I have read a lot but not all of the thread so I'm fairly sure my problem is a little bit different and so i thought I would post it.
Buck Rogers. Was working perfectly just a few days ago.
Power it up - All GI and everything come on, no 5 second delay, all displays show zeros but they are not strobing (Small display showing Credits and Ball in Play is blank at power up). No buttons or coins do anything. No test button, no start button, etc.
If I wait almost exactly 60 seconds it goes into TILT, all GI and PF lights go off but it kicks a ball into the shooter lane and small display comes to life showing credits and Ball in Play as 1. I can plunge but nothing works, no flippers, no scores, once it drains it kicks another ball until I complete ball 3 and it goes to game over.
Things I have tried:
- Removed and tested all fuses
- Tested all Diodes in circuit, replaced two that did not seem correct.
- Reseated all connectors on all boards
- Soldered a jumper across I think it was C2 on the MPU to bypass slam Tilt.
- Checked all the pinouts from the Power board and verified the correct voltage. Checked the voltage at the MPU and verified its within spec 4.9V and -12V
- I do have power to the coin door and various other places I checked.
- wiggled all wires at all connectors (not display connectors as they seem fine and I know they can be easily damaged) to see if I could get any kind of intermittent change in anything as would be expected if its a bad connection or something.
Anything I should try or is it time to order up a new all-in-one board for lots of $$?