Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_04222.jpg
IMG_0420_(2).jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
#1 11 years ago

...Hiding under years of dirt and grime on that Pin-Bot I picked up last week. Wish I'd taken some good before pics. No ball swirls at all. Let's hear it for mylar installed on a fresh game. It's lifting in spots, but man has it done it's job, playfield looks new under there. Eventually will strip it off and clear this baby, but for now having fun playing. Just ranting here in happiness. Had no idea what it looked like under the dirt when I got it. Board set looks to be in same condition. Should be a super nice pin when I'm done cleaning her up.

IMG_0413.jpgIMG_0413.jpg IMG_0418.jpgIMG_0418.jpg IMG_0420_(2).jpgIMG_0420_(2).jpg

#2 11 years ago

That is a great pic of Uranus!

#3 11 years ago

Hey that looks pretty sweet! I just sold a Pinbot I got in a group deal with Monopoly. Powered on ,but needed a few things to get it fully going. Had the mylar and PF was in nice shape. Cabinet had seen better days, but hey I sold it for $450 so not bad at all for the buyer I'm hoping.

Keep up the progress, would love to see more pics!

#4 11 years ago

Nice...

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That is a great pic of Uranus!

#6 11 years ago

Congrats nice score

#7 11 years ago

I wouldn't have sold my Pinbot if it had looked that nice, heh. =\

#8 11 years ago

That playfield is amazing looking! Congrats.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I wouldn't have sold my Pinbot if it had looked that nice, heh. =\

My daughter found this guy. Saw it in an open garage door when we were driving by. Said what the hell, did a turn around and went over. Was a couple Harleys in the driveway and a few bikers hanging out, introduced myself and looked her over. After about a weeks worth of back and forthing worked out a deal. Guy said it was his father's and it was in the house the whole time he was growing up. Wife wanted it gone. Gotta love that

#11 11 years ago

Hey,

Just got the first game set up in the game room. This makes me think I'll set up PinBot next.

Luke

#12 11 years ago

Great surprise hiding under that dirt!

#13 11 years ago

Wow! You didn't touch up around the inserts? Amazing! You are very lucky!

viperrwk

#14 11 years ago

Wow, super find, wish I could find these kind of pins.

#15 11 years ago

Looks great? Just novus 2? Treasure cove?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

My daughter found this guy. Saw it in an open garage door when we were driving by. Said what the hell, did a turn around and went over. Was a couple Harleys in the driveway and a few bikers hanging out, introduced myself and looked her over. After about a weeks worth of back and forthing worked out a deal. Guy said it was his father's and it was in the house the whole time he was growing up. Wife wanted it gone. Gotta love that

Heh, it's the guys that marry women that can't stand pinball that give us the awesome deals. Their loss!

#17 11 years ago

Great score!!!!!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Looks great? Just novus 2? Treasure cove?

Didn't even hit the #2 yet, that was just a quick pass with Novus 1.

#19 11 years ago

Wow looks great. Pinbot was always a favorite. Mine is now in the loving hands of my nephew. A playfield swap is in progress.

#20 11 years ago

Wow excellent condition!

#21 11 years ago

Most pinbots, if not all, were completely mylar'd, which was nice. One of the best preserved machines from factory mylar, especially considering how popular pinbot was.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Most pinbots, if not all, were completely mylar'd, which was nice.

Never had a Pin-bot before, but the mylar was layed on nicely. If they shipped like that then Kudos to williams. I've got one pop with a non-mylared 1/4 inch ring around it and it is a circle of bare wood. Didn't notice it till I got the mini-playfield off. If it wasn't for the mylar the whole playfield could look that way. Not looking forward to removing it - there is a LOT, but glad it was there!

#23 11 years ago

Sweet score, looks super nice. Also awesome story of how you found it.

#24 11 years ago

not as good as what i found under my fh i just picked up.... lol someone left a peace pipe in there.

#25 11 years ago

Beautiful play field!

#26 11 years ago

How do the two eye out holes look?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Never had a Pin-bot before, but the mylar was layed on nicely. If they shipped like that then Kudos to williams. I've got one pop with a non-mylared 1/4 inch ring around it and it is a circle of bare wood. Didn't notice it till I got the mini-playfield off. If it wasn't for the mylar the whole playfield could look that way. Not looking forward to removing it - there is a LOT, but glad it was there!

Not sure the colors around there, but if they are hard to touch up let me know and I canget my buddy to touch it up for not too much

#28 11 years ago

yes very nice game

#29 11 years ago

How do the two eye out holes look?

Not too bad considering there is no mylar there, a couple trails that might magic eraser out.
Need a new decal on the visor - got some curling around edges, but the inside plastic is good. This isn't the best pic - just shot it glass on.

Not sure the colors around there, but if they are hard to touch up let me know and I canget my buddy to touch it up for not too much

Thanks will let you know when I get to that.

IMG_04222.jpgIMG_04222.jpg

#30 11 years ago

Awesome find. Love it

1 month later
#32 11 years ago

Been a bit, so quick update, Pin-Bot is now working 100% and no more error knocker going on. Had to fashion some unavailable items and fix several small issues, rebuild flippers, etc, but now plays like new. Still waiting on a couple items before the complete tear-down shop out, but in the meantime loving it.

#33 11 years ago

That does look good.

#34 11 years ago

Looks great, not sure how I missed that the first time.

#35 11 years ago

Beautiful !

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holy-crap-look-what-i-found and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.