CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#603 6 years ago

Stop teasing us, and push the CFTBL project forward! Creatures everywhere need one as do our machines!

5 months later
#744 5 years ago

Just an itchy buyer but you don't know if you don't ask as they say. At this point would you Guess this is a 2018 project or a continuation into 2019? I'm betting others were wondering the same but had to ask.

1 month later
#852 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Delayed, I'm sorry, this weekend and part of the week that comes in, I have to assemble a significant number of displays, for a customer's order.
On Friday I was testing the tool that checks the status of all pinball outputs (lamps, bumpers, flashers, hologram mechanisms), red array are playfield lamp status, green array are flasher, bumpers and power output (hologram motors and lamp). I have not had time for more, because of the unforeseen mentioned. There is a video on Facebook and YouTube.
Now I was looking at something related to the Rasbperry interrupts, to manage the signals, also for the checking tool that needs some adjustments to work well. But it will be only for a while, I have to continue with the assembly of displays, it is the priority now, I have been paid for the product and I have to assemble and send it this week.

Don't have a clue what all those blinky lights mean but it does look cool. lol Can't wait to see a finished product!

2 weeks later
#881 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Every once in a while, when I’ve had a couple beers and I’m feel good, I think about making some more Creech mods. Then I come to this thread and sober up quickly

I'd be willing to get you drunk if you would make more! Honestly, it would be the Ultimate BAM to all the copy cats if you just said "what the heck" and starting making them next week. lol Do IT!!!

2 weeks later
#911 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I am working on the acrylic LED backlit mod - Laserific was going to do it but bailed (licensing I am sure) but I will do it on my own. It won't move like a hologram but it also does not cost near what a hologram replacement or a LCD display with videos will cost either.
In the the regular forum for CFTBL - once I get it up and going I will post some pics. I already picked the art, I think. Don't know how it will look but I am not spending $300-400 for a barely visible hologram for 2 seconds in game play, I would spend that for a LCD display and videos sure but not a hologram. At least when you have a LCD and video it has something on the screen all the time.
[quoted image]

Thats actually really nice! If you could filter down the light brightness a bit its actually a dam good solution! I bet these would sell and agreed its only a 2 second thrill. Nice.

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

cant you atach it to the moving motor in some way so it wil move?

I'm guessing but I suspect he is mounting it the the existing moving halo plate so it basically does what the original did without the cost and a bit less 3D effect. Simple solution.

#921 5 years ago

Nice work. An alternate affordable solution.

10 months later
#1547 4 years ago

Please make my Christmas complete. I’ve been watching the amazing progress on this for far to long. Take my money already Please! Need to be on the nice list loaded with all your creative magic.

1 week later
#1561 4 years ago

Just pick a leg and say Pre-Order Open! Lol A long journey but the result is beyond impressive.

1 week later
#1570 4 years ago

Not to rush just manage expectations, while these months of image refinement continue are you building boards and systems so they are in place to purchase when the pics are done? Itching to get this mod as are others.

3 weeks later
#1605 4 years ago

This is a gamble but am I the only one that is willing to just place an order already? I don’t personally care if the ice cream dancer has 9 toes at this point. I appreciate perfection just like anyone but this is borderline OCD lol. Open the store and let the buyer decide if more is needed. Really want one of these since day one just feel like something is stalling this project.

#1684 4 years ago

Worth the wait! So looking forward to this amazing creation. Thanks.

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Searching is found. When we were looking for free 50's Rock songs, for the 4 characters of the meal, I found this song on YouTube. If it plays with the SPEED INCREASED to 1.25 it sounds pretty good. We can use it for the Snack Bar, or we would have to use a licensed song of payment.

[quoted image]

I rather like it. And the price seems fair!

1 month later
#1765 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Are we waiting on parts from China for the first 20 which we still don’t know who’s in contact for these 20 initial launch orders?

Thinking that question myself.

1 month later
#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Awesome!!! My restoration is waiting for its crown jewel! Be safe and thank you for the update

What update?

1 month later
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry... Still other stuff left.... (just realized, I don't want to highjack the Thread!) I'll move to Creature pinball or something...

Please shoot me a PM. Would be interested in your unique collection

4 weeks later
#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

We continue working on the new video for the Jackpot.
Now we have made a meticulous and exhaustive technical study of the Dolly zoom and Dolly In effects, to achieve a more fluid and realistic effect of moving and approaching the harpoon to the Creature, giving more depth to the scene.
We've also positioned the Creature further away so that the harpoon has more distance to travel from the rifle to the Creature, and blur effects have been applied to the intermediate planes of the algae.
We continue working to improve the rest of the effects, until we reach the final version.
On the other hand, a friend has offered me a pinball Creature at a good price. I have to think about it, but it is possible that I bought it to be able to do all the tests on the machine myself here, as well as take my own photos and videos to show the product installed and working, and to create the User Manual. I would also like the graphic designer to create a promotional video for the product.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Project is looking good granted a bit Long in the tooth but I guess I Really don't understand Why there would be any question to Not get a CFTBL in house??? You wouldn't loose any money, it would ensure a Working dialed in product, you could expedite the changes vs back and forth long range testing with a friend, and you could do some Actual promotional pictures. We are not talking about a decal set here. Just a guess but at say $700 x say 500 units this is a HUGE revenue stream. Plus, if you buy the game, get this Done, you sell the game with the screen mod and MAKE money on the game. Not sure how you could justify NOT having the game in house???? Also seems like it would speed things up a bit....

#1949 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

500 units? I’d say he’d do well to sell 50.

At this rate you may be right. Regardless, this is a serious cash Mod.

4 weeks later
#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

+1 LOL, I cringed when I saw that too ... I guess each to their own
I like the IDC insertion tool, I've not seen one like that before

Pinball Life sells them also. Great tool to have!

https://www.pinballlife.com/pancon-156-idc-termination-tool.html

1 week later
#2052 3 years ago

Joining the "just confused" group the only part tough to understand is as I recall back in I believe February of this thread he was taking a list to do a first run release with as I recall a slight delay waiting for a China cable or something and then the direction vanished...... Seemed like this was finally on a track then the train never came out of the tunnel?

1 week later
#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

I feel sorry for everyone that has followed this since day one over 2,000 posts and several years ago and still nothing to show for it.
I saw this one coming as I am sure did a lot of other pinsiders.

I think my Creech has turned back to green waiting. Lol

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

And before anyone posts or PMs me...
NO, I’m not making any more of these.

So your saying there’s a Chance....

#2125 3 years ago

This thread has So many ups and downs lol. From love to hate and so many direction changes its hard to know where this will go. Looking past some of the apparent past mishaps etc I Do hope he stays the coarse on this one to give us something amazing in the end and not get stalled by any negative pokes. Would I like one now, sure. Creech has been around for a Long time and stood the test of time so this could make it special Or just be something funny to talk about in a few more years. Hoping to get one of these kits some day....

1 month later
#2215 3 years ago

Its Finally in the game. Turn it on PLEASE.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I apologise for being a bit rude above I am sorry roar i get where you are coming from.
The reason I give pinballSP so much shit is because he lies and steals and bends the truth and is so badly organised its laughable and basically thinks he creates a high quality project when he does not. I know what a high quality product looks like.
He talks so much shit it makes me laugh. I don’t care if I’m no1 “troll” because I call him out on all his shit I’ll continue to do it until I’m banned from this place.

I’m a bit curious what mod was this. Sounds interesting actually unless it’s no longer available.

4 weeks later
#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I read that thread, he said demand will decide his next title and Creature is a possibility. He's still working on an updated bracket for the TZ and hasn't shipped many. The mod looks great, but I think it's optimistic to think that Creature will be the next game he does and that it will be ready anytime soon. Maybe it will kick work on this mod into high gear. Personally I hope Compy does STTNG next, I know that's one he's considering and one I'd love.

I'd wager his CFTBL mod and 5 others are done before This mod is available! lol

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

While you or I might wager he could bring it to market first, that's not something a small manufacturer wants to gamble on,

Again just an opinion Nothing against this builder But.... You do realize this Mod started over 3 Years ago? I think Compy would be More then safe proceeding with the confidence he won't have any competition for a Long time to come! I to wanted this mod but have to admit some of the posters May have been correct in highlighting this may be a lost hope sadly.

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

As much as this solution is nothing without the hardware working... Compy’s is nothing without the video’s... you need both to be successful... and unless Compy leverages MikeD’s videos it has some road to travel too.

Trust me, Compy is further along then you think!

1 week later
#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

3. Years. My kid is almost in high school by now.

Lol. Could you imagine listing All the things that happened in Pinball since this mod started lolol. Hope it sees the end as he does appear to have some mad skills just maybe not that into production. I believe JPop had the same issue.....

1 week later
#2401 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

The original MikeD mod is affected due to timing changes to eliminate strobing/flicker in the new LED code. The mod software would have to be modified to detect timing changes on the strobing signal. I can publicly say that we did reach an agreement to license and re-run MikeD's mod on our new control system (unaffected by software upgrades) so that CFTBL owners could have a replacement. We have displays sourced, brackets made, cable harnesses designed and boards en-route.
However since PinballSP is so close to launching, getting good pinball press coverage and his videos are top notch... combined with the fact that we don't want to launch scuds and start a race to the bottom, we've deferred the launch of that product depending on the needs of the market.
-- Jimmy

Would only suggest a possible vote type pole. Love your honest business sense and commitment but seeing that Other mod (concept) continue to develop for three years I personally would Much prefer a variation of the MikeD. That direction was an added value for missing (broken) Creech features the In Process design is a long drawn out video which completed overpowers the game and theme. Really hope you consider making your (MikeD) version personally.

1 month later
#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would certainly want it closer to the PF but I’ll take whatever looks the best.

For the record, the original was exactly positioned like Compy's and the MikeD design. Your viewing the creature from a cave and at the angle he (they set) it perfectly projects to the players face not the ceiling. Doubt you will find many that didn't love the Mike D version or pay handsomely to find one. Now you can.

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

We have only seen a promise of what the mod might potentially be. Based on compy 's track record I'll wait to see the entire package before forming an opinion. I am on the list, but I want to see it in action, with HD video before pulling out my wallet.

The MikeD CFTBL display mod has been around for years with MANY videos of it in action to review. Compy is simply Improving what was done with Additional content. Not hard to imagine what it will look like and as far as His "track record", he has done everything he has set out to do and in a timely fashion to superb standard.

#2542 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Full User Manual, in Spanish and English languages, can be downloaded from the project's Github.
https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP/tree/master/User%20Manual-%20instructions

[quoted image]

Help me understand. What happened to the List of people (me) that you collected back Last February for the first 20? Was that just a test list or forgotten. Confused.

4 months later
#2780 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What, you mean something shit down? Nothing shit down here

None of the restaurants in Chicago let you shit in them. May be a TX thing?

1 week later
#2818 2 years ago

Well done really appreciate the effort to get this out. Looks pretty good.

1 month later
#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I was thinking exactly the same thing but didn't want to appear more critical than I already have. This thing needs to be made with a screen that's more rugged to put up with the long term vibration and abuse of a playfield. Does not instill confidence in me.

Think he has referring to those messing with the cables not the screen itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.