New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 25336)

Holy Crap Batman - WH2O Topper Auction

By MikeO

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Slate
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 8 years ago

No way?! I'll sell the topper off my Whitewater if people are paying stupid money like that, hell I'll even throw in the light board and plastic shell.

#3 8 years ago

That is nuts to pay that price

#4 8 years ago

There were two ebay auctions in 2011 for WH20 toppers. Each sold in the $750 to $800 range. To my knowledge, this is the first ebay auction in 2012 for a WH20 topper. Demand is high. Supply is low. Not much more need be said.

#5 8 years ago

I wanna say nice Tr6

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from triadwatch:

That is nuts to pay that price

Especially considering that the decal isn't even centered ...

#7 8 years ago

Actually I'm surprised it didn't go higher. Imagine you got a White Water without a topper for $1,500. What is the game going for now? About $3K I think. So if you were lucky enough to get a "cheap" White Water without a topper, throwing $700 to get the topper makes perfect sense.

Now that White Water is selling for more bucks, I suspect the price of the topper will continue to go up and up until it is repro'd.

Duane

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I wanna say nice Tr6

Thanks, dude. Bought it about 18 months ago on ebay. The TR6 is a great car. Waited and waited and waited 'til the right one came along. Totally satisfied with the purchase. Paid $10K, BTW.

#9 8 years ago

WTF ??

Current bid is US $761.00 with 4d 23h left...

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

WTF ??
Current bid is US $761.00 with 4d 23h left...

The price is high because they is not a reproduction of it. There usually about 1-3 sold on ebay a year. Yes it's high, but if you want the topper you will pay if it's not on your game.

Probably end $850-900. Best Guess.

#11 8 years ago

Silly to pay that much. Its only a damm topper, big deal. I bought the cheap non moving repo and I never even pay attention to it. Would cringe if I paid $800 and never looked at the topper.

Rumor they may re-make some, would hate to be the guy who paid $800.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 11.00
$ 47.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside