(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 131.
#501 9 years ago

Anyone in this Gottlieb Pinball Club bought lot #7 (of Gottlieb pins) from PPS (were part of Gene C.'s collection)?

I'll be passing through Illinois later this week and can possibly help with loading and/or transport.

#502 9 years ago

I didn't know about this, what is the list of games in lot #7? Were they all System 1 & 80?

Steve

#503 9 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments on the Rack 'em Up video, guys! Really makes all the work worth the effort! If you like the vid, remember to subscribe to my Youtube channel. More System 80-stuff coming up!

Quoted from woz:

What camera did you use - I really liked the close-up slow motion shots early in the vid.
I assume the spinner shot should make it to the top rollovers...did you fix that yet?

I used a Sony Alpha 3000.

The spinner shot should indeed normally make the rollovers. Most of the times it does, actually! Only in this video, it never happens. Go figure. Still, you're right. I have to fix that. Should go right every time.

#504 9 years ago

Great video; subscribed!

The rules seem pretty decent and a nice layout with that one, tough upper-left shot.

I'm usually the very last person to suggest this type of thing but, given the sound-effects, Rack 'em Up could really use a re-theme. Something spacey, where, instead of completing the 'rack', you have to 'shoot down the force shield' for some terrible alien space ship. I dunno.

looking forward to your TX video. One of my fav games. Trudeau Rulez!

#505 9 years ago

Looks like just over 1/3 of the PPS Lot #7 Gottlieb pins are ss type from late 70's to late 80's.
The rest are e-m's, and 1 Bally bingo game included.

*** Lot #7, Gottliebs ***
Game number Title Mfg Year
258 Abra Cadabra GTB 1975-11
271 Aloha GTB 1961-12
266 Big Brave GTB 1974
62 Big Hit GTB 1977-06
265 Big Shot GTB 1974
279 Bronco GTB 1977
19 Buck Rogers GTB 1979-12
18 Charlies Angels GTB 1979-01
75 Charlies Angels GTB 1979-01
283 Charlies Angels GTB 1979-01
108 Circus GTB 1980
77 Cleopatra GTB 1977-12
49 Diamond Lady GTB 1988-01
288 Duotron GTB 1974
290 Flip A Card GTB 1970
332 Flying Circus GTB 1961-06
70 Gold Wings GTB 1986-10
292 Hi Dolly GTB 1965
259 Jungle Princess GTB 1977
199 Key West (Bingo) BLY 1956
248 King Kool GTB 1972-02
260 King Kool GTB 1972-02
5 MIBS GTB 1969-10
274 Mustang GTB 1977
238 Out of Sight GTB 1975-01
36 Roller Coaster GTB 1971-07
244 Royal Flush Deluxe GTB 1983-03
261 Spin A Card GTB 1969-02
47 Spring Break GTB 1987-04
300 Spring Break GTB 1987-04
15 Top Card GTB 1974-09

#506 9 years ago

Hmmm... I just picked up a Gottlieb "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" that I'm just starting to clean up, so can I play in the club too? <g>

#507 9 years ago

I just missed out on a close encounters. I wanted to be part of the club. Maybe its a sign to hold out for a sys80 machine like I planned to do.

I may just have to head over to blown fuses so I can pose as a gtb guy.

#508 9 years ago

Nothing wrong with that, I need to finish putting down the game room floor (that I've been putting off doing for about 10 years).

Steve

Quoted from Jabbles180:

I may just have to head over to blown fuses so I can pose as a gtb guy.

#509 9 years ago

What type/config of battery do you guys recommend to use for system 80 ?

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Nothing wrong with that, I need to finish putting down the game room floor (that I've been putting off doing for about 10 years).
Steve

Is that a hint on whats going to happen if I end up at your house? Haha. That pesky floor! Something must be done about it.

#511 9 years ago

The new pins are cool, I like playing them. But there's just something special about System 80's, and I never even really played them as a kid. Hard to put a finger on it, just good 'ole pinball.

#512 9 years ago

I just use a 3.6V NiCad battery but install it on the end of 4' of speaker wire. Then drop the battery down to the bottom of the game.

Steve

Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

What type/config of battery do you guys recommend to use for system 80 ?

#513 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I just use a 3.6V NiCad battery but install it on the end of 4' of speaker wire. Then drop the battery down to the bottom of the game.
Steve

WoW that good idea better than a triple A battery box

#514 9 years ago

on a another note the Genesis is working strong now (thx again chris)

#515 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Steve

great idea! Where do you rec to get NiCads from?

#516 9 years ago

There's a place near me called Batteries Plus, they'll configure them any way you ask them to. The ones I use are 1.2V phone batteries (X3=3.6V). I have them put 6" staggered leads on them so I can install the speaker wire and shrink wrap the solder connection after. It ends up looking real nice this way. They even put the build date on the battery.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/

Steve

Quoted from Whysnow:

great idea! Where do you rec to get NiCads from?

WP_003433.jpgWP_003433.jpg

#517 9 years ago

love the idea and thanks. If you can share any pics that would be great (I am a visual learner).

#518 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

There's a place near me called Batteries Plus, they'll configure them any way you ask them to. I have them put 6" staggered leads on them so I can install the speaker wire and shrink wrap the connection after. It ends up looking real nice this way. They even put the build date on the battery.
Steve

show a pic and link so i can order the right stuff

#519 9 years ago

Pic and link in post above.

Steve

Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

show a pic and link so i can order the right stuff

#520 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Pic and link in post above.
Steve

thx steve your awesome

#521 9 years ago

Hopefully one of you sys 80 guys can help a brother out. I have a volcano and the fire pit light is out. I've replaced the socket but still measure 0VDC across the terminals. I've done continuity from the driver connector to the socket and that tests fine (have continuity). I've measured the transistor that drives that light and it seems to measure fine.

The question is what to check next? The board is a newer Ni-Wumpf so I'm thinking its not that, there's no sign of damage.

Not a huge deal, but having the extra ball indicator would be nice.

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

You were in NY you prick, you shoulda came over LOL

Sorry Gerry, he was showing me some love, we even went out to dinner!

#523 9 years ago

Hey, one of you Volcano owners, what does the yellow arrow pointing into the crater playfield do during play. Is it always on, flash, what?

2 weeks later
#524 9 years ago

Anyone here have a line on a System 1 game for sale? - I am looking for Annie in particular but also looking for all the other ones too

#525 9 years ago

Got my Bounty Hunter setup again after being at a show and it is just being a piece of work! It played perfectly when at the show and not one thing wrong was reported.

I get it back and setup and you turn it on and it kicks out a ball, no displays, and it sounds like its tilting. I have reseated connections, checked fuses. I just don't understand what could possibly be wrong now. It has been perfect since I got it.

#526 9 years ago

Tony, I would check your +5 LED on your power supply board, sounds like that may be flaky. Speaking of which, mine is doing close to the same thing and I'm looking for some power supply board advice myself. On my Black Hole, after a few games, the whole game will look on the coil reset and the lower playfield 4 drop bank will lock the solenoid half way and hold it until I shut it down. I checked and I'm losing the +5 as the LED gets really low and sometimes goes completely out. The R12 wirewound resistor gets really hot. Hot enough to burn your finger. I pulled the board and started doing some troubleshooting and I think the Q1 transistor is bad as I'm showing a voltage drop from C to B and C to E. Both of those should read OL. What is weird is Q1 isn't in the same circuit as R12. Q1 is in the high voltage section. R12 is in the low voltage section. Can anyone with experience with this board explain to me what I might be missing here? Thanks!

1 week later
#527 9 years ago

Clarification request please:

One my Gottlieb Sys 1 machines, some use coil A-5194 for pop bumpers and kicking rubbers, and others use coil A-1496. I also see it specified in the manuals like this.

Are these basically the same and can they be used interchangeably?

A.) Never. Bad idea, won't work or will fry something.
B.) Temporarily only
C.) Yes, ok to do so

#528 9 years ago

I am now the owner of a Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man. She needs a little electical work but playfield and box art in tip top. Was playing till 2 days ago but its all good. I wanted the new style CPU anyway and this gives me the excuse to upgrade it and make the machine as good as it can be!

#529 9 years ago

I'm not sure why the A-5194 is in the pop bumper, according to the coil chart, that coil is used for gongs. It will work in a pop bumper or kicker but it'll be a lot weaker. I'd switch the A-5194's out and install the A-1496's, the game will play better.

Steve

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Clarification request please:
One my Gottlieb Sys 1 machines, some use coil A-5194 for pop bumpers and kicking rubbers, and others use coil A-1496. I also see it specified in the manuals like this.
Are these basically the same and can they be used interchangeably?
A.) Never. Bad idea, won't work or will fry something.
B.) Temporarily only
C.) Yes, ok to do so

#530 9 years ago

Any tips on cutting lane guides to make them single-sided?

PBR doesn't have single-sided guides for certain colors (yellow, at least) and recommends you cut the double-sided guide. Sounded like a good plan when I ordered them, but now I'm not sure what's the best way to cut them without cracking, or other issues.
Any thoughts, and success stories, are appreciated. Thanks!

#531 9 years ago

here's a first....for youtube. My Punk!
they do exist...

#532 9 years ago

Got my NOS Annie playfield ... now just need an Annie to put her in

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
#533 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

photo.JPG 284 KB

Gorgeous! Please scan that Annie playfield...just in case CPR or John Greatwitch get a chance to remake it (unlikely but you never know)

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Gorgeous! Please scan that Annie playfield...just in case CPR or John Greatwitch get a chance to remake it (unlikely but you never know)

Its out to be cleared at the moment.. seems like many people would buy the PF just for the art alone...

#535 9 years ago

Ok spiderman is pissing me off now. on start up all i get is the 00 scores like it is ready to start. can not get it to take a credit. If I open the back glass and turn the display the bookkeeping switch works. If I do not do that it will not work. I am chasing wire. Which plug should I be able to test slam switch and coin switches?

#536 9 years ago

Also grounding needs to be done but I have ni wumpf mpu a boston pinball driver and a pi-fx sound

#537 9 years ago

Found the issue stopping the credits. A wire got caught and broke in the sheath on the coin door.

#538 9 years ago

Beautiful Count-Down for sale on ebay.. Never have I seen a better back glass

Not mine

ebay.com link: ws

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

photo.JPG 284 KB

Wowwwww , fantastic

1 week later
#540 9 years ago

#541 9 years ago

What is this sorcery?

#542 9 years ago

Touchdown at my place
WP_20140621_007.jpgWP_20140621_007.jpg

#543 9 years ago

Not sure where to find it but a driver board with led lights to tell us what is going on is a nice idea.

1 week later
#544 9 years ago

Well I have 2 now. Working on a Pathera and I have a running very fun Amazing Spider-man. Here are some pictures of Spider-man

DSCN5636.JPGDSCN5636.JPG DSCN5637.JPGDSCN5637.JPG DSCN5638.JPGDSCN5638.JPG DSCN5639.JPGDSCN5639.JPG DSCN5640.JPGDSCN5640.JPG DSCN5641.JPGDSCN5641.JPG DSCN5642.JPGDSCN5642.JPG
#545 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

photo.JPG 284 KB

WOW!!!!

Where for hell can I get a new Annie playfield?? I need one!!!

- Ingo

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

WOW!!!!
Where for hell can I get a new Annie playfield?? I need one!!!
- Ingo

Unfortunately - you probably cannot get one - Pinball Resource released their archived playfields which were limited to 1 of each title(not every title ever made, but around 50 or so)

You will need to just sell me your Asteroid Annie so I have a game to put this in

#547 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Unfortunately - you probably cannot get one - Pinball Resource released their archived playfields which were limited to 1 of each title(not every title ever made, but around 50 or so)
You will need to just sell me your Asteroid Annie so I have a game to put this in

Very hard to find - my AAATA is unsellable forever. You wanna sell your to me?

Got it from argentina, after I searched many years. Here is a photo, how it arrived at Düsseldorf airport:

AA packed.gifAA packed.gif

Here are some nice pics of mine:

http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/diverse-pinball-pics/bilder-asteroid-annie.html

WOW, what a wonderful machine that is!!!!

Have fun

- Ingo

#548 9 years ago

Nice collection you have there Ingo.

#549 9 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Very hard to find - my AAATA is unsellable forever. You wanna sell your to me?
Got it from argentina, after I searched many years. Here is a photo, how it arrived at Düsseldorf airport:

Here are some nice pics of mine:
http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/diverse-pinball-pics/bilder-asteroid-annie.html
WOW, what a wonderful machine that is!!!!
Have fun
- Ingo

WOW!!! She is quite nice!

Any chance you have your pictures not in flash slideshow? would love to have them as reference

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

WOW!!! She is quite nice!
Any chance you have your pictures not in flash slideshow? would love to have them as reference

Try to find the fotos and give feedback!!!

- Ingo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 131.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.