(Topic ID: 32954)

Holy $hit ACDC Pro is Fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By thedarkknight77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So my first NIB and I chose ACDC Pro..........The first few nights I was kicking myself for not getting the Premium, but with every play, I am loving this thing more and more!!!! What a great bang for your buck! I have played the premium many many times and it is no where as fast as the pro. My average ball time is less than my JM ball times, which I once thought was the most brutal pin of all time.............Not anymore, ACDC takes the cake and it will kick your a$$ and you will love it!!!!!!! If you have the money though, go Premium........The light show and bell matter!

#2 11 years ago

that the same thing my buddy Derek keeps saying! i dont have enough time on the pro to tell yet. sounds like all versions of AC/DC has there perks! enjoy!

#3 11 years ago

Fastest game I've ever played. Keeps me coming back for more punishment!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have played the premium many many times and it is no where as fast as the pro.

That is a bit of an exaggeration. These are very similar in speed. Pro is a little faster but not by much. Not sure how the premium was setup that you played but mine plays just about as fast as any ACDC pro I have played.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

That is a bit of an exaggeration

You are correct, they both are extremely fast............Too much sugar before posting and this is wat you get.

#6 11 years ago

I have played BIB and Perm. The pro is a lot faster.
I am not saying faster is always better but it is what it is.

#7 11 years ago

Enough with the drugs. The Premium is just as fast as the Pro and is a much better game. End of story. I still can't get into this game, dislike the lower playfield, and wanted them to do much more with the design and game play which can be a big drainer most of the time. Also, dislike the cannon blocking right lane.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Enough with the drugs.

Yes you must have had enough drugs to say that.
The pro does not have a crossover ramp.
The Pro does not have a lower play field or a way to get behind the bell or under the ramp at the bell.
There is no question the Pro is faster with no drop targets.
I personally have fun playing both models of the game.
You need to put some time on a Pro and the prem there is no question the Pro is faster.
Faster is not always better just different.

#9 11 years ago

As someone stated.................Faster is not always better.

#10 11 years ago

still very fun to play

#11 11 years ago

Fastest pin that I have played too!!

#12 11 years ago

I'd say it's marginally faster than the Premium...it feels more punishing than faster.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Enough with the drugs. The Premium is just as fast as the Pro and is a much better game.

Have you played both Jack? The two pros i have played were much faster than the than the two LE's and one premium i have played. Just think about drops vs stand up targets. Every time it hits a drop target some of the momentum has been lost from the ball and inserted into the drop target, this does not happen to nearly the same degree with stand up targets.

That said both are great games and faster does not always equal better. Love the LE and if money wasnt an issue i would have one!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Have you played both Jack? The two pros i have played were much faster than the than the two LE's and one premium i have played. Just think about drops vs stand up targets. Every time it hits a drop target some of the momentum has been lost from the ball and inserted into the drop target, this does not happen to nearly the same degree with stand up targets.
That said both are great games and faster does not always equal better. Love the LE and if money wasnt an issue i would have one!

when you coming over to play mine again???

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

when you coming over to play mine again???

Soon!! havent got my fix in a while!! LOL. My machines are all packed in a corner now to make room for the christmas tree.

#16 11 years ago

must be a LARGE tree!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

The two pros i have played were much faster than the than the two LE's

Jason,where were the other machines?

#18 11 years ago

Well it is a Steve Ritchie. Fast should be his middle name.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Soon!! havent got my fix in a while!! LOL. My machines are all packed in a corner now to make room for the christmas tree.

There's no excuse for this...there is plenty of room underneath a pinball machine for presents

#20 11 years ago

Yes....yes it is.

#21 11 years ago

I own an LE and I got the chance to play a new pro last night at Derek's place. I have shopped out my LTBR with white rubbers and a fresh coat of wax and a good pitch

Let me tell you there really is no comparison. That's how much faster the pro is. Is silly fast,crazy fast , way too fast for me. So if speed is what you are looking for defiantly buy the pro

Great game , Hobbs

And no I still would want my LE

1 week later
#22 11 years ago

ACDC pro will always be the Van Hagar to the Premium/LE's Van Halen.

Doesn't mean we can't enjoy them both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holy-hit-acdc-pro-is-fast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.