil A-18318, stop A-17958, housing B-16194) as well as some screws (#8-32x1/4" socket head and #8-32x 5/16" round head or hex head machine screws, 4 of each). pbresource.com is usually cheaper but I did see marcos appears to have all the parts in stock, pbresource you would have to call or e-mail to check.

Here is a page from the parts manual for reference. the buck rogers manual tells that coil a-18318 is needed.

2 months later
#5081 2 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Hey Chuck chuckwurt are you going to jump on that Alien Star up for sale in your neck of the woods?

DO IT!!!!!!

2 months later
#5256 2 years ago

if I understand right, the diode boards are gottliebs way instead of diodes on the individual switches, so you would just need to jumper the right switches instead.. I think.. maybe

2 months later
#5420 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

So I'm updating my question!
I noticed that on ebay there are always a few gottlieb 4-bank assemblies for sale, but I've never seen a smaller 3-bank mech for sale there. I have seen one 4-bank that was set up to work as a 3-bank.
Today, I looked back up the games I mentioned previously, looking for under the playfield pics to hopefully get a look at the drop target mechs. Only Star Race had an under the pf shot, but as far as I can tell, both the 3-bank mech and the 4-bank look the same from underneath. The only difference is one has 3 targets in it and the other one has 4.
So, my guess is that Gottlieb didn't actually make 3-bank mech, they just used the same assembly for both 3's and 4's. Can anyone confirm if that's true?

They did make some 3 bank mechs, I have at least one, but yes often used 4 bank with only 3 targets in it, works fine. most mine I got off ebay. I noticed your first pic had the little coils for knocking down the drops as well, those are harder to come by, but i did see another 4 bank with those on ebay just now, if you want that ability I would snag it ebay.com link: itm

2 weeks later
#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from RDBowers:

That does make sense.
I was also thinking they could be used on either side of the wiireform ball gate. If I use the tall posts there the ball gate wire is 3/4" above the playfield. If I use the 1" post the wire drops to 9/16". Which is dead center on the ball. Maybe that is the intent.
I did some more digging in the System 1 manuals. The number of tall posts mostly correlates to the number of wiireform ball gates.
Cleopatra - 4 tall post - 2 wiireform ball gates
Sinbad - 0 tall posts - 0 wiireform ball gates
Joker Poker - 1 tall post - 0 wiireform ball gates
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 2 tall posts - 0 wiireform ball gates
Dragon - 0 tall posts- 0 wiireform ball gates
Charlie's Angels - 4 tall posts - 0 wiireform ball gates
Solar Ride - 2 tall posts - 1 witeform ball gate
Count-Down - 4 tall posts - 0 wiireform ball gates
Pinball Pool - 0 tall posts - 0 wiireform ball gates
Totem - 2 tall posts - 1 witeform ball gate
Genie- 3 tall posts - 1 witeform ball gate
The Incredible Hulk - doesn't list posts
Buck Rogers - 2 tall posts - 0 wiireform ball gates
Roller Disco - 6 tall posts - 2 wiireform ball gates
Torch - 2 tall posts - 1 witeform ball gate
Asteroid Annie and the Aliens - 0 tall post - 1 witeform ball gate
[quoted image]

The 2 on Buck Rogers are under the lane guide near the right side. If they were not tall I think the switch behind the rubber would hit the lane guide. i don't see a similar place on Totem however that would need that by looking at the pic.

Nice Totem btw.

PXL_20220709_200601257 (resized).jpgPXL_20220709_200601257 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from Geekdude:

Different question has anyone done the brain damage to covert a SYS 1 chimes to something electronic /speaker based. Ideally I’d like to be able unplug the chimes and plug in something electronic. For example the later SYS 1 boards with a speaker. Doesn’t look like it would be too hard just haven’t done the research yet. Trying to control the volume of the pin.

I'm going to assume, yeah i know, that since you can easily replace the tone board with chimes the reverse would be easily possible as well. i have done 3 machines the opposite direction, replaced the electronic sounds with chimes. I like the chimes much better, but definitely no easy volume control.

2 months later
#5762 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Trying to find out some history on an odd Alien Star pop bumper color design. I picked up an Alien Star playfield from an old operator from the 80s. He said the playfield was a replacement for a game with a damaged playfield, and Gottlieb supplied him with this replacement playfield as it sits. Only thing is, the pop bumpers are red and yellow. Is this operator just blowing smoke up my ***, or could there be any truth to this color scheme coming directly from the Gottlieb factory?[quoted image]

That's weird. but damn does that playfield look nice!

#5771 1 year ago
1 week later
#5801 1 year ago

hopefully readable

2 months later
#5905 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Another system 1 query for you guys. The famous Todd N. Tuckey toddtuckey shows a fuse added to the small transformer in a couple of his system 1 videos. Unfortunately, it's always a quick, "hey do this so you don't kill your game" thing and there isn't a detailed shot or explanation. To which line, coming from that transformer, do I need to add a fuse? Thanks, in advance.
-RC

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Recommended_Fuses_to_Install_to_Protect_the_Small_Transformer

1 month later
#5994 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Anybody have tips on how to juice up those plastic Sys1 spinners? The mechanical aspect of them with the mini plumb bob seems incredibly inefficient, and other than just putting some lube on the metal, anybody have any fun hacks for this? Sinbad is feeling a little meh.

I've seen somewhere someone drilled a hole in the side thick part and added weight to the spinner. I recently did this to Hulk just to see what difference it makes... a lot is the answer. Hulk, mine at least, does not have the little plumb bob below the playfield on the spinner. I have 2 of the plastic hulk spinners so at some point will try adding weight to one of them, but not high on the priority list. Have also thought of getting a blank white metal spinner and putting the hulk art on it.

PXL_20230225_212826725 (resized).jpgPXL_20230225_212826725 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#6190 9 months ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Anyone have a fuse list for Caveman?
I just picked one up and don’t want to turn it on without the proper fuses.
Thanks![quoted image]

2 weeks later
#6203 9 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hey Gottlieb fans. I have a "grail" playfield for sale in the market. Check it out if you are interested in a NOS Eclipse playfield.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/161186
[quoted image]

sweet.

1 month later
#6318 7 months ago

Added some more to my clubness with the addition of an 80B Bad Girls recently, to go with the system 1, system 80 and system 80A in my collection. This is my first 80B.

PXL_20230922_160722782.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230922_160722782.MP (resized).jpg

Bad Girls boots and plays, but had some weirdness with scoring and sounds. I'm wondering how much of that may be related to this:

PXL_20230921_235622485 (resized).jpgPXL_20230921_235622485 (resized).jpg

Is there anything else besides bad PROM that could cause the error, or should I just go ahead and order a new chip? Posted in the Bad Girls club thread, but not much going on over there.

Thanks.

#6320 7 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

It means its failing its checksum, so if you had an eprom burner you could read what you have in and compare to a known good copy (you will have to search the web for these... they are out there.)
You would have more issues if you had addressing or data bus issues (which might also report this) but if the game boots and does something it's likely a corrupt eprom.

thanks for the quick response. I do not have an eprom burner, but have been interested in getting one. Is there one you would recommend?

#6323 7 months ago

thanks all!

#6324 7 months ago

OK, I guess now I need to ask about a good source of chips too

1 month later
#6386 5 months ago
Quoted from LJ666:

Anyone know what gauge wire to use when building a new system 1 A1J1/A2J2? Are the wires 16AWG?
[quoted image]

see note at bottom of image. 18 gauge.

1 month later
#6430 3 months ago

The slings and the pops are on the same return in the switch matrix, they are the only things on that return. I would check that line and connector. Page 35 in the manual

#6435 3 months ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

i recently picked up a Counterforce and the previous owner had 27" legs on the front and 28.5" (gold WPC even!) legs in the rear. it actually plays quite well that way but i'm fairly certain factory spec'd 27" legs all-around.
is this a common "mod" for Gottlieb games of this era? my previous experience is System 3's and they definitely need the correct height on all four corners.

It's an easy way to get more pitch without having leg levelers stick out a mile. Most of my system 1 and 80 games are setup this way.

#6437 3 months ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

thanks! do you know what the intended pitch is? of course Gottlieb doesn't list it in the manual. not that i'm likely to set it to that, but i'm curious now.
i'm sure i'll come across several more issues as i slowly go through this machine but i'm excited to finally have a Couterforce!

Gottlieb was generally feet all the way in, then level side to side as necessary. late EM machines they state that ends up at like 3.5 degrees, not sure I've seen a spec from them after that. adjust to taste I guess. Even with the longer legs in back I generally have the levelers out about an inch for somewhere around 6 degrees if I remember right.

1 week later
#6446 3 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Yeah, PBR doesn't have them either.

I think Action Pinball has a few in stock with the plunger attached. https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=16362

3 weeks later
#6474 69 days ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
I am working on a Hulk and I am left with one issue; some missing lights.
Boards are the OG ones.
All drains special lights excepts the leftmost one do not come up. Transistors test fine. Are they on the same chip?
Without the manual it's hard to troubleshoot, and being in Europe, an order to PBC only for this is a tad pricy

The special lights are all separate lamp numbers on connector A3J5-10 through -13 with -10 being on the left.

1 month later
#6514 34 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Stupid question alert.
Can the two five bank row of lights in Hulk pin be exchanged with single lamp sockets?

I put yoppsicles type lights in my Hulk for those

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jefferson, WI
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BorgDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club?tu=BorgDog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.