Quoted from DerGoetz:
I am new to Pinball and would like to learn what it is that one can do to tweak/ physically modify a scoop and ball guides. Any input would be highly appreciated.
Absolutely! The scoop, & this was pointed out to me by another Pinsider, is aimed too far to the right. When the ball ejects from the scoop it hits the rubber on the right & then bounces to the left outlane. So it appears that it needs to be aimed more to the right, but the opposite is what's needed.
I did 2 things to adjust it.
1) I loosened the screws on the bottom of the scoop & shifted it to the left.
2) Then I used a pair of channel locks to grab the top of the scoop & I slightly bent it left(not visible to the eye). Fixed! It shoots the ball on the left flipper every time now!
Quoted from luvthatapex2:
Actually, if you have ideas for tweaking from the factory you should pass them onto Andrew and his team.
This way things are corrected at the factory before the games ship and everyone wins.
I will for sure.
The adjustments were minor, but needed.
1) The scoop (mentioned above)
2) The right orbit need to be slightly adjusted back.
3) The left outlane that's is fed from the inner right orbit needed a slight adjustment down. When the ball was going fast (it usually is unless it's fed from the ramp exit) it would hit the bottom of the sling & then drain sometimes.
4) The leaf switches on the pop bumpers were too far apart. I wanted them more "active". Simple adjustment.
Overall it's been a fantastic pin, we love it! Minor adjustments were made, & no breakdowns what so ever. Customer service has been exceptional, & I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy from Heighway, & I can't wait for my Alien LE!