(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,539 posts
  • 650 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by bajm
  • Topic is favorited by 322 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png
IMG_20240211_193049 (resized).jpg
IMG_5720(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 131.
#2651 5 years ago

Finally got around to converting my Roller Disco over to black light LEDs in an attempt to recreate the original black light prototype. If memory serves, the prototype had a full leagth black light fixture on either side of the playfield. These were removed before final production but the the black light inked playfields were already finished. I used the more expensive 5 led black light LEDs from Titan to achieve the look as well as glow bands and a glow ball. The camera has trouble showing the look correctly but you get the idea.

20190111_155911 (resized).jpg20190111_155911 (resized).jpg
#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Finally got around to converting my Roller Disco over to black light LEDs in an attempt to recreate the original black light prototype. If memory serves, the prototype had a full leagth black light fixture on either side of the playfield. These were removed before final production but the the black light inked playfields were already finished. I used the more expensive 5 led black light LEDs from Titan to achieve the look as well as glow bands and a glow ball. The camera has trouble showing the look correctly but you get the idea.
[quoted image]

Nice! I've always loved the art on that game.

#2653 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

basically just cut that zip and screw the bar to the lock mech, it has a square hole in the end, make sure it's the right direction first. Here is a couple pics of mine first one in open position, second one in locked. note in the locked position you can't have the light board all the way open it will hit the bar.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like they disconnected it to prevent accidentally locking it (did it have a key?) then strapped it to the other part so it wouldn’t get lost until someone wanted to repair (like you!)

#2654 5 years ago

Hey srcdude! Yeah, the lock was completely removed. Maybe I should be careful adding it back. I'd hate to lock myself out of the backbox...but I can't resist...must repair...OCD kicking in. Good observation!

#2655 5 years ago

Any suggestions out there? Looking to have a Gottlieb Rock Game Rom burned that has Freeplay patch installed.

#2656 5 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Any suggestions out there? Looking to have a Gottlieb Rock Game Rom burned that has Freeplay patch installed.

https://www.flipprojets.fr/Proms80B_EN.php

#2657 5 years ago

[quoted image]

That looks stunning - super work!

#2658 5 years ago

Added a new game to my Gottlieb early solid state lineup today ... Mars God of War

Gottlieb SS (resized).jpgGottlieb SS (resized).jpg
#2659 5 years ago

I have a tech issue with my Night Moves and I hope I can get some insight from the team. Here's what the lower rollover R-O-C-K lights look like at the start of each ball:

20190224_190616_resized (resized).jpg20190224_190616_resized (resized).jpg
20190224_190622_resized (resized).jpg20190224_190622_resized (resized).jpg

The R light works, but it behaves opposite of all the others. The O-C-K lights start lit and, when their switches are activated, they go out. The R starts unlit and when its switch is activated, it turns on.

What's up with that? Is there a dipswitch or something I should adjust?

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I have a tech issue with my Night Moves and I hope I can get some insight from the team. Here's what the lower rollover R-O-C-K lights look like at the start of each ball:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The R light works, but it behaves opposite of all the others. The O-C-K lights start lit and, when their switches are activated, they go out. The R starts unlit and when its switch is activated, it turns on.
What's up with that? Is there a dipswitch or something I should adjust?

Did you put LEDs in these locations? A lot or pins don’t like them in the roll overs areas. If so, switch it back to old school bulbs and see it the problem goes away.

#2661 5 years ago

So nobody knows why my board won't boot with the diode for TC1 in place? It's the same if the reset board is plugged in or not. If the diode across the pins on TC1 is present it doesn't boot.

#2662 5 years ago

Anybody use the test boards from http://www.flipprojets.fr? I'd like to grab a couple but they are unresponsive to my messages and mostly out of stock. I'd love an opinion if I should pursue this

#2663 5 years ago

Did you put LEDs in these locations? A lot or pins don’t like them in the roll overs areas. If so, switch it back to old school bulbs and see it the problem goes away.

I tried an incandescent bulb and a different LED bulb in the same socket and got the same result. I also tried the same LED bulb in a different socket and it works fine. What's really weird is that during attract mode and other light shows, it behaves fine - it only functions in reverse during gameplay.

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I put LED's in the 1, 2 and 3 inserts because to replace the bulb in 2 I had to desolder the leads to the socket because the wires were way too short. Didn't want to have to do that every time to replace the bulb. Inserts 1 and 3 turn off when hit in game but 2 does not (usually. I think I've seen it turn off once?). It does however turn off in lamp test as well as attract mode. Anyone got any ideas why it would turn off then but not in game?

So i've got some additional info on this issue I'm having. Apparently the 2 insert (lamp 34) will turn off when lamp 45 turns on. This is true even if lamp 34 is supposed to be on, it will still turn off if lamp 45 turns on. I put the oscilliscope on 2 of the leads on Q35 (the transistor for lamp 34) and in attract mode I can see the transistor turning on and off. Same in test mode. I can even pause the test in test mode and see the transistor turn on/off. Or at least i can see the 2 pins go high at the same time and then back to low. Perhaps I'm not understanding things right there.

Either way how could it be possible for this lamp to be on all the time except when lamp 45 turns on? How would lamp 45 turning on turn off lamp 34? If these lamps were on the same IC i'd suspect the IC but they're on totally different chips. I'm well past my current electronics knowledge here and hoping a more seasoned vet can enlighten me.

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I tried an incandescent bulb and a different LED bulb in the same socket and got the same result. I also tried the same LED bulb in a different socket and it works fine. What's really weird is that during attract mode and other light shows, it behaves fine - it only functions in reverse during gameplay.

That is strange. Gottlieb did some weird things wiring wise and Night Moves is an obscure game. Maybe another Night Moves owner can chime in. This might be normal operation.

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

So i've got some additional info on this issue I'm having. Apparently the 2 insert (lamp 34) will turn off when lamp 45 turns on. This is true even if lamp 34 is supposed to be on, it will still turn off if lamp 45 turns on. I put the oscilliscope on 2 of the leads on Q35 (the transistor for lamp 34) and in attract mode I can see the transistor turning on and off. Same in test mode. I can even pause the test in test mode and see the transistor turn on/off. Or at least i can see the 2 pins go high at the same time and then back to low. Perhaps I'm not understanding things right there.
Either way how could it be possible for this lamp to be on all the time except when lamp 45 turns on? How would lamp 45 turning on turn off lamp 34? If these lamps were on the same IC i'd suspect the IC but they're on totally different chips. I'm well past my current electronics knowledge here and hoping a more seasoned vet can enlighten me.

Just curious. Does this problem exist if all the bulbs in question are incondecent bulbs?

#2667 5 years ago

Just curious. Does this problem exist if all the bulbs in question are incondecent bulbs?

I haven't tried that yet because i wanted to exhaust my options before i had to unsolder the lamp socket again to change the bulb. I would think it would be the same but I'll let you know when i get to a chance to test that.

One more thing I just found out. Looking at the other transistors there's a sine wave present on one of the pins while the transistor is off. When the transistor is on this pin goes low. The problem transistor does not have this sine wave and instead is always low. When the other pin goes high the pin that should have the sine wave goes high as well.

#2668 5 years ago

A question for you guys..

I have a friend of mine who has quite the stash of system 80 games (Pink Panther, James Bond, and Circus), and we were discussing the finish on the playfields. Did Gottlieb put any kind of clear coat on these games before they left factory?

I was under the impression that the industry practice at the time was just to paint the playfield. He seems to think there was some kind of lacquer applied at the factory. He would like to do some clear coating of the playfields, but he is concerned that if there is lacquer, it will react with the new clearcoat.

#2669 5 years ago

So i put incandescents back in. Actually didn't have to unsolder the wires since i rerouted the wire when i changed the lamp before. Actually gave me room to bend the bracket enough to change lamps. Regardless it didn't change anything. Same behavior with no LEDs in the machine. At this point I'm pretty sure Q35 is bad but I don't understand why the insert turns off when Q46 turns on. Below are some images of my readings with the scope. I can't figure out how to comment around the pictures so I'll just describe them below as well.

Edit: Oh one thing I forgot to mention is that using my DMM I get values within spec and that match other transitors for Q35. Can it still be bad and read the correct values in diode test?

Images

1. Q36 off
    2. Q36 on (collector goes low when base goes high)
    3. Q35 off (both collector and base low. This is also what it looks like when Q46 is "active")
    4. Q35 on (base goes high and collector goes up slightly. I assume from leakage?)
    Channel 1 Config

Position: Top
      Setting: 2 volts/div
      Pin: Base
    Channel 2 Config

Position: Bottom
      Setting: 5 volts/div
      Pin: Emitter
Spring Break Q36 off (resized).jpgSpring Break Q36 off (resized).jpgSpring Break Q36 on (resized).jpgSpring Break Q36 on (resized).jpgSpring Break Q35 off (resized).jpgSpring Break Q35 off (resized).jpgSpring Break Q35 on (resized).jpgSpring Break Q35 on (resized).jpg

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

So i put incandescents back in. Actually didn't have to unsolder the wires since i rerouted the wire when i changed the lamp before. Actually gave me room to bend the bracket enough to change lamps. Regardless it didn't change anything. Same behavior with no LEDs in the machine. At this point I'm pretty sure Q35 is bad but I don't understand why the insert turns off when Q46 turns on. Below are some images of my readings with the scope. I can't figure out how to comment around the pictures so I'll just describe them below as well.
Edit: Oh one thing I forgot to mention is that using my DMM I get values within spec and that match other transitors for Q35. Can it still be bad and read the correct values in diode test?

Images

Q36 off
Q36 on (collector goes low when base goes high)
Q35 off (both collector and base low. This is also what it looks like when Q46 is "active")
Q35 on (base goes high and collector goes up slightly. I assume from leakage?)

Channel 1 Config
Position: Top
Setting: 2 volts/div
Pin: Base

Channel 2 Config
Position: Bottom
Setting: 5 volts/div
Pin: Emitter

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok - This is what I would do. Transistors can be bad and test fine on the multimeter. They are cheap so I would just replace any in the circuits that you are having issues with. If you tested your old school bulbs in all the sockets in question at once your problem is most likely in the transistors. If you tested the sockets one at a time and then returned the LEDs after it passed you might still have an LED issue. Gottliebs hate having LEDs in certain sockets. It causes all sorts of strange lighting problems. These problems are most prevalent in the OEM driver board. After market boards are less problematic.

#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

A question for you guys..

Cannot answer if system 80's had clear lacquer on them or not. I have always believed they did.
I have had 4 system 80s, an 80A and an 80B.

I clear coated a Volcano ( 80A) with 2K 2PAC and it looks fabulous.Look for it in the Volcano club thread.
I clear coated a Circus with Varethane and it looked fabulous.
They both were very colorful games and stood up well. I still have the Volcano.

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Did Gottlieb put any kind of clear coat on these games before they left factory?

Absolutely they did. Easy way to tell is if you have insert wear you can see the clear on the insert will be worn away around the edges. It's noticeable on my Counterforce.

#2673 5 years ago

Ok - This is what I would do. Transistors can be bad and test fine on the multimeter. They are cheap so I would just replace any in the circuits that you are having issues with. If you tested your old school bulbs in all the sockets in question at once your problem is most likely in the transistors. If you tested the sockets one at a time and then returned the LEDs after it passed you might still have an LED issue. Gottliebs hate having LEDs in certain sockets. It causes all sorts of strange lighting problems. These problems are most prevalent in the OEM driver board. After market boards are less problematic.

Gut feel it that there shouldn’t be any sine waves anywhere. Hard to tell from the picture but looks like the “sine” wave is rectified... ie bottom half of the sine wave is flipped up to positive (by the bridge rectifier) and its a series of bumps... not a sine wave. Anyway, that signal should be relatively flat. A capacitor should be in the path to hold the bumps at the top end of that voltage with only a little ripple across the top.

So I’d say your bottom two photos look more like what I’d expect to see... flat signals with no oscillations superimposed .

If you are applying an oscillating level to the bulbs, then from “dc” point of view it will see the average of that voltage level somewhere in the middle... what is the voltage level on the dvm when you measure it when on and off?

I’d need to dig or maybe someone can chime in but I would expect all levels to be flat dc levels. Maybe not general illumination, but certainly all the stuff controlled by circuit board electronics (and I really think GI is dc too).

So... I’d check caps that are on the voltage supplies that are supposed to turn your rippling rectified voltage signal into flat dc.

If for some reason they are really applying oscillating levels to lightbulbs then I’d check ground connections between boards because the ground level will determine where the average voltage of the oscillating signal will level out at.

Hope that helps

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Gut feel it that there shouldn’t be any sine waves anywhere. Hard to tell from the picture but looks like the “sine” wave is rectified... ie bottom half of the sine wave is flipped up to positive (by the bridge rectifier) and its a series of bumps... not a sine wave. Anyway, that signal should be relatively flat. A capacitor should be in the path to hold the bumps at the top end of that voltage with only a little ripple across the top.
So I’d say your bottom two photos look more like what I’d expect to see... flat signals with no oscillations superimposed .
If you are applying an oscillating level to the bulbs, then from “dc” point of view it will see the average of that voltage level somewhere in the middle... what is the voltage level on the dvm when you measure it when on and off?
I’d need to dig or maybe someone can chime in but I would expect all levels to be flat dc levels. Maybe not general illumination, but certainly all the stuff controlled by circuit board electronics (and I really think GI is dc too).
So... I’d check caps that are on the voltage supplies that are supposed to turn your rippling rectified voltage signal into flat dc.
If for some reason they are really applying oscillating levels to lightbulbs then I’d check ground connections between boards because the ground level will determine where the average voltage of the oscillating signal will level out at.
Hope that helps

There are no capacitors for the lights or even coils for that matter. Gottlieb engineering was very special apparently. The only capacitors are for 12v and 5v logic from what I can tell. I guess this explains why my meter would get readings anywhere between 24v (which is what it is labeled as in the schematics) and 37v for coils when I was trying to diagnose things before.

#2675 5 years ago

Quick question. Does the head on Gottlieb Spiderman come off, or fold down? This will make a difference on how I need to plan to pick one up.
Thanks!

#2676 5 years ago

The head has four bolts that hold it on, just be sure to unplug your harnesses and color code if you're not familiar with Gottlieb 80's pins.

#2677 5 years ago

Those bolts are readily accessible behind the back glass in the head.

#2678 5 years ago

What category of display issue might this fall under? It’s the only display doing this.

2973E73F-D185-47B1-8EC0-8DC084CD292D (resized).jpeg2973E73F-D185-47B1-8EC0-8DC084CD292D (resized).jpeg
#2679 5 years ago

Hey everyone, new to this club with a recent Gold Wings purchase. Cleaned it up this week and was playing the hell out of it tonight, then this trough coil locked up. Looking through the manual, I’m not sure what this is called specifically or where it’s located on the schematics. Initial thought is the transistor went out.
Anyone know what this is officially called so I can find it in the schematics and try to find the transistor to test?

37F16D1B-2951-44DF-A838-98890B6C5EA2 (resized).jpeg37F16D1B-2951-44DF-A838-98890B6C5EA2 (resized).jpeg
#2680 5 years ago

That would be the ball release.
Check the transistor under the playfield.
Also check the pull-up resistor.
Otherwise is could be L12 (Q13) on the driver board.

Goldwings (resized).jpgGoldwings (resized).jpg
#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

That would be the ball release.
Check the transistor under the playfield.
Also check the pull-up resistor.
Otherwise is could be L12 (Q13) on the driver board.[quoted image]

I think this is the transistor you’re referring to. I tested it a few different ways and only get a reading when the positive is on the emitter. I feel like I should be getting a read with the negative lead from the meter on the casing and the positive lead on the pins but I’m probably wrong.

0C0FE994-EFD6-4EE0-9082-B0D732CC2685 (resized).jpeg0C0FE994-EFD6-4EE0-9082-B0D732CC2685 (resized).jpeg687C3D26-EAF9-4E53-BE36-0344A2629F24 (resized).jpeg687C3D26-EAF9-4E53-BE36-0344A2629F24 (resized).jpegAF50310B-4F18-43F9-B93A-B6D10A0755AC (resized).jpegAF50310B-4F18-43F9-B93A-B6D10A0755AC (resized).jpeg33548CEB-F6F3-4EFA-A6E3-C360DBAAC6A5 (resized).jpeg33548CEB-F6F3-4EFA-A6E3-C360DBAAC6A5 (resized).jpeg4110AC37-8A66-499C-8A82-FDBAD364820B (resized).jpeg4110AC37-8A66-499C-8A82-FDBAD364820B (resized).jpeg
#2682 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I think this is the transistor you’re referring to. I tested it a few different ways and only get a reading when the positive is on the emitter. I feel like I should be getting a read with the negative lead from the meter on the casing and the positive lead on the pins but I’m probably wrong. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just realized I was testing it backwards. In the pic I’m testing PNP. This is NPN.

I’m so used to Bally this Gottlieb has me mixed up. Im getting 620-640 readings both ways. I’m assuming this transistor is fine.

#2683 5 years ago

Did you see if the coil is getting power? If not it's probably the fuse under the playfield. There should be a fuse that protects that coil and 1 other coil. Gottliebs have a crap ton of fuses.

#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Did you see if the coil is getting power? If not it's probably the fuse under the playfield. There should be a fuse that protects that coil and 1 other coil. Gottliebs have a crap ton of fuses.

It locks on. Fuses are good. Under playfield transistor and Q13 on board test fine. I took the board out and reflowed the solder on the transistor just to be sure there wasn’t any cracks after they tested ok. I’m guessing there’s a short somewhere??? Still trying to find the resistor mentioned earlier.

Tried manually grounding transistors. No changes.

EDIT: I pulled the board again to test the resistors and tried Q13 again. I’m getting readings at 900 on both E and C. Looks like I found the problem. Thanks guys

#2685 5 years ago

ok searching online for NPN 40v 2amp transistors and getting some crazy results... seems like this transistor isnt as popular as others and the prices are all over the place. Where are you guys finding this particular one for MPS-U45? Any compatible replacements?

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

ok searching online for NPN 40v 2amp transistors and getting some crazy results... seems like this transistor isnt as popular as others and the prices are all over the place. Where are you guys finding this particular one for MPS-U45? Any compatible replacements?

The current replacement is CEN-U45 and only available from mouser, digikey or futureelectronics. I've never heard of the last one but they have the cheapest price and I was probably going to be ordering from them sometime in the future.

https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/discretes--transistors--bipolar-transistors/cen-u45-central-semiconductor-4957429

#2687 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I just realized I was testing it backwards. In the pic I’m testing PNP. This is NPN.

It's PNP

#2688 5 years ago

I noticed the knocker is missing it’s fuse on this Gold Wings. I’m still learning how to read schematics, could someone confirm if I traced the knocker to a 8amp fuse?

3C36D54F-2943-4A0D-929D-53DC227C0F27 (resized).jpeg3C36D54F-2943-4A0D-929D-53DC227C0F27 (resized).jpeg
#2689 5 years ago

That fuse covers the 24v dc for all of the coils. There's a box at the bottom underneath the fuse you circled that outlines what all the fuses are in the bottom of the cabinet.

#2690 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

That fuse covers the 24v dc for all of the coils. There's a box at the bottom underneath the fuse you circled that outlines what all the fuses are in the bottom of the cabinet.

I was looking at that but still couldn’t determine what size fuse it’s takes from what’s listed.

That being said I’m not recognizing how that indicates it’s the fuse for all coils. I’m trying to make sense of what I’m seeing here but it’s not clicking.

#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I was looking at that but still couldn’t determine what size fuse it’s takes from what’s listed.
That being said I’m not recognizing how that indicates it’s the fuse for all coils. I’m trying to make sense of what I’m seeing here but it’s not clicking.

Ah ok yeah it requires an 8 amp slow blow. I'm going by what the box says since it says "solenoids +24vdc" that means that it's for all the coils. That fuse goes to the bridge just to the right of it to generate the 24vdc and it appears it also connects in parallel to send 27vac to the playfield for some reason.

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Ah ok yeah it requires an 8 amp slow blow. I'm going by what the box says since it says "solenoids +24vdc" that means that it's for all the coils. That fuse goes to the bridge just to the right of it to generate the 24vdc and it appears it also connects in parallel to send 27vac to the playfield for some reason.

Ok so it does take an 8 amp fuse, perfect thanks! but how I traced it wasn’t correct. I noticed the line from the knocker goes to the bridge but that was the only fuse connected to something the wire from the knocker had. Is it me or is there not a fuse drawn for the knocker?
I guess this is where I get so discouraged by these things.

#2693 5 years ago

Most games don't have a lot of fuses and the fuses protect multiple things. Though Gottlieb games do tend to have a crap ton of fuses and fuse either individual coils or a couple of coils together. Coil fuses are mostly on the underside of the playfield. I'm going to bet that the knocker coil though doesn't have it's own fuse since it's not a "playfield" coil. Your manual should outline all of the fuses and what they do. You shouldn't need to read the schematic to figure that out.

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I noticed the knocker is missing it’s fuse on this Gold Wings. I’m still learning how to read schematics, could someone confirm if I traced the knocker to a 8amp fuse?

Yes, you are correct.
The knocker is the number one burned coil in Gottlieb games.
Most of the time when you get a Gottlieb game the knocker has been cut or burned nice and crispy.
It's one of the coils Gottlieb didn't fuse seperatly.
Just add a fuseholder near the knocker coil and put in a 1A slo-blo fuse.

And yes, the 8amp fuse is the main fuse for ALL the coils.

#2695 5 years ago

I’m in with the Increadable Hulk. $300 needed a power supply and a good cleaning

84431EEA-2415-4E98-B263-972851B62E5F (resized).jpeg84431EEA-2415-4E98-B263-972851B62E5F (resized).jpegF2F2E47E-BF15-46F9-9F99-947EEEB834F4 (resized).jpegF2F2E47E-BF15-46F9-9F99-947EEEB834F4 (resized).jpeg04E59DE5-58A7-4937-B862-47CD0F8BAC10 (resized).jpeg04E59DE5-58A7-4937-B862-47CD0F8BAC10 (resized).jpeg95F9E4E4-82C9-4742-8F3F-891EEDD0CA5C (resized).jpeg95F9E4E4-82C9-4742-8F3F-891EEDD0CA5C (resized).jpeg
#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from Qman97:

I’m in with the Increadable Hulk. $300 needed a power supply and a good cleaning

Nice score on Hulk. I just got mine together yesterday after a few months in the shop.

IMG_20190302_163842 (resized).jpgIMG_20190302_163842 (resized).jpg
#2697 5 years ago

The sound went out on my Buck Rogers machine when I turned it on today. I've had it for a couple of months without any other problems. Everything is original except for a Ni-Wumpf CPU board and the LED lights I put in. There still is the normal humming sound coming out of the speaker. I've check the 1 amp sound fuse in the bottom board and reseated J1 in the power supply, J1 in the sound board and J6 in the CPU board. Anything else I should check?

#2698 5 years ago

Hi all,

I'm working on a Haunted House and I am getting a low resistance reading on the main playfield flipper coils: about 1.6 ohms. Is this normal?

#2699 5 years ago

When turning on Gold Wings, I usually see all the flasher bulbs turn on, hear the fan in the siren for a split second, then some kind of beep boop noise from a board, then it goes into attract mode. Every once in a while Ill turn it on and the flashers stay lit and the siren starts going and it just stays like that, doesn't finishing booting so I turn it off and back on again a few times then it boots. I thought reseating the PROM 1 and PROM 2 on the MPU might help but it still intermittently does this. Also every once in a while mid game itll reboot, only has happened twice. But rebooting 2 times in 10 days seems like enough to be considered a problem.

Any other chips I should reseat or any connectors I should consider looking at in the back box?

#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Hi all,
I'm working on a Haunted House and I am getting a low resistance reading on the main playfield flipper coils: about 1.6 ohms. Is this normal?

The manual has a coil chart and lists the A-17875 main at 2.8 ohms. It is possible someone put higher power/lower ohm coils in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wind Point, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 131.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club/page/54?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.