(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 131.
#951 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

images_(resized).jpg

It's really not that great. I put too much into it and a don't play it. No one has even made an offer on it. I'd sell with the original boards, nos plastic, decent cab/glass/playfield. Players machine. I can't sell for $400 with a $315 pascal board(it's not for sale for $400)

#952 8 years ago

Hey RCA1, finally cleaned out and made a game room. That Cleo has to go!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#953 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

No one has even made an offer on it.

Yeah, I saw your ad here and on CL. Was tempted to contact you but I already have more games than I have room. May have to sell something myself but I have issues letting anything go.

Game room looks sweet!
Love the Sorcerer...........
but you gotta be in the Gottlieb 1-80 club!

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

It's really not that great. I put too much into it and a don't play it. No one has even made an offer on it. I'd sell with the original boards, nos plastic, decent cab/glass/playfield. Players machine. I can't sell for $400 with a $315 pascal board(it's not for sale for $400)

Sell the pascal separate, that's easy to do. You'll never get the value for the Pascal leaving it in a game, i've learned that lesson.

#955 8 years ago

Is El Dorado city of gold in this club? i didn't see it listed

#956 8 years ago

nevermind I added it

#957 8 years ago

Restoring this title

#958 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#959 8 years ago

A Game play video of the Genesis that I restored.

#960 8 years ago

TX TX TX

Video of a few games of TX Sector, couldn't seal the deal on multiball though. Will upload mulitball video one of these days.

#961 8 years ago

Owner of a fully restored Volcano (it was stored in a very damp and dirty garage for a couple of years before i got it) here.

2 weeks later
#962 8 years ago

hi all! I am a newbie here, but have owned my Gold Wings for 20 years...and it needs some help. I spent half the day reading this great tread and now am totally overwhelmed with information overload. I don't know what half of you guys are saying about half the time, so I guess I am understanding about half of half the great info here. So thanks for the information. My GW is dead right now and I have just started to work it out. I found one blown power fuse...all the others check out OK. I just stopped at the drug store for a big bottle of isopropyl alcohol and a I am gonna start cleaning her out. I have so much enjoyed her over the years, as have my kids and not my grandkids are into it. SO I better get it fixed up.

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

image_(resized).jpg

That is nice! I played one of those is college (way too much) and spent years looking for one before my wife bought me the Gold Wings for my 40th birthday. I didn't even know it was a Gottlieb. I'd love to see your playing vid when it is done

#964 8 years ago
Quoted from Bruce56:

hi all! I am a newbie here, but have owned my Gold Wings for 20 years...and it needs some help. I spent half the day reading this great tread and now am totally overwhelmed with information overload. I don't know what half of you guys are saying about half the time, so I guess I am understanding about half of half the great info here. So thanks for the information. My GW is dead right now and I have just started to work it out. I found one blown power fuse...all the others check out OK. I just stopped at the drug store for a big bottle of isopropyl alcohol and a I am gonna start cleaning her out. I have so much enjoyed her over the years, as have my kids and not my grandkids are into it. SO I better get it fixed up.

Alcohol leaves residue behind and might be too harsh for some plastics and paint. First, I typically vacuum everything inside and out using a Micro Vacuum Attachment Kit. Then I typically use simple green as a general cleaner (except for the playfield--it's water-based so it can raise the grain of the wood), and use and naphtha on the playfield.

A few starting places:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Post-Purchase_Checklist
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_Restoration
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

#965 8 years ago

I am using the alcohol for the metal. I need to buy some other stuff I learned about today to do this right. Thanks for the links! The good news is that I cleaned the contacts up a little and saw a spark on the fuse I replaced yesterday. Cleaned the contacts and reinstalled the fuse and she lit up like a pinball machine should. Thanks for all those of you who have contributed to this forum...now I am truly motivated to get her cleaned up right and have a better idea what I am doing...and how little I know

#966 8 years ago

You can get Naptha at Home Depot, i had ordered mine online, was just at HD the other day and realized it's sitting there on the shelf

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

You can get Naptha at Home Depot, i had ordered mine online, was just at HD the other day and realized it's sitting there on the shelf

You can buy naptha at walmart also.

#968 8 years ago

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGG! I had just finished the post yesterday and had left the machine turned on in the next room when all of a sudden the SIREN (normally activated for 5 seconds when you hit one of the side chutes or set a new high score, I think) started screaming and wouldn't quit. After I got the dog settled down I had to shut it off to silence it and it comes back on whenever I turn it back on. I remember this happening once before and don't remember (it is hell to get old, but beats the alternative) how to stop it. Work has interfered for now, but if anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it.

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from Bruce56:

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGG! I had just finished the post yesterday and had left the machine turned on in the next room when all of a sudden the SIREN (normally activated for 5 seconds when you hit one of the side chutes or set a new high score, I think) started screaming and wouldn't quit. After I got the dog settled down I had to shut it off to silence it and it comes back on whenever I turn it back on. I remember this happening once before and don't remember (it is hell to get old, but beats the alternative) how to stop it. Work has interfered for now, but if anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it.

You should try posting a new thread on this. Not everyone will see your question buried in this big thread.

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

You can buy naptha at walmart also.

Who shops at Walmart?

#971 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Who shops at Walmart?

Well unfortunately they have put everyone else in town out of business over the years. So they are about the only game in town around here.

#972 8 years ago

Gang:

I recently picked up a Gottlieb System 80 that is missing one of the four head brackets (see bottom RH corner in the photo). Does anyone have a spare one of these lying around that I can purchase/"borrow"? If you have any leads, please hit me up with a PM.

Thanks in Advance!

Xeneize

bracket_(resized).jpgbracket_(resized).jpg

#973 8 years ago

I have one if you still need it. Mike

#974 8 years ago

So I am finally getting around to working on my project Totem and it turns out my small transformer is kaput.

Does anyone have a working small transformer they would sell me for a system 1?

Thanks in advance!

#975 8 years ago

just picked up a hh this weekend and the cpu is trashed. I'm in need of a working cpu if anyone has one they are willing to sell.

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

just picked up a hh this weekend and the cpu is trashed. I'm in need of a working cpu if anyone has one they are willing to sell.

Hollywood Heat (80b) or Haunted House (80) ?

#977 8 years ago

Hey All

I'm bring my project Genie back to life. Getting close to powering on for the 1st time.
Could someone please post a pic of the wiring for display connectors A1J2 and A1J3....
Mine have been replaced at some point (not the most professional job) and don't seem to match what I see in the schematics.

Thanks heaps!
PRUE

#978 8 years ago

Just brought this home today. Sys80 # 6 for me.

IMG_20160220_230736_(resized).jpgIMG_20160220_230736_(resized).jpg

#979 8 years ago

Watch out, your collection is looking more like mine every week. Nice score, tune it up right and it'll never leave. Does it need anything? I have extra plastic parts for AS.

Steve

Quoted from Jabbles180:

Just brought this home today. Sys80 # 6 for me.

#980 8 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

Hollywood Heat (80b) or Haunted House (80) ?

haunted house.

#981 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Watch out, your collection is looking more like mine every week. Nice score, tune it up right and it'll never leave. Does it need anything? I have extra plastic parts for AS.
Steve

You ruined me man! Haha. I need you to come tune it up right. It's yours that got me hooked in the first place.

It actually came with a complete set of plastics, new lane guide plastics, NOS price/rule cards, pop bummer skirts and the manual. I think I'm set.

Still working for a counterforce and a spirit! Wink wink.

#982 8 years ago

I help where I can. I'm glad that those System 80 games I've always enjoyed are now catching on with others.

Steve

Quoted from Jabbles180:

You ruined me man!

#983 8 years ago

I'm fixing a System 80A game for a friend of mine and I just discovered that it's missing this bracket assembly under the instruction card holder. I have the solenoid, I just need all the moving parts. Any System 80 game that is multi-ball will have it. If anyone has parted out a playfield and has these parts, please PM me. Thanks,

Steve

WP_005536_(resized).jpgWP_005536_(resized).jpg

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I'm fixing a System 80A game for a friend of mine and I just discovered that it's missing this bracket assembly under the instruction card holder. I have the solenoid, I just need all the moving parts. Any System 80 game that is multi-ball will have it. If anyone has parted out a playfield and has these parts, please PM me. Thanks,
Steve

WP_005536_(resized).jpg

There aren't any current auctions for one on eBay, but there is one for an entire sys3 trough assembly.
I have no association with this eBay seller, but jcs1976 always seems to be parting out sys80/a/b machines and they might be able to hook you up with the part.

#985 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Steve

WP_005536_(resized).jpg

Steve Young at Pinball Resource should have one.

#986 8 years ago

Okay, here's a question I'm just throwing out there. I assume I have a fuse issue or something, haven't gotten to test or check the meter but just trying to get a rough diagnosis in case there's something else I might want to look for.

System 80B. Game powers on, displays come on, GI & attract lighting (but not all lamps) come on. No sound. Game takes credits, and starts, but no solenoids kick on so the ball won't launch. Bumpers & poppers seem to have no power. Same with kickouts, etc. so I'm assuming it's all on the same general circuit (or 2).

Anything specific I should check? Thanks in advance!

P.S. - I just created a topic for this under Tech so I don't clutter up this thread with my repair issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80b-help-needed

#987 8 years ago

Joining the club! Just won an auction for a Night Moves here, so I'll be one of the lucky few in Australia to own one

While I'm here, does anyone know if the power supply can be switched between 110 and 240V? I figure that it can be, but it's hard to find information. Rather do that than pony up for a converter.

#988 8 years ago

Mario (Pinthetic) helped me with the part and I now have it installed. On to fixing other problems now. Thanks to those that sent me a PM about the part.

Steve

Quoted from blownfuse:

I'm fixing a System 80A game for a friend of mine and I just discovered that it's missing this bracket assembly under the instruction card holder. I have the solenoid, I just need all the moving parts. Any System 80 game that is multi-ball will have it. If anyone has parted out a playfield and has these parts, please PM me.

#989 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Okay, here's a question I'm just throwing out there. I assume I have a fuse issue or something, haven't gotten to test or check the meter but just trying to get a rough diagnosis in case there's something else I might want to look for.
System 80B. Game powers on, displays come on, GI & attract lighting (but not all lamps) come on. No sound. Game takes credits, and starts, but no solenoids kick on so the ball won't launch. Bumpers & poppers seem to have no power. Same with kickouts, etc. so I'm assuming it's all on the same general circuit (or 2).
Anything specific I should check? Thanks in advance!

If it's anything like a System 1, check the connection from the MPU to the driver board, the driver board itself, and the connection from the driver board to the playfield.

#990 8 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

check the connection from the MPU to the driver board, the driver board itself, and the connection from the driver board to the playfield.

I'll do that - I just had the board professionally done, so perhaps I didn't get something seated all the way in. I did make some progress, F4 fuse was blown, so I have some solenoids and the sound back. I just moved my question over to the Tech boards so I don't clutter this thread up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80b-help-needed

Thanks for your suggestion!

#991 8 years ago

Hi guys,

i'm a happy owner of a Gottlieb Striker in perfect shape (after few hours of ground wiring and fuse changing )
Mine was missing the SC-01, so no speech, and it's playing the US anthem (Sound ROM 675-S2).
By any chance, is there another striker rom owner to get the french anthem instead (Sound ROM 675X-S2), even a swapping with another owner ??
(yes, i'm french ^^)

#992 8 years ago

Well i had the bros over for a G&B (game & beer) evening and one of them pats me on the shoulder when i was standing and talking to another bro and tells me that my Volcano smell like burnt electrics!

Ran over and unplugged, and started to open up the backbox and the smell got stronger + smoke vafted out, nothing looked out of the ordinary/burning bright in the backbox so i let my nose wander down into the cab and lo and behold one of the bumper coils where like turning into melted cheese.

So i opened everything up, aired out the putrid smoke and unsoldered the red-hot coil (i had to use gloves to even touch the metal holders), naturally the only shop in Sweden didnt have the coil Gottlieb A-1496 so i had to order from Germany.

First time ever for me that a coils burns, gave me a fright LOL

#993 8 years ago

I am looking for a working system 1 three tone sound board. The simple one that was used in Solar ride, count-down, etc. PM me if you have one for sale.

#994 8 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I am looking for a working system 1 three tone sound board. The simple one that was used in Solar ride, count-down, etc. PM me if you have one for sale.

UGG! Put a chime box in instead. Or: Pascal's board has the tone generators built in and then you can get back some of the cost by selling your working CPU board!

#995 8 years ago

Hello,

Looking to see if anyone has or knows a lead on a spare six-digit score display for my Haunted House.

Thanks!!!

IMG_20160302_184255298[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160302_184255298[1]_(resized).jpg

#996 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

UGG! Put a chime box in instead. Or: Pascal's board has the tone generators built in and then you can get back some of the cost by selling your working CPU board!

I'm piecing a solar ride back together (to sell) and I have all the boards except a sound board! I was hoping that someone who already went the all in one route would have an extra sound board. Pinball resource didn't have any in stock.

#997 8 years ago

This chart works on all the system 1 early games have solid color code and later one have multil color codes . Hope you get your genie going

#998 8 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I'm piecing a solar ride back together (to sell) and I have all the boards except a sound board! I was hoping that someone who already went the all in one route would have an extra sound board. Pinball resource didn't have any in stock.

PM Sent

#999 8 years ago

I'm a recent Spirit owner and the previous owner told me that the legs on the rear should be longer (27" is standard for many), but Spirit takes 31" in the rear (and only on the rear just to be clear). Anyhow, I confirmed this with PBR, ordered, and just received them. This should make the ball move quite a bit quicker....

#1000 8 years ago

Woops... I now have 2 Haunted Houses... this second one fell into my lap as the icing on the cake in a great package deal. This one has a very nice playfield and a fixable backglass.
my second!my second!
Both my HH's are projects. I will probably fix and clearcoat them side by side. I'm thinking about keeping one original and customizing the other to speech and multiball, using Pascal's PI-80 X1.

All in good times though. Got other projects that will come first. I'm a lucky man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 6,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 131.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.