So I'm just showing my son the EBD-LE I just got working as he was visiting for a bit and a brushed my hands between that and the Dr Who sitting across from it. I got a jolt but was luckily able to pull back. I knew that was electricity. Pulled out my DMM and surely enough rail to rail from the EBD to the DR Who (on two different plugs in the room) read just above 120 volts. Guess I'm lucky I just brushed and didn't get more of a shock.
At any rate, I haven't pulled plugs but considering that neither game has ever given me a shock I'm guessing before looking into it that someone swapped the wiring and that perhaps one of the floor plugs has hot wired to the common plug so that the ground for one side of the room is actually the hot for the house. Any other ideas on why my rails are wired to power more machines?