CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1414 4 years ago

I think the popcorn needs more butter

3 weeks later
#1511 4 years ago

Dude, skip the text, we know what hot dogs, popcorn and soda are! Don't forget the colors of the game are mainly green and not to clash with those colors, work with colors already used in the game, and fonts for that matter. OK you owe me 2 cents, carry on ........

1 week later
#1541 4 years ago

Without the text I would have thought it was a kielbasa on a bun ......

5 months later
#1827 3 years ago

I will put my 2 cents in. When people in general make mods for games that are graphics based, they seem to forget they are not creating their own palette but trying to marry their art with art that already exists. To me the palette of colors in the videos is all ready predetermined, fluorescent green, purple, teal or sky blue from the P.F, pink, maybe a little orange or yellow. But all the colors in the videos should be using that color palette. That's how you make it look like it was made that way and not clash with the colors already there. With that said, I hope this gets done, been watching and waiting from the sidelines and would love to see this finished and installed, stay healthy but get it done.....

1 month later
#1918 3 years ago

After 3 years I think I'm starting to believe the naysayers who said this mod will never be made.

2 weeks later
#1995 3 years ago

Best I can figure, he took 2 years to do 9 videos plus 2 test videos. With 11 left, I figure this should be ready by Christmas 2023.

3 weeks later
#2017 3 years ago

Do you have your machine set up yet? If so a video of it working should soon be ready?

1 week later
#2037 3 years ago

2020,2021,2022, 2023,2024 post #16,378 ....tweaking the colors on the match video, correcting the size of the fonts. Waiting for the leg levelers I have on back order so I can mount the display.....

2 weeks later
#2095 3 years ago

For the defenders who are saying that people shouldn't complain because he's taking so long and they are worried it will never get finished. He may finish it, but it also seems quite possible he may not. The way I see it, if he doesn't, he may very well have prevented someone else to step up and make it over the last 3 1/2 years because they figured someone was already working on it.....

2 weeks later
#2153 3 years ago

He's probably shopping out his creech and got sidetracked with his next invention, LED rubber rings...

1 month later
#2237 3 years ago

I've said this before but i'll say it again. I don't care if pinballsp wants to take 10 years to work on this. But by coming on Pinside and making it public, he may very well have prevented someone else to make the same mod. By coming here and stating that he planned on making this mod, then he is open season to public opinion. And if the public thinks he's taking too long, then so be it.

1 month later
#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from Toxteth:

So I take it that no one wants to sell me their original Creech hologram then....... anyone..... . . No?

is there such a thing as an original green working hologram anymore, if someone still has a crisp one, they are very lucky!

1 month later
#2441 3 years ago

This time waster is keeping Compy from making his version. This is what has been bothering me all along, people generally don't want to interfere and step on others toes so they don't make their version. More than 3 years wasted.

1 week later
#2469 3 years ago

This video actually doesn't look bad:

But I would like to see it being played in a natural state, not him controlling the ball at a snails pace.....

#2484 3 years ago

I vote for shutting down this thread, wasted enough bandwidth and time on this thread!

#2516 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The one thing that concerns me with Compy's version is the screen looks to sit further away from the playfield window and at an angle. Which is what the original hologram does, but not exactly what you'd want for video. Am I wrong on this?

why not bring that up in the compy thread?

#2556 3 years ago

The videos are the best part of this mod, I’m hoping compy does a good job on the videos.

1 month later
#2602 3 years ago

Hmm, what do you do for an encore after you've come out with a mod you've been working on for 4 years and haven't had any installed yet, well,

1 month later
#2666 3 years ago

Price is one thing, but you also want to feel confident that if something goes wrong that he will stand behind it. Did he ever mention support or warranty?

#2677 3 years ago

When did the original creature hologram light up? Didn't he usually show up when the music/scream started when you got multiball? I don't see him showing up at 1:20 until I see him at about 1:32. Then again at 3:52 shouldn't the creature be showing up on screen? My game is is storage and haven't played it in so long I don't remember.

#2681 3 years ago

Nice to have all these other animations even though I think there's too many but IMO at least the creature should should show up when he's supposed to.

2 weeks later
#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

plus not to mention not track record of how it truly works in game play from any end users. If it was the end all be all we would have some excited folks sharing and its just crickets.

And I think people are waiting for Compy's version. If we're lucky, his will work better and he has a better reputation for standing behind his products. Waited years for this version, might as well wait a little longer for Compy's version. He seems to get things done right and quickly.

1 month later
#2774 2 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Surely someone ,anyone has installed this ,

Not a reassuring sign. I would think enough people have received them and are eager to install them. Either they are having trouble on the install or don't like the way they work.

1 week later
#2810 2 years ago

Congrats on the success of the install but can you play a BUNCH of games on it and give us a real unbiased opinion on how it works, any lag, do the videos seem to start and stop and get cut off in the middle or does it seem in sync with what's going on in the game? And later, when you get some time, polish that freakin playfield !!

1 week later
#2870 2 years ago

Seems no one wants to take a game play video

#2880 2 years ago

I have to admit, it took forever, and I didn't think he would ever finish, but the damn thing looks great! Thanks PhillyArcade for the video, I bet you helped sell a few more. I am seriously considering buying this now....

1 month later
#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from slicknick13:

This doesn't bode well for long-term viability. Especially mounted to the playfield of a pinball machine.

I was thinking exactly the same thing but didn't want to appear more critical than I already have. This thing needs to be made with a screen that's more rugged to put up with the long term vibration and abuse of a playfield. Does not instill confidence in me.

1 month later
#2965 2 years ago

Was kind of hoping for more feedback from people who purchased this, how are you liking it ?

1 year later
#3060 9 months ago

About to put an order in and wanted to ask previous buyers, what are the "must have" extras and what should I not waste my money on. Still deciding on how many videos I want to order.

#3062 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Depending on the machine, there are two optional extras that may be essential:
1.- External power supply: If the machine already installs other mods, it is essential to install the external power supply to avoid CPU resets during the game.
2.- CPU ROM: If the firmware version of the machine's CPU is prior to L4, the ROM must be updated to L4 or Rev5. The firmware version can be seen on the DMD at machine boot.

Thanks, now if I could just decide to do 24 or 30 videos. Decisions, decisions......

#3065 9 months ago

Still deciding on 24 or 30, seems like an expensive upgrade just to get 6 more videos but it is what it is. As far as the power supply, would something like this work?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#3067 9 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

What's the price difference? I'm thinking that if you're doing the mod you'd want to go all in and not kick yourself down the road when the mod becomes unavailable. Atleast that's how I'd try to justify it in my mind.

The 'full' package is around $800 U.S and the extra 6 videos are another $450, which it appears is a hard decision for me .

2 months later
#3071 6 months ago

The bottom inside of the creech cabinets were half painted in black on the bottom, I think so the bare wood didn't show around the hologram window. I'm doing a restore/decal job on this cabinet, and wondering with the holomod can I sand the bottom inside of the cabinet or should I leave it black? TIA

3 months later
#3077 3 months ago

Just installed this, goes through a brief power up on screen but no videos when I start the game. Is this because you have to download the videos on an SD card first? I thought this was plug n play, TIA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.00
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=nyp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.