(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 131.
#301 10 years ago

Somebody in this club got a line on an Alien Star for me? Blownfuse got me hooked on his!

#302 10 years ago

C'mon Krull owners... don't neglect this thread!

#303 10 years ago

What are some remote-battery options for sys80s?
(show pics !)
-mof

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Somebody in this club got a line on an Alien Star for me? Blownfuse got me hooked on his!

The sounds of Spirit are still haunting me, I'd go Spirit over Alien Star hands down.
-mof

1 week later
#305 10 years ago

I need space in my basement and am seriously thinking of selling my Robo-War.It's a great game but I need to downsize and sell a few.

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I need space in my basement and am seriously thinking of selling my Robo-War.It's a great game but I need to downsize and sell a few.

how much?

#307 10 years ago

The previous 2 I've seen sell both were on EBay and sold for 1100.00 each.This one is in very good condition,especially the playfield.I HOPE to get a little more than that.
They don't come around too often.
I'm kind of new at the pinball world.
Is that price unrealistic?

#308 10 years ago

As much as I love it, I've listed my Genie in the marketplace. Click the little '2' hand next to my avatar to see the listing. I've just got way more pins than space.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Is that price unrealistic?

More than I am willing to pay but that does not mean others won't

#310 10 years ago

I wouldn't sell my RW for that, not a chance...

mine is in exceptional shape...

If these 80B games said B/W's on them they be in the 2's now...

And i think alot of them are WAY more fun than B/W's games

#311 10 years ago

Just added a Stargate to my Gottlieb line-up!

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What are some remote-battery options for sys80s?
(show pics !)
-mof

I don't use batteries anymore...SuperCap is much better.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Relocating_the_battery_from_the_MPU_board
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#313 10 years ago

i just got a Gottlieb Monte Carlo, can i join the club?

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from JAG63:

i just got a Gottlieb Monte Carlo, can i join the club?

shut up stupid ! LOL

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I don't use batteries anymore...SuperCap is much better.

But then its like your married to the thing and ya have to turn it on once a month.

Regular Batteries gives you a special day each year.

I wish the nvrams were cheap.

is that a 1.5F 5V cap?

#316 10 years ago

OK i just have to ask. Who has a machine that THUNKS. My BH has every time it has been powered up for over 10years.

I just saw that John at Flippers updated the thunk fix and was going to do and document how it turned out. But now I am to believe that they all don't do it. I am so confused. I want a better answer before I go hacking my board.

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Who has a machine that THUNKS. My BH has every time it has been powered up for over 10years.

Ditto for my Star Race for over 15yrs. I don't believe I've ever had a system80 that didn't thunk when turned on.

#318 10 years ago

I just uploaded a short 30 sec. vid of a BH that I'm working on at the moment (I'll delete it later). No thunk at start up, just like almost all of my games.

Steve

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I just uploaded a short 30 sec. vid of a BH that I'm working on at the moment (I'll delete it later). No thunk at start up, just like almost all of my games.
Steve
» YouTube video

Nice Steve.
I'm sure the first ones that Rockwell/Gottlieb designed didn't thunk either, or they would have fixed it.

Some of mine don't thunk either. It's luck of the draw with each driver board. Some driver boards thunk, others don't.
One of mine thunks, including the ball release coil, which allows a ball into the shooter lane.

I haven't implemented John's hack. Too much work for small gain. But I was thinking about another method the other day. Let me noodle on it some more.
--

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

But then its like your married to the thing and ya have to turn it on once a month.
Regular Batteries gives you a special day each year.
I wish the nvrams were cheap.
is that a 1.5F 5V cap?

Yes...it's a 1.5F cap.
1F works too.
I do have one of Rob Anthony's AnyPin boards in my RoboWar. It's very nice!
--

#321 10 years ago

I am of the opinion that there must be something else at play when it comes to the thunk or they all (or all of one title) would have this issue from the start. If so, it might be something as simple as a switch being too close or a drive transistor for the tilt or game over relay starting to fail. There has to be a common reason why some do and some don't thunk, it may be component degrading over a period of time causing it, or even heat/resistance somewhere at a connector.

Steve

Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I'm sure the first ones that Rockwell/Gottlieb designed didn't thunk either, or they would have fixed it.
Some of mine don't thunk either. It's luck of the draw with each driver board. Some driver boards thunk, others don't.

#322 10 years ago

I'd love to join this club. Anyone in the STL region have a cheap project machine to spare?

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I do have one of Rob Anthony's AnyPin boards in my RoboWar. It's very nice!

Yeah but those are like 35 bucks right?

Good to know about the Cap working well in Gottlieb as I turn my machines on often enough that it should not be a problem.

Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I haven't implemented John's hack. Too much work for small gain. But I was thinking about another method the other day. Let me noodle on it some more.

Well now that he has a picture and I am understanding that you do not need to hack all the 74175s it now seems well worth the effort. Just a couple for your specific title. It is to bad Steve doesn't have a game that Thunks, he could compare, swap driver boards and/or CPU and see which one is the culprit. Different board number, coin counter diodes still in or removed etc..

I did not even realize that it was a wider problem than just BH and HH. I am used to the sound now but it really isn't right ya know.

And I know what is going to happen, I am going to the MOD then a week later CH or SC are going to say did you change that one cap to Xuf. Simple fix.

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from Wobblychairs:

I'd love to join this club. Anyone in the STL region have a cheap project machine to spare?

That is no way to get into the club. First you have to search IPDB of all the system1-80 games. You have to pick out your favorite. Then search for a couple months for that title only. Then you have to drive a minimum of 500 round trip and it has to be totally non-working. The site seeing and fine dining along the way optional.

That is a trip I will never forget! nor regret.

#325 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

That is no way to get into the club. First you have to search IPDB of all the system1-80 games. You have to pick out your favorite. Then search for a couple months for that title only. Then you have to drive a minimum of 500 round trip and it has to be totally non-working. The site seeing and fine dining along the way optional.
That is a trip I will never forget! nor regret.

I accept this mission. I won't let you down!

#326 10 years ago

Did you go down and look at Matt's game yet?

Steve

Quoted from Pinballrus:

#327 10 years ago

Having 6 from the list with more desired must mean I should be here.......something about the system 80's is almost irresistible ...... My line up. Incredible Hulk, Close Encounters, Cleopatra, Asteroid Annie, Black Hole and Volcano. Hoping for a decent priced Charlie's Angel to come strolling by sometime as well as Devils Dare.

#328 10 years ago

Nice, welcome to the gang.

Steve

Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Having 6 from the list with more desired must mean I should be here.......something about the system 80's is almost irresistible ...... My line up. Incredible Hulk, Close Encounters, Cleopatra, Asteroid Annie, Black Hole and Volcano. Hoping for a decent priced Charlie's Angel to come strolling by sometime as well as Devils Dare.

#329 10 years ago

So when are going to do the pinside BH tournament? No money just scores and bragging rights. I think it would be fun. Yes your going to be on your honor posting scores.

#330 10 years ago

Working on a Big House-
System 80B... Is there a "freeplay" setting?
Thanks in advance.

#331 10 years ago

I don't believe so since it uses the same basic CPU board that all System 80's use. I think you'd have to add it and I don't know if there's a modified U2/3 free play floating around for 80B like there is for 80 and 80A.

Steve

Quoted from ryan1234:

Working on a Big House-
System 80B... Is there a "freeplay" setting?
Thanks in advance.

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

So when are going to do the pinside BH tournament? No money just scores and bragging rights. I think it would be fun. Yes your going to be on your honor posting scores.

Good idea.

LOL, gimme a week or so to get mine back and up and running!

Apparently we have to have two different tournaments, since we have a few 3-ball and a few 5-ball owners.

-mof

#333 10 years ago

My BH is running BH2K software. Lane change, spot change, hurry up bonus, easier 2 ball multi and ball save I believe. Would this be excluded from the tourney?

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

My BH is running BH2K software. Lane change, spot change, hurry up bonus, easier 2 ball multi and ball save I believe. Would this be excluded from the tourney?

Is that the same software that the highly modified BH I saw at the TPF was running?
If so, I'd love to give it a try.
--

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

that would be neat. I do not have. got a video??

just ver 2 rom for me right now.

3 ball 5 ball I don't care I just thought it may be fun to try.
Let me know what day time is good for everyone and what number of balls to set up for

#337 10 years ago

BH for bounty hunter or BH for Black hole, what we talkin about Willis?

#338 10 years ago

Big Hurt apparently.

Steve

Quoted from Gerry:

BH for bounty hunter or BH for Black hole, what we talkin about Willis?

#339 10 years ago

I'm so confused.
Just play whatever game you want to, and don't worry about the score. Everyone gets a hug and a trophy, it's 2014.
-mof

#340 10 years ago

I thought it w

Quoted from blownfuse:Big Hurt apparently.
Steve

No No Steve, it is Big House of course!

#341 10 years ago

When I park my cursor on any "BH", it says Big Hurt so I'll stand with that (Robin can't be wrong).

Steve

Quoted from CNKay:

No No Steve, it is Big House of course!

#342 10 years ago

Interesting so we need to find out what the official BLKH acronym is.

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Interesting so we need to find out what the official BLKH acronym is.

There's an acronym thread. We should post / thumbs up there.

Shouldn't the acronym go to the machine most talked about in a group? (big hurt, black hole, big house, etc.)

-mof

#344 10 years ago

Question:

Which sys80 plays most like Black Hole, but has no upper or lower PF ?

The punchiness, open space, and drops of Black Hole are really nice, wondering what an ideal second Gottlieb would be for me. My guess is Devil's Dare, but I've never played it.

-mof

#345 10 years ago

Eclipse- BH with no lower pf

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=756

#346 10 years ago

Damn, that's cool. 193 units made, I won't hold my breath for one -- what would be the 2nd best choice?
-mof

#347 10 years ago

Mars God of War looks to be a good game. But have never really played. Panthera is good open PF with drops, and nice art but much slower set to stock slope for some reason. I have this title.

#348 10 years ago

I think blownfuse has got you hooked. Now we just need a term for the Gottlieb addicts.

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Now we just need a term for the Gottlieb addicts.

Suckers?

(ducks)

#350 10 years ago

Is there another sys80 like Black Hole that has pops in the middle of the field, or the outlane, that can hurt you? 3 of the 4 pops in Black Hole are your enemy. I like that.

-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 131.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.