CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raaalph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1076 4 years ago

Your power distribution won’t work. Trust me and develop a new power source or miserably fail.

You are also missing a lot more videos since you need an error message for every single issue „detected“ or any combination of errors by your system or a dynamic text overlay according to the generated error message.

Just saying...

I doubt with this amount of unnecessary details you won’t finish it anytime soon. Prove me wrong.

#1079 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I never understood the logic of posts like these. To actively post (likely someone's second troll account judging by the number of posts) hoping for failure is befuddling.

Not really. I just have enough experience and gave a clear advise that it will fail!
I owned the game SEVERAL times and as a former owner and tech guy I can clearly say it WILL fail. Anyone with a healthy sense of knowledge (so to speak) would have checked the specs of these ports, the power consumption of the used parts and summed everything up. Basic maths and has absolutely nothing to do with trolling.

#1080 4 years ago

If I’m not mistaken you don’t own the game yourself, right? @pinballsp

Ask your friend if he’s willing to draw permanently 4-5A off that connection. Good luck!

1 month later
#1304 4 years ago

does the communication between mod and game actually work or do you only post videoplayback without connectivity to the game?

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

It depends, there are videos that are easy to trigger, such as the KISS and the CREATURE FOUND, but there are other more complex ones that require combining switches and lamps.
Even it is also much more complicated, because there are lamps that flash during the game, and not only when an event is activated. The machine also makes sequential lighting of lights without being related to what each lamp indicates. Filtering and eliminating those flickers and sequences, so that they do not interfere with the triggering of a video, requires several programming tactics, which I have to see for each specific video.
It will only be checked to trigger a video, when any switch on the playfield is closed, then according to each video the program will also check the status of the lamps. And to filter and eliminate flickering lamps, the program will save the status of all lamps in the last 5 readings.
For the first 6 videos, programming is simple, but some of the other videos will be much more complicated.

some of the videos you're planning to show need a delay, exact the same state as MikeD's mod several years ago did.. good luck!

1 week later
#1358 4 years ago

Let’s see how fast you get the game logic into your mod. Hopefully not as slow as color for your DMDs. 2 years Now is way too long and still no solution.

For now I see only 1 row you are checking, that’s a pretty simple thing to do, even with very little to almost no knowledge.

How are you going to handle power surge from the game? It definitely will draw too much from those old wires, trust me or leave it. I know you tend to ignore tips from outside as you consider yourself all knowing.

5 months later
#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Guys, the situation in Spain is not easy these days due to virus...
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/world/europe/coronavirus-spain.html

It’s a sad situation, correct. But that’s not the reason for not showing a working mod. There reason is much simpler: it doesn’t work!

He showed some testing videos of the matrix pcb and there you can see that the video triggering is delayed, triggers on false positives, and there are blank outs between the different videos. This is completely opposite to what he proposed and announced before.

Despite these things I wish everyone to stay healthy!!!

#1784 4 years ago

Well, one of his “friends“ that has a unit for testing told someone that the mod has not been installed nor tested yet.
What I want to point out is not that this is a good or bad mod (intention is great!), but instead that progress is FAR from what is proposed here.

4 months later
#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I'm waiting for lots of new creech mod threads to appear now the OP has the creech machine

so many options and cool stuff to add, probably he currently can’t even decide which future mod to announce first

3 weeks later
#2156 3 years ago
Quoted from Sverker670:

He probably got bored of all the whining here, because he continues to update progress with his videos on his Facebook.

yeah, probably because he can block and delete unwanted/complaining comments

1 week later
#2195 3 years ago

pinballsp is out of the game in 3..2..1..

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves - that's not quite out yet either!

True, but the guy that builds it has a reputation and a well known and working programming business specialized at pinball programming services.
He announced it and i'm pretty sure it works as intended right from the start.

I recommend to sell the videos to that guy and and stop wasting time and money on this mod.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I think this is very cool! Question: If the video icons in the image above are right, your basic package and medium package are complete, why not start offering those for sale if the hardware and everything is already done? At least you can start filling orders and getting real feedback.
If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!
Awesome stuff!
-- Jimmy

Get somehow in contact with the video creator himself (it's not pinballSP) and get your kit done with these videos.
Absolut no-brainer for serving the community and finally get this to a positive ending.

2 weeks later
#2236 3 years ago

The point with Pinballsp is that he calls everyone a troll who is criticizing his work. He’s resistant to guidance, offered help and suggestions.

He often also been called out for selling unfinished product (the dmdmk66) without the functionality it was supposed to support and probably never will happen to get finished.
Also he has been called out for copying other people’s work and rebranding it to make it look like his own invention.
Another point is that he likes to turn facts to his own favor, eg. telling people he invented different mods and products and others copying his work. This has been clearly declared as false information by several developers and companies unisono.

I personally like the ideas and prototyping Luis does, but he should work as employee, with deadlines and finished products.

1 month later
#2317 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Joking aside I do hope the op is ok? Maybe in another lockdown (we are again in U.K)
Maybe can post another pcb revision?

As long as there are constantly videos posted on yt imo he's ok. despite the fact that we don't like him we wouldn't whish anyone to get sick.

So, everybody stay well!

2 weeks later
#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Good to see it sort of in action 3 years later but unless you play pinball extremely slowly and cradle the ball after each shot and wait 5 seconds I’m not sure how it will work in a real world game. Need some proper fast game play videos to see how it stacks / queues these videos and how fast it can trigger them. But at least it’s a glimmer of progress.

It’s just another attempt to promote this bloatware
One can clearly see that the videos are triggered one after another because prioritizing still doesn’t work.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Pretty sure the MikeD mod reads switches too?

Yes, it does. I checked the source code and that's the reason why the mod is limited in some situations. MikeD knew that but communicated that clearly, and until today it is still one of the most outstanding mods.

#2407 3 years ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

Hi,
I have been following this since the start and it is one of my favorite threads. With regard to the latest technical discussions I have come to believe that the firmware implementation is going to be a nightmare (I am a software and firmware engineer for realtime systems); why?
1. By using an interpretation from the lamp matrix you will have to perfectly recreate the game logic. This is no small task, and any error will send the interpretation down the wrong path so that the incorrect videos will be played, or not played.
2. Any missed lamp signal will send the interpretation down the wrong path so that the incorrect videos will be played, or not played. Looking at https://dotsandloopspinball.com/lampmatrix/ it would seem that accurately using the lamps signals can be problematic.
3. How does this solution deal with how the Creature has been configurated? For example, level of difficultly, award configuration, number of balls, etc. Would this solution not need to know how the game has been configured to accurately recreate the game logic? For example when do you award an extra ball or a game credit.
I would love to see this work and will continue following.

If you have the chance to look at the mikeD mod you’ll see how this mod will eventually work, or not. The OP is mediocre at Hardware design but a complete mess when it comes to coding so I assume he will use parts or the complete code of mikes mod, unfortunately.

Compy’s approach of reading the sound commands is a much more precise method of playing the correct video as the machine literally “tells” you what’s going on

I suggest anyone with a sense of business should release his/her own creech mod as this one will probably never reach a reliably working state. Compy *hinthint*

3 months later
#2626 3 years ago

I doubt there even was a first batch.

1 month later
#2709 2 years ago

A 800 USD Mod with cheap, sh*tty power splicers instead of custom cables?
As much as I hoped PinballSp would finally deliver a good product with well-thought Cable- and Power management, in the end it's the same stuff as always: cheapo, fast thrown-together stuff
The only parts that are quality on this mod are from an hired artist and the factories that produced the pcbs and chips.

I, for my very personal part expect custom cables, precrimped or soldered power connectors, depending on the option the customer chose.
Printed instructions, labeled cables, antistatic bags and custom boxes might be only an neccessity in my opinion, but c'mon, if you expect people to pay that much you better deliver something that's worth the benjamins.

Its the overall satisfactory experience that makes you sell things, not the hardware alone or the videos or the software.

Call me nitpicky but thats how it should be done (hint at @compy)

#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Cmon man. The cables could have been 14kt Gold and you would have complained they weren't 24k. You've made it expressly clear you're not buying this mod. Your personal vendetta has overcome your common sense. Leave well enough alone. The proof will be in the pudding when the first batches are shipped and installed. Then those that actually have the mod can praise or complain for actual real feedback. Not continued nonsense born from a tantrum or perceived slight from the past.

Some of your arguments are right, some not. I’m not expecting 24k gold, only basic connectors and (almost) fool-proof installation. Would you really pay that cash and have to cut cables from a brand new psu? That’s like buying a new car and drilling a bigger hole into the gas intake because the gas pump doesn’t fit.
For positive reviews there should be at least some customers that bought it. I don’t care if they’re willing to pay for it. It’s a crazy world nowadays
Im not warning anyone to buy or not to buy (greets to Shakespeare) but sharing my opinion.
After a few years of development, custom ordered cables, and wiring harnesses (see posts in this thread) and Luis almost pedantic focus on small, nevertheless unimportant details I would have expected just a little more.
I really was expecting a top-notch, well engineered, well thought-out complete package and that might have opted me in to ~10-15 units for resale. But nah, thanks.

Quoted from trueno92:

Man alive, keep talkin like that and the product is gonna be $1000, and no after sales support!!

You mean business as usual?

#2714 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Fair enough....however its my understanding none have shipped yet per his previous post, so noone has a unit in hand yet to review.

very valid argument! Let’s wait a few days/weeks and hope someone is willing to share his/her opinion and experience with us.

1 month later
#2836 2 years ago

thanks for the effort, looks good on hardware side.
unfortunately there is again no real gameplay video and i begin to wonder if you missed it intentionally or is there something not working 100% as expected?
I have a suspicion that the OP told you that there might be something wrong on your side... but it's just as suspicion.

regarding the IP holder controversy:
All animations are intelectual property of the artist that created these. he used no videos from the original film or old animations done by others.
The fact that he has drawn a "creature" still remains his IP, although one could think not, because of a "creature" IP by Universal Studios (and not even minimal IP of Planetary Pinball).

Hardware projects from the OP still smell fishy as there's always minimal genuinity from his side and most is just "protection cirquits" to protect him from being outcalled that his stuff is stolen code and hardware from others. ridicolous

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Honestly blown away guys, I added a service outlet and used my own 12v power supply cause this game is already stretched on the 12v circuit. We gotta hand it to him. It’s very well done and easy install
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the great pictures! Your opinion is much appreciated so I ask you to; and please be as honest as possible regarding the amount of cash you spent; does it actuall COMPLETELY does what it's supposed to do or does it "only" look good? We had so many quality pictures, testing videos, videos with hands moving the balls, but still no real and full frame gameplay video. What's wrong with dropping a few minutes of unedited mobile shots, uploaded to youtube or wherever and show if its really working as intended to be?

As people might have noticed I'm more or less on the pain-in-the-neck-side of things and I somehow wished I am wrong this time. But my fear is that, again, the OP will drop support and move on to the next project, regardeless of this one being finished or not. And I still have the suspiciotion it's far from being 100% operational. Please prove me wrong!

Regardless of the back and forth of this particular seller, the videos and animations are stunning and I congratulate the artist! He/she has done an amazing job and every mod owner is happy to see your work (if you will ever read these lines)!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 27.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raaalph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=raaalph and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.