(Topic ID: 76841)

Home Depot has Ryobi Bench Grinders on sale

By Aladdin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-436.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Just picked up a 6" Ryobi Bench Grinder for $29.95. Not a bad price. Soooo this means I have to start polishing shi__ now. Thanks to those who showed how to buff on Pinside. You know who you are!image-436.jpgimage-436.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Just purchased an old school bench grinder from a guy that cleaned gun barrels with it for years.
    This thing has a motor like a tank and won't stop for Jesus.

I had a small grinder/buffer similar to the one pictured above and it would slow to a halt without much pressure at all.
    Hopefully that is a good one.

#3 10 years ago

That is cheep. Please report back and let us know how this works.
    I am a firm believer that older is better when it comes to tools. But if decent quality I will pick one up monday.

Thanks for sharing.

#4 10 years ago

I've got either that exact same model. WELL worth the money - never have looked back.

#5 10 years ago

So I set this thing up out of the box and started to buff my CFTBL ramp flaps.. They sparked a lot and then just disintegrated!? Am I doing something wrong?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

So I set this thing up out of the box and started to buff my CFTBL ramp flaps.. They sparked a lot and then just disintegrated!? Am I doing something wrong?

Thin steel heats up quickly.....go slower and you will not see sparks.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

Really? Is that a joke? You do know you need a buffing wheel to buff...right?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

LOL.

May want to try a buffer instead of a grinder...

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

Classic. Especially given OPs original comment:

Quoted from Aladdin:

Just picked up a 6" Ryobi Bench Grinder for $29.95. Not a bad price. Soooo this means I have to start polishing shi__ now. Thanks to those who showed how to buff on Pinside. You know who you are!

Perhaps those instructions were wanting of key details!

#10 10 years ago

I generally avoid Ryobi. But let us know how it goes!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

That is cheep. Please report back and let us know how this works.I am a firm believer that older is better when it comes to tools. But if decent quality I will pick one up monday.
    Thanks for sharing.

Seems like a lot of newer tools are disposable. I have some tools that were my grandfather's and they are still the best to use for any given project. Some of the older tools were built with pride and made to last.

#12 10 years ago

So the grinder wheels may be replaced by buffer wheels to buff? Cool.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

Classic. Especially given OPs original comment:

Perhaps those instructions were wanting of key details!

Wait, wait. So, are we saying he was serious? I assumed he was just f'n around and was going to give props for the jesting.

#14 10 years ago

Man, I thought those wheels were a little rough when I applied the buffing paste.

#15 10 years ago

I have one of those. I use it for light duty sharpening of woodworking tools. Recommend replacing the wheels with better wheels if you plan on using it for sharpening, but all in all it works and does the job.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-depot-has-ryobi-bench-grinders-on-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.