A26C2357-B432-41A1-8618-79D403D2F7ED (resized).jpeg
GOTG Node Boards (resized).JPG
SW Node Boards (resized).JPG
Aerosmith Node Boards (resized).JPG
IMG_5239 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #88 The update is present in GOTG Posted by mnpinball (6 years ago)

Post #100 List & comparison of note boards in stern games Posted by fosaisu (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballNut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago

This is great that Stern is sending out bulletins on how to make their games more robust and less prone to failure. Service bulletins have been a fact of life for pinballs since the early days, and for that matter part of pretty much every commercial product and even our cars.

Now I would really like to be on an owners list and just have these sent to me automatically, but I'll request them and install them. Easier than putting most cliffys on...

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

So if you have one of these machines do you contact stern for the parts? How does the process work?

I just called my distributor and asked them to order them for me. I only ordered one kit of each for each machine, so I'm hoping there are two sets in each kit. I'm thinking there is probably only one now so I may be ordering more later.

#108 6 years ago

Yeah, just as an FYI. I requested the kits and was told they'll send them out, but Stern is requesting the serial numbers for the games so I'll have to get those tonight. If you want to save a step, be sure to send the serial number along.

Honestly I just peeked through the coin door to see if I needed them and didn't see caps installed. Figured I could check it out better once the kits arrive.

1 month later
#183 6 years ago

OK, I picked up my kits from my distributor. I needed them for three machines, I got three kits of each type. The spacer kit actually has three spacers and zip ties in it and I believe I only need two for a single machine (Nodes 8 and 9). However, the capacitor kit only contains one cap with plugs. I'm guessing you really need two of these since there are two node boards that need the capacitor on them. If anyone knows of a common power to those boards let me know. I was going to poke around tonight, but pretty sure I need 3 more capacitor kits.

If anyone is ordering kits, you might as well have them send you two cap kits for each machine.

#204 6 years ago

I was able to install the spacer kit without much trouble on SW. I was worried about unplugging all the connectors, so I just unplugged a couple on each node board and installed the spacer while it was on the game. Really didn't stress the diode or transistors much and it worked after I did it

The cap kit was super easy to install, but you do need two caps per game. Apparently the first kits were put together with only one, the newer kits should have two caps in each kit according to Chas. I have a couple more kits being sent to me.

I'll be doing GB and AS tomorrow evening when the missing cap kits get here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballNut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holy-node-board-batman-and-ghostbusters-and-aerosmith-and-star-wars?tu=SilverballNut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.