(Topic ID: 229438)

HOLY arcade in DISREPAIR thread!

By tamoore

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181014_185614 (resized).jpg
    Slacker.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    w5nICzJ.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Normally, I pride myself in having all of my games in tip-top shape. But recently I've had games go crappy, and remain unfixed. Here's my embarrassing list at the moment. Post yours if you want...

Gottlieb World Series: 1st base never clears. When you hit a home run, you get at least two runs. Have worked on it, but it's not fixed yet.

Bally Fireball Classic: A bunch of playfield lights out. Have messed around with it a bit, but haven't found a clear reason.

Baby Pacman: Sound section failing startup test. I can get it to work by pushing the chips and reseating them, but it stops working again soon after.

Space Shuttle: Lots of weirdness in the sound section. Sound cutting in and out, rapid volume changes, distorted speech.

Diner: Half of the solenoids are out. Hoping this might be a fuse, but I haven't looked into it yet. Also has an IRQ interrupt error when it powers up, and I think this has to do with the display ribbon cable.

Judge Dread: Deadworld isn't moving at all. Gear box needs to be removed, cleaned and repacked. The motor isn't spinning free, so it's just completely stopped.

Cirqus Voltaire: Sling switches aren't reliable. They need to be replaced.

Goldeneye: The opto on the ball trough isn't working correctly, and seems to sense a ball that isn't in place, causing the upkicker there to endlessly fire. Curiously, unplugging it "fixes" the issue and the game works perfectly as far as I can tell, but it needs to be repaired correctly.

Apollo 13: Has had an intermittent DMD in the previous weeks, but seems to be working fine. I did reach in there and mess with some connections, and that might have "fixed" it, but it remains under suspicion.

So that's my list, and I'm ashamed of it.
    What's your list?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holy-arcade-in-disrepair-thread?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.