(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,787 posts
  • 542 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by pinballslave
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wingbolt (resized).jpg
Update 1 (resized).jpg
Update2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2384 (resized).JPG
IMG_2385 (resized).JPG
20210909_192031 (resized).jpg
20210909_192050 (resized).jpg
20210909_192019 (resized).jpg
a180eb21c03b3b08c0db0cb65dbc5e9008ee64bf (resized).jpg
20210908_230657 (resized).jpg
20210908_081515 (resized).jpg
20210908_081552 (resized).jpg
IMG_6279 (resized).JPG
42E63068-D557-4BFF-827A-9F3FE0FF28D5 (resized).jpeg
AB1E0202-CE5D-4BBD-82C4-0853DE81D7DA (resized).jpeg

There are 4787 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.
#4751 10 days ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

I have had this display for awhile. I do not remember when or where I obtained it. I guessing it is for a Gottlieb pin. Thus my posting it here. Apologies if mistaken.
The display is a 20 digit display that is 10.25 inch long and 1.75 inches wide at its widest points. There are two sets of ten pins on the edge with the glass nipple and two sets of nine pins on the other edge. This has never been installed. So I assume it is NOS. I do not know if if functions properly. (See attached images)
I’ll let it go for the cost of shipping. I just ask that this is something you need and will not be selling. If your interested, let me know.
Phil[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

sir you are correct, it is for certain gottlieb system 80b display, i think MA-644 and MA-999.
i can use it as a spare, pm incoming.
thank you.

#4752 10 days ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

My MGOW randomly just stopped kicking the ball into the shooter Lane. Coil looks fine, connections are good. The switch is working. Its not a fuse because all the other connected coils work. Im at a loss. Any help is appreciated

Test the associated transistor.

#4753 9 days ago

Does anyone happen to have a Hot Shots ramp they can shoot me a picture of? I am trying to determine what the broken end should look like when it is complete. Here is what I am talking about:

20210908_081515 (resized).jpg20210908_081552 (resized).jpg
#4754 9 days ago

I did a search in here and didn’t see it. Does anyone here burn roms? I was looking to get the Spring Break single ball free play Rom burned for my project machine. I also couldn’t quite figure out which is the right one (there are 3) on https://www.flipprojets.fr/Proms80B_EN.php

#4755 9 days ago

Only one of the spring break says it's 1 ball.... so that one.

#4756 9 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Only one of the spring break says it's 1 ball.... so that one.

I must have missed where the file descriptions were. I downloaded all 3 files with separate file extensions.

Astill reached out and is going to burn it for me.

#4757 8 days ago

It showed when I hovered over it it was the third one over for me.

#4758 8 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does anyone happen to have a Hot Shots ramp they can shoot me a picture of? I am trying to determine what the broken end should look like when it is complete. Here is what I am talking about:
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can get you one tonight. I think my ramp is okay there.

#4759 8 days ago

Actually mines not much better than yours.

20210908_230657 (resized).jpg

a180eb21c03b3b08c0db0cb65dbc5e9008ee64bf (resized).jpg

#4760 8 days ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Actually mines not much better than yours.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

These are actually helpful....my ramp didn't have the bump recess for the screw intact, so now I know I need to add that as well....so thank you!

#4761 7 days ago

Does any online shop have aftermarket MPU’s for System 80B? I ordered a Swemmer a few years ago, but can’t find any place with much of anything in stock now.

#4762 7 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This is the best I can get for pictures without pulling the ramp off. Hope it helps a bit.

20210909_192031 (resized).jpg
20210909_192050 (resized).jpg
20210909_192019 (resized).jpg
IMG_2385 (resized).JPG
IMG_2384 (resized).JPG

#4763 7 days ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

This is the best I can get for pictures without pulling the ramp off. Hope it helps a bit.

Fantastic, thank you!!

#4764 7 days ago

I'm missing the display mounting bracket for Bad Girls (part number 26103 in the manual). Any idea where I could buy one?

#4765 6 days ago

Im in the same boat right now. applejuice from Mypinballs makes an 80B mpu, i got in contact with them 2 wks ago and he said they will be putting together an order very soon to keep checking the website.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Does any online shop have aftermarket MPU’s for System 80B? I ordered a Swemmer a few years ago, but can’t find any place with much of anything in stock now.

#4766 6 days ago

Agent_Hero I also looked into doing a run of LISY80 boards yesterday. Like everything else it looks like the prices have gone up to have those done. Its still way cheaper but would need to have a few other people wanting a board. If there is some interest Id be willing to do the order.

#4767 6 days ago

I'm ok with waiting for the myPinballs board. I'm trying to get a Bad Girls up and running, but it can borrow from my Night Moves for now. I could really use a set of plastics for Bad Girls.

#4768 5 days ago

Had some people over. Volcano was on for an extended period. No longer displays correct credits. No longer retains High score between games. Shows 0t in credit window during play. Does show match number. Never runs out of credits. Shows correct ball in play.

Each game is the new high score. Starting a new game erases the last high score. Briefly shows 16,17 , 18 credits each time hst is rewarded at the end of each game.
Otherwise plays fine.

To be clear, i am not shutting it off between games.
Board has had acid damage and was repaired.
What IC holds this information?

#4769 5 days ago

Found it.
Z5 P5101L

#4770 5 days ago

Has anyone installed the 5101 nvram on 80a mpu?

#4771 5 days ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Has anyone installed the 5101 nvram on 80a mpu?

Yeah it's pretty straightforward. I think most is compatible

#4772 4 days ago

Thanks.
I will order one from pinitech.

#4773 3 days ago

Hey guys looking for some help on my Robo-War . Solenoid #3 is not working. This is used when a ball locks and then you can start multiball after hitting a stand up under the ramp.

Grounding the coil fires it.

F13 fuse is good.

Switch 76 is good.

In test mode, probing Z29 pin 10 pulses low and Pin 11 pulses high. Pretty sure thats correct.

Next down the list is the driver board, I made sure there is continuity between MPU and driver boards. Q54 tested good but i changed it anyway.

Here is where it gets alittle fuzzy for me. I checked Q3 driver on the 1A16 driver board and it checks out along with Q4 and Q7. Continuity from up stream is all good.

During game play when a ball is locked, the stargate lights and sound operate as its waiting for the standup target to be hit, once its hit it starts as if multiball is happening but it never kicks out.

Anyone have any ideas or should I just try and replace the Q3 transistor on the 1A16 board? What actually activates the hole kicker, is it the "S" coil?

Thanks for the help

#4774 2 days ago

Well i just found and changed out the Q3 transistor and thats a no go. Still nothing.

#4775 2 days ago

Anyone have pictures of the translite lock mechanism. Is there a lock bar on the top of the trans light?

#4776 2 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Anyone have pictures of the translite lock mechanism. Is there a lock bar on the top of the trans light?

the orignal translite lock had a two and half inch offest cam that's unobtonium, these may work although a bit shorter...
ebay.com link: LOT OF 5 Offset Cam 1 2 offset Replacement 2 inch Cam LATCH 2400065130596

#4777 2 days ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

the orignal translite lock had a two and half inch offest cam that's unobtonium, these may work although a bit shorter...
ebay.com link: LOT OF 5 Offset Cam 1 2 offset Replacement 2 inch Cam LATCH 2400065130596

Cool. Is there a locking channel on the top of the translite or does it somehow just slide over the top of the glass?

#4778 1 day ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

same size as the leg bolts just a couple inches taller works for me.

Thanks, does anyone know the correct size or if any vendors sell them? Thanks for the help.

#4779 1 day ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, does anyone know the correct size or if any vendors sell them? Thanks for the help.

3/8"-16 (coarse thread) 3-1/2" long standard hex head bolt. any hardware store should have them

#4780 1 day ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Cool. Is there a locking channel on the top of the translite or does it somehow just slide over the top of the glass?

it slides over the top of the translite and blocks it from moving upward.

#4781 1 day ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

it slides over the top of the translite and blocks it from moving upward.

Perfect. Thank you!

#4782 1 day ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

3/8"-16 (coarse thread) 3-1/2" long standard hex head bolt. any hardware store should have them

Ok thanks for the help! Didn't know they came with different coarse thread. My local hardware store seems to have a lot of #2 or #5 course zinc plated, but #16 doesn't seem common.

pasted_image (resized).png
#4783 1 day ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok thanks for the help! Didn't know they came with different coarse thread. My local hardware store seems to have a lot of #2 or #5 course zinc plated, but #16 doesn't seem common.[quoted image]

16 is the thread size. Coarse is 16 thread, fine is 20 for 3/8" bolts I believe. The #5 in that one looks to be the strength, grade 5, there is also grade 8, those are both higher rates strength, the grade 2 is just your standard strength bolt which is all you need.

#4784 22 hours ago

If anyone is sick of their Rock/Rock Encore translite and plastic pieces, Mr_Tantrum made me a custom speaker panel decal, new plastic pieces and target decals based on the band The Clash. If you want the translite, send me a PM and I will put you in touch with the printer.

Update 1 (resized).jpgUpdate2 (resized).jpg
#4785 21 hours ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone is sick of their Rock/Rock Encore translite and plastic pieces, Mr_Tantrum made me a custom speaker panel decal, new plastic pieces and target decals based on the band The Clash. If you want the translite, send me a PM and I will put you in touch with the printer.

That turned out awesome!

#4786 21 hours ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Does anyone know what the bolt types are to lock the Gottlieb head in place? Thanks for the help!

Are these the right ones? PB Resource has them. wingbolt (resized).jpg

Wing Bolts -Long

These are used on the inside of the backbox to secure it to the cabinet.

WINGBOLT-LONG

$2.60ea

http://www.pbresource.com/Stargate.html

#4787 1 minute ago

I stumbled on this club when I was looking for some info on Punk! Thought I'd drop by and say hi, and introduce myself as a fellow Gottlieb fan... having BH, HH, Spiderman, Circus, Volcano, Sinbad, Diamond Lady, TX Sector, Arena, Surf 'n' Safari and... that might be about it... Sadly these games are STILL in storage waiting for me to get my act together and sell off games so I can get out of gridlock... I will get there though!!

Anyone here got Lights... Camera... Action! ? It looks like a really good game, but have never seen one in the flesh!

There are 4787 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside