IMG_1243.JPG
image.jpg
unnamed.jpg
bly-c826-119.jpg
10539283966_8d786b968e_o.jpg
ChangeMachine.jpg
chest.jpg
changer.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Post Pics of your home machines that run on that run on Quarters/Tokens as well as token machines, just curious on who runs there machines like this

#2 9 years ago

all my machines take quarters...

most of them take nickles and dimes too...

#3 9 years ago

As you might expect, all my games have coin mechs ...

#4 9 years ago

My machines take quarters. Discourages me from resetting the game on a bad first ball, stops my kid from resetting the game by hitting the start button, stops people from inadvertently starting multi-player games, and, most importantly, brings back memories. I keep a dish full of quarters next to the games.

One of my games came with a stripped coin door. Had to collect parts to rebuild it.

#5 9 years ago

I have everything set up on 0.9" tokens (except Nintendo cabs with asahi coin mechs)

Im not sure what you want pics of; the games look the same whether on free play or coin play!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I have everything set up on 0.9" tokens (except Nintendo cabs with asahi coin mechs)
Im not sure what you want pics of; the games look the same whether on free play or coin play!

well token machines if you have them or whatnot

#7 9 years ago

Pins on Free Play

Pac-Man on 1 Quarter Per Play

#8 9 years ago

A guy I know in our pinball league is planning to switch over to token mechs and order/design his own custom tokens.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

A guy I know in our pinball league is planning to switch over to token mechs and order/design his own custom tokens.

I remember years ago...probably 10+ where the BYOAF custom made tokens with a group buy. I still have 500 of them.

#10 9 years ago

I thought I'd like this... I did it 2 years ago... But (to my surprise), I found it really annoying.

So I have coin mechs in my games but they are set to free play.

Maybe I need to try it again.

#11 9 years ago

The only thing I hate about free play is company usually hits the start button more then once (during match) and get confused on a a 2+ player game. Youngsters as well. Of course maybe match should be off in free play but they are usually fun.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

My machines take quarters. Discourages me from resetting the game on a bad first ball, stops my kid from resetting the game by hitting the start button, stops people from inadvertently starting multi-player games, and, most importantly, brings back memories. I keep a dish full of quarters next to the games.
One of my games came with a stripped coin door. Had to collect parts to rebuild it.

I share the same reasons. I found a cheap change machine that will dispense quarters when you push a button. It makes the gameroom feel like an actual arcade.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I share the same reasons. I found a cheap change machine that will dispense quarters when you push a button. It makes the gameroom feel like an actual arcade.

i need to find one of these... i just have quarters in bowls near the machines... a quarter dispenser would be WAY cool...

#14 9 years ago

You guys who use quarters, any issues with them disappearing? Or are kids/guests good about not taking them?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

You guys who use quarters, any issues with them disappearing? Or are kids/guests good about not taking them?

The good thing about having arcade parties is that the only people who show up are your friends.

With that being said, I usually end up with more quarters than I started with.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

I had somebody tell me he'd pay me for all the quarters he used.

1 week later
#17 9 years ago

Heres a video of my gameroom. Everything runs on chuck e cheese sized tokens. Even managed to score an old showbiz pizza time theatre token dispenser machine.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderstorm:

Heres a video of my gameroom. Everything runs on chuck e cheese sized tokens. Even managed to score an old showbiz pizza time theatre token dispenser machine.
» YouTube video

Heard several of your pins, as the came on, alert with errors. Wasn't sure if you repair your machines or have someone do it for you. Probably should check them out to see what is wrong. Could be batteries which could turn into a worse problem if they are dead and start to leak acid.

#19 9 years ago

» YouTube video

You have such an awesome setup, I've watched this video and the behind the scenes video before, pretty cool. I really like the Disney ramp up/down choreography and the token floor is great. And the Disney music sure brings back memories of going as a kid.

My games are free play now, but thinking of changing to coins just to hear some of the extra sounds when you insert coins and stuff. Since I leave the doors unlocked it would be easy just to open it and trip the coin mechs manually.

#20 9 years ago

All my games run on quarters. That's what they were made for..even if they are all my quarters!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

All my games run on quarters. That's what they were made for..even if they are all my quarters!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

sweet, do you have a deck set up in your gameroom looking at them records, or are they spares for a jukebox?

#22 9 years ago

I also have my machines on pay to play. Always have. Never with out rolls of quarters... But that doesn't mean I make people pay with their own quarters. But if they do it ok with me. Gives me a funding source for upkeep and improvements. Couple of years after I got the first one, I paid for the second one with the quarters put in to my CFTBL. Just cashed out my reserves to get PinballMikeD's creature LCD hologram 2.0 mod...

1 month later
#23 8 years ago

A little late to the party, I know.

I'm a fan of hearing the tokens/quarters being put into the machine. Such a great sound!

I have an old changer that still works, takes $1 bills and spits out tokens (.984)

I also have through out the arcade chests full of tokens. Medieval is the theme of sorts so the chests fit right in.

changer.jpgchanger.jpg chest.jpgchest.jpg
#24 8 years ago

I found a cheap change machine that will dispense quarters when you push a button.

I'd love to replace my dish-o-quarters with a machine. Do you have a picture?

#25 8 years ago

just look around on ebay, old changers show up every once in awhile
even one of those old small table top dollar bill changers you can usually get for less then $100,
mount a button on it to trigger it to release 4 quarters, instead of having to put in a bill

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I'd love to replace my dish-o-quarters with a machine. Do you have a picture?

I unfortunately no longer have it, but I'm actively looking for a replacement. I've been trying to find the type pictured below, but I can't seem to figure out what kind it is or who made it. Actually, I've also been wondering what pin is pictured next to it if anyone has any ideas.

ChangeMachine.jpgChangeMachine.jpg

#27 8 years ago

cheapest way is get something like this, mount it on the wall

ebay.com link: Arcade Coin Change Machine Laundry Mat Small And Easy To Transport

#28 8 years ago

cheapest way is get something like this, mount it on the wall
ebay.com link » Arcade Coin Change Machine Laundry Mat Small And Easy To Transport

It doesn't take up much room either.

#29 8 years ago

I unfortunately no longer have it, but I'm actively looking for a replacement. I've been trying to find the type pictured below, but I can't seem to figure out what kind it is or who made it. Actually, I've also been wondering what pin is pictured next to it if anyone has any ideas.
ChangeMachine.jpg

Someone needs to clean that room XD

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

Someone needs to clean that room XD

It's actually the arcade set used in Tron Legacy. Here's the full picture:

10539283966_8d786b968e_o.jpg10539283966_8d786b968e_o.jpg

#31 8 years ago

I have all my machines set to quarters, and have had it this way for a few years. I grab a roll of quarters when I remember (at the grocery store --- whatever) and I know that I am close to having enough quarters stocked away in the games to purchase another EM to add to the collection. This has taken a few years of accumulation but its super fun- and it keeps me playing... I must feed the piggy bank!!!

Obviously, this is not going to work for NIB or thousand dollar titles... but I love EM's and if I can get a new one every so often (years) by dumping my coin boxes out, thats awesome!

#32 8 years ago

I finally places an order for my electronic coin mech to slip back in my TZ. So when it arrive, it'll run on all US coins, not just quarters.

#33 8 years ago

I snagged a custom built quarter/token dispenser that was fabricated for Dallas area Putt Putt Golf and Games locations by some guy...it's a wood cube about 2 feet on each side, has a 11 key pad on it where you enter in how many tokens you want it to spit out, hit the pound button, and it somehow gets the coins out of the hopper inside, and plunks them out into a little metal dish. For a homebrew thing, it's suprisingly accurate most of the time, and no dollar bills required.

It's clearly hand-wired, and heavy as all hell... I have no idea how it was built, or how it works...I'd love to find it a new home that would appreciate it...it's just taking space in my place and I feel really guilty about throwing it in the dumpster, even though I only paid 5 bucks for it at an auction expecting it to not work at all.

#34 8 years ago

Cool guys set all their machines to take SBA dollars.

bly-c826-119.jpgbly-c826-119.jpg

#35 8 years ago

Dude that is such a good idea... Now I want to setup my games to take custom made tokens. Nate's Arcade LOL...

#36 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing your gamerooms fellow PinSiders!

#37 8 years ago

» YouTube video

Dude, you do a 2015 update

#38 8 years ago

If anyone is interested, I have a P/N from Happ for an electronic mech, compatible with WPC-95 and WPC-S systems that have the 10-pin DIL 'NRI' header.

Since I use my game (games, when I get a second one..) as a piggy bank, I throw all sorts of change in there. This mech will let me put in anything ($.05, $.10, $.25, $.50, $1) and have the game credit up using all 4 coin inputs. It can also be switched over to tokens - .900, .985, and .880, all on coin #1.

If anyone wants one for their game, I'll forward the P/N and how to order, they run about $100 a piece.

Just mentioning here since mine finally shipped.

#39 8 years ago

i'll be doing one soon, i've added more lighting, and sold off like 4 of those pins and replaced them

Eric

#40 8 years ago

That machine looks to be a rowe bc-12. Good machine, have one of my own.

1 week later
#41 8 years ago

My entire game room has been built with everything at commercial level so I've wanted a token machine and put all my machines on tokens. I just bought a token machine from kijiji. Takes 5,10 and 20s (Canadian currency) and the guy had a token hopper we put in.

Next I will mint custom tokens .

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

That machine looks to be a rowe bc-12. Good machine, have one of my own.

Did you mean the machine I posted about? I thought it looked similar but the text and slot areas are not exact. I don't know change machines well enough to track an exact match down.

#43 8 years ago

Cleaned up and ready to go. Placed it on top of the little fridge next to my juke. Getting custom tokens minted now. My plan is to have charity nights where all money inserted into the machine is donated to XYZ. I can also organize a self running tournament, pay to play, high scores are tallied at the end, prize pool distributed from token machine take.

All that's left is for me to get a coin dispensing belt .

IMG_1243.JPGIMG_1243.JPG

1 month later
#44 8 years ago

My tokens have arrived!

image15.jpgimage15.jpg

#45 8 years ago

Man, those look great! Who minted them?

#46 8 years ago

Man that looks awesome maybe ill do that someday depending on price

Good job

#47 8 years ago

I would have put "$10K by Christmas" on the reverse instead of "No Cash Value"

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Man, those look great! Who minted them?

A place in Canada not far from me.

http://www.mississaugamint.com/

I got them nickel plated, so they aren't the typical brass color. Nice and shiny.

#49 8 years ago

Just added custom price cards

image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

A place in Canada not far from me.
http://www.mississaugamint.com/
I got them nickel plated, so they aren't the typical brass color. Nice and shiny.

Care to share what it cost you and how many you got?

I'm looking to do the same thing, just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-arcades-that-run-on-quarterstokens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.