CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

So no sign up sheet or queue to buy one?

Nope!

8 months later
#1035 4 years ago

The effect looks awesome, but i'm afraid it could be too distracting during gameplay?

3 months later
#1402 4 years ago

The video looks awesome - and i know taste is different for all of us, but i would probably prefer it without the text "cola" as well.

But even with the text it looks amazing!

#1408 4 years ago

I would probably use the rays in the background on all 4 snackbar videos. That way they kind of tie together. They can be different colors, and still easily identify that it is a snackbar hit.

3 weeks later
#1504 4 years ago

Agree. The work you are putting into these videos is awesome, but i also believe less is more. No need for ketchup and smoke.

If anything, it should just be a very light steam to indicate that its hot, but lets face it, when was the last time you got a steaming hot hotdog?

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
1 month later
#1574 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

All this has been ready for a long time, as well as contacts with all suppliers for the supply of TFT screens, screen holders, cables and connectors. All ready waiting for the videos to be finished, I just need to finish the current video of Ice Cream and everything ready to open the order list.

Is the software needed to run everything coded as well? I'm guessing it will need quite a lot of logic, as to what videos has the highest priorities (if several are triggered quickly after each other), and to make sure each video is only played at the correct time and so on.

But videos look really awesome!

4 weeks later
#1701 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

We have also started with the programming of the mini Video Editor for those who want to edit their own videos in a simple and freeway.

Quick question (does not want to hijack this thread): Does this mean that the firmware for your DMDMK66 displays and the Magic Editor will be delayed? As i understood, the DMDMK66 firmware was the next project after putting up the hologram-mod for sale?

#1706 4 years ago

Hope i don't sound too negative here, but i have been thinking about the sound you are planning to offer:

Won't the jingles have to be really simple and short, as they are played on top of existing sounds (if i understand it correctly)?.

So if the game CPU does not know that it needs to duck / mute the background music, the video jingle and the background music will play on top of each other? I think that could very likely sound really confusing. Or does the original sound card mute other sounds when there is input on the external connector?

If there is no way to mute the machines original jingles and background music when playing the holomod videos, i think simple sound effects would be much better than jingles, as they would mix/blend better with existing music.

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So please explain this to an idiot, me. Will we just be seeing video on this thing with no sound or will we be hearing the sounds that are already in the game. It will lose a lot with a vid playing and no sound at all.

Adding sound to this mod will always be voluntary. It will work just as fine without adding the coming sound option. It doesn't matter if you add the sound cable or not - the videos will play on the screen, and the machines original sounds will play just as they always have. The video does NOT interrupt the original sounds from the machine.

But IF you add the sound cable (when the firmware supports it), it is hooked up to the original sound card, and the sounds from the videos will then be mixed with (layed on top of) the original sounds.

That's how I understand it anyway

1 month later
#1757 4 years ago

I'm guessing he shipped a kit to his buddy last Tuesday. So with any luck he should have it installed in his CFTBL, and in the progress of doing gameplay videos with the complete kit installed. Fingers crossed...

10 months later
#2530 3 years ago

Was a video with real gameplay ever released? I believe I read that he said he finished the video?

Would like to see how these great videos actually react in real gameplay scenarios.

#2545 3 years ago

It looks really great. Personally i think the videos are just too long. It would have suited the theme and the pace of the game better, if they were shorter. The KISS video is a great example in my opinion of how they should all be. Its short, and shows the info right away, and then gives room for other clips.
The Popcorn, Icecream etc. just takes up too much "space" in the game.

But again, the videos them selves are really great, and overall i think it all came out really nice.

#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Still no real game play videos, rolling a ball slowly around a pf is not how this mod will behave in a real game

Do you not consider the gameplay videos above "real", or do I misunderstand? Yes he grabs the ball with his hands sometimes, but that is just to keep progressing the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/51#post-6068270

#2554 3 years ago

I see what you mean, but i actually think it resembles normal gameplay pretty well. Perhaps im just a really slow player myself

3 weeks later
#2597 3 years ago

Has anyone from the 1st batch received and installed the mod yet? I would really like to hear their experiences?

(And no, I'm not asking to start a flame war or anything - just curious)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.