CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 7 years ago

Yeah, I think the mod was $400 total after I bought the TV, too expensive for a lot of people. I think if you can get the price point to $300 or less you will get a lot of buyers, but at $400 it's the same as a ColorDMD, which is what most people will spend there money on first if it's the same price point.

1 week later
#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Looks cool so far!
Whatever happened to the Creature hologram project that MikeD was working on years ago?

It was completed and he sold a bunch of the kits, I have one. But he recently decided to stop producing them, that's when this project rolled forward to step in.

1 year later
#788 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

i dont care if ppl buy his crap or not but think people should be aware half of what he says is total crap!!
Probably shouldn't bother! ppl seam to like buying crappy products and believing everything they are told by con men!

So now you've moved off of bad talking the op to bad talking everyone. Inspiring.

10 months later
#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

He said it was in Seattle. Museum of Pop Art

Yep, it's here in Seattle, along with tons of other original classic horror costumes, masks and props. It's a great exhibit.

3 months later
#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the one hand, the price difference between the Basic and Full seem kind of steep, but on the other hand, it's frickin $300 to get an inferior remake of the hologram. Doesn't look like the original hologram (hardly looks like the creature). If this works well, it has huge possibilities. I am considering adding one to my Monster Bash (with a smaller screen)

Creatures tend to sell for about 1K more with the Mike D hologram in them, I tend to think it's going to be similar with this one. And I think the animations could really make the game feel more dynamic and modern. Plus, you can sell off your hologram and make some of the money back. When I converted my Bride of Pinbot to 2.0, the kit was like $2,000, but I did get to pull a bunch of boards which I've since used in other games or sold.

4 months later
#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Only the domestic US market games have services outlets (the socket is only officially rated for 120V). Foreign games have a grommet to seal the hole and no internal wiring for the service outlet. Also the service outlet is always live regardless of whether the game is turn on or not, you can of course rewire the socket to only be powered when the game is on but not everyone will be comfortable in doing this change.

I imported a European Creature to the US and did the power conversion. It has has a service outlet, FYI. I've imported quite a few games from Italy and Germany and found many to have the outlets.

2 months later
#2115 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Love it.. 'trolls' because we don't blindly follow the reality you try to project.
How about instead of spending 25 mins to type that post you plug in that creech of yours and your harnesses you've had working on your bench for many months?
The reason you get called out is because you blow smoke, throw stones, and live in a glass house.

Can I ask, if you aren't interested in the mod's development and buying it, why are you constantly on this thread complaining about it? Don't like it, don't buy it! It's a drag to read through all this crap when the rest of us just want to see the mod progress and ultimately get finished. I like seeing the video updates and progress, I'm in no rush.

#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Lol same old speech from pinballSP which is all bullshit as usual. I created the very first aftermarket usb DMD 8 years ago before pinballSP even new what a pinball machine was so certainly did not copy any one

knew

2 months later
#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Compy has made an interactive TZ backboard but is looking at doing other machines (not necessarily backboards) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display

I read that thread, he said demand will decide his next title and Creature is a possibility. He's still working on an updated bracket for the TZ and hasn't shipped many. The mod looks great, but I think it's optimistic to think that Creature will be the next game he does and that it will be ready anytime soon. Maybe it will kick work on this mod into high gear. Personally I hope Compy does STTNG next, I know that's one he's considering and one I'd love.

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'd wager his CFTBL mod and 5 others are done before This mod is available! lol

I dunno, if I was developing a new platform mod and selecting which game to do it for next, I don't think I'd choose a game that has a mod already far into development for it. While you or I might wager he could bring it to market first, that's not something a small manufacturer wants to gamble on, because they could spend a lot of time and money on something and then have no buyers for it. And a lot of people already have the Mike D mod installed. Personally I'd select a game with no competing similar mods/mods in development to ensure the most sales.

2 weeks later
#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Photos look great, glad to see he was able to get rid of that cloudy lagoon window.

I'm gonna need a new lagoon window when this comes out, mine is pretty cloudy too!

#2369 3 years ago

Holy shit, that video of the mod in action is awesome! This is going to make it feel like a kinda different game.

#2392 3 years ago

There is a new official release of the software for Creature that might effect this mod. It would be awesome if it was planned for, since I expect most of us are planning on upgrading to it. In the Creature forum someone has reported after installing it the Mike D holo mod did not work:

Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revision 5.0

Summary

Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Two new feature adjustments.
The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

Fully suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.
No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.

#2393 3 years ago

More from the updated Williams rom thread, this is from programmer Soren:

"Regarding the MikeD mod for Creature. A quick read up shows that it takes input from the lamp matrix. I will assume this is why it is acting different with rev. 5.0 now this is update to the "LED friendly" procedure 2.

I will be back later with an analysis of this and documentation for how it works now. And I have to say, that it should not be a problem to build devices that can interpret the lamp signals correctly regardless if the game software is running procedure 1 or 2. So I hope my documentation will make it straight forward for somebody to update the MikeD mod to run stable on all games. If I have understood it correctly, the original designer of the mod has abandon the project. But it is now maintained by somebody else in the community."

1 week later
#2421 3 years ago

I wish you guys that keep crapping on this mod would just walk away and let it go. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't. The constant complaining is repetitive and a real drag. Pinball is supposed to be fun!

#2426 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Won't be fun when you buy a substandard product that does not work correctly and has little to no support and half of its features are missing and are promised to come soon (and never will) History has a funny thing of repeating it self (like we do )
I love pinball and hate seeing pinball people taken advantage of by (some)greedy mod makers selling expensive junk.

Yes, but how many times do you need to say this? 20? 50? I actually appreciated the history and warnings at first, it was good info, we get it, we've all been warned. There is no point in repeating the exact same point again and again, as if it will change the outcome. Let's see if the mod actually gets completed, then have a discussion about it's merits and downsides.

2 weeks later
#2449 3 years ago

I'm glad it's going to work with Soren's updated ROM, that was something I and others specifically asked for.

#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I have a feeling there will be other options available shortly.

I feel like these videos create a major update to the game. Even if another product comes to market faster, I can't see it being as cool or sought after.

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The issue still is that no one has actually seen this work in the game. And even if it does, the creator has a checkered history with support for his products.

We know all this, it's been stated many times in this thread. But if I'm going to shell out $400-$500 for a Creech video mod, I'm still going to wait patiently until the one with the artist commissioned videos that appear under the playfield comes out. We can all wait 6 months and compare which is cooler to buy.

#2470 3 years ago

He's updating his Facebook every week or two with progress, so he is working on it. From December 27:

Holomodsp, Hologram kit.

We're already working on the Drive-In video, vectoring vehicles and preparing the story board.

I was playing the machine with the Rom Rev 5, and it hasn't given me any problems.

Shot a couple videos of the product at stake but couldn't edit them. The problem is that I changed the fan of the computer fridge and broke the lashes that hold it, now it doesn't comply and the processor overheats in seconds, blocking the computer if I launch Premiere export. Already ordered a new Cooler Master that I will receive tomorrow, will ride it with two fans, the serial plus a Noctua I have here.

While also taking advantage to set up the flippers with a recontruction kit and checked the tilt of the board with a digital tilt I received today from Amazon. I thought the table was too inclined, but no, the inclination is 6. degrees, within the standard of 6.5 to 7 recommended degrees.

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

This video actually doesn't look bad:
But I would like to see it being played in a natural state, not him controlling the ball at a snails pace.....

From the video, it looks like all the triggering is working well. I guess what I wonder is how the transitions will be if you hit one triggered video a few seconds into the last one, does it immediately cut to the latest triggered video or is there any lag?

#2478 3 years ago

That seems pretty easy to fix/optimize.

#2501 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I believe you are correct I got my screen on sale so the whole setup was around mid 400.00 when done.

I found my receipt, mine was $401.50 plus the TV.

#2504 3 years ago

I saw that PinballSP is now taking orders on his FB page... I'm content to wait for reviews from the first 20 sold. Compy went ahead and made MikeD's mod 2.0, so I'm sure that pushed this launch. Since there will be two competing similar mods.... price point, reliability, features, and how good they look will be the deciding factors as to which one to buy.

#2514 3 years ago

The one thing that concerns me with Compy's version is the screen looks to sit further away from the playfield window and at an angle. Which is what the original hologram does, but not exactly what you'd want for video. Am I wrong on this?

#2526 3 years ago

It looks like he's addressing the concern about the mounting and angle in that current post.

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

that’s what competent engineers do they take feed back and try and make there product better, they don’t just call every one who gives feed back a troll.

Oh for sure, but to be fair, you have been quite a troll on this thread.

#2531 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Sad, o was really hopeful for this mode to finally make it to fruition. But I think he have have missed his window, I personally have concerns about support and sheer trust with this product. Hoping to get ahold of the the new Mike D v2 !!

He has made it to fruition, he's not responding here though. On his Facebook page he's taking orders now, the first 20 sold out. I'm waiting to see it play tested by one of the first round of buyers before deciding which version too buy.

#2543 3 years ago

Holy shit, I don't know why it took so long to see videos of this in action, but it looks great!

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

2500 posts in this topic....1200 must be from russdx claiming its never gonna happen....how about a cup of good ol' STFU now?

Ah, but he claims he's not a troll. I started to compile all his trolling posts in response to his claim but gave up, there were sooooooo many. There's just certain dudes, you realize that's their schtick and they don't care if they stink up threads for everyone.

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Good to know you guys support IP theft, Gary stern was 100% right in his interview a lot of pinheads are thief’s. Not only does pinballSP steal Williams IP he steals it from other developers as well. It’s great you guys want to support someone like that. Compy is the complete opposite he credits and asks for permission and gives royalties for work he uses. This is the sort of developer I’d like to support.
Call me a troll and names all you want at least I have morals unlike so many of you.

I have zero belief you are taking a stand based on IP or morals given everything you've said on this thread and your constant trolling. These comments now are laughable, taking a moral highground a few weeks after you were encouraging everyone to steal the videos PinballSP paid to have designed.

If you weren't such a broken record repeating the same thing over and over for months on end in such a mean and spiteful way, people would have a lot more tolerance for your posts. Your negative voice is by far the most dominant voice in the conversation about this mod and it's just been too much and continues to be too much. Most CFTBL owners just want a cool mod and are hoping either Compy's or PinballSP's fits the bill.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People say “broken record”... while they continue to turn a blind eye to what is being pointed out. I have no empathy for those that will eventually get burned by their selfishness.

This just isn't true. No one is turning a blind eye to what is being pointed out, they listened to the message the first 100 times and agreed with many of the points before they started getting annoyed with the messenger. There is a way to point out problems or caveats with a mod or modder where your audience doesn't turn on you and frankly it's not very hard. That dude declared he left the thread after annoying everyone, then popped back a few weeks later saying "Didn't you miss me, things are boring here without me," pretty much admitting he was back to stir things up. I don't get it, it just seems like being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk, rather than trying to be helpful and informative.

1 month later
#2638 3 years ago

I pop in here when I see a bunch of posts every week or two, only to find the same couple guys just complaining over and over.

3 weeks later
#2658 3 years ago

I would imagine this would help a creature do well on location, especially with younger players that have grown up playing newer Sterns. The animations will draw people in to the game. But I do agree, it's almost overwhelming, it adds so much with all that going on right in the center of the playfield, it will be interesting how people feel about it on home machines, because the look and feel of the game will be fairly different.

3 weeks later
#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I shouldn't even mention this, but in order to keep things correct in terms of the CFTBL storyline: There's not supposed to be 3 people in the car like the picture above shows. There's a young guy and a girl in the car on a date, trying to get romantic, and there's a creepy pervert behind the car, looking through the back window, trying to spy on them in order to get his jollies. He's not their friend hanging out in the backseat of the car.
Meh, do whatever.

Good call!

1 week later
#2726 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

'first batch' is so much fun to keep redefining.
Back on Jan 5th, it was 20 units he already had parts for and shipping in 1-2 weeks. Everyone here was waiting for reviews from people who supposedly bought then, expecting shipment then.
There there was the day in March where again... a 'first batch' was promised complete and shipping in 1-2 weeks. Then at end of march redefines 'first batch' to now be extended to 30 units... (but as we know from history... still didn't have the parts then, because he doesn't have them now either)
I guess people haven't been quick to pay up when he keeps requesting payment.

How many big mods like this have you produced? I see you complaining on a lot of threads, like too many that I read. Do you have any experience creating mods or pins and the types of delays that can be involved? Why do you shit on other people's work so much when you could just say nothing? I don't get it.

#2728 2 years ago

What's your excuse for doing it on all the other threads? At some point you've got to stop blaming everyone else for your bad behavior.

#2738 2 years ago

Every time I see some posts on this thread, I pop in, hoping like most people, to see updates on the mod and hopefully some customer reviews of the first batch. I'm in no hurry and I do want to order it if it works well, if it doesn't I'll go with Compy's and mount the TV flush. What I find instead is the same couple people concern trolling.

#2742 2 years ago

Can't wait to hear how it works! Honestly, looking at the entire package of equipment, packing, the videos, etc. it all looks very professional and well done. I'm not balking at the price as much, especially seeing what people are paying for Stern toppers that do nothing to enhance the gameplay experience. I realized the dude failed to fully support one other project and the caveats that have been pointed out multiple times on the thread, so getting an honest review I think is the next important step.

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I think 860.00 is the most I have ever spent on a mod

I spent around $2,500 for the Bride 2.0 mod, but it completely changes the game and seemed worth it. And it was one of those deals where we had to wire a large deposit like 6 months in advance, then wire the rest before it shipped. It felt a little like gambling (more so in retrospect, given what happened with Dutch Pinball's next project).

1 week later
#2767 2 years ago

I think everyone is waiting for the couple guys that have received them to do the install and give us a review. Hopefully soon!

1 week later
#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I haven't got a terrible attitude...

Ha ha ha, no one that has read all your whining on this thread believes you.

1 week later
#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I am curious to know if anyone who has a nicely working MikeD lagoon mod in their CFTBL would change to this pinballsp mod? NOTE: Not looking to buy someone's MikeD mod (I already have it). Just curious to see if people think this is a big upgrade from it.

I sold my MikeD one to buy and install this.

#2911 2 years ago
2 weeks later
#2929 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I don’t know. Think replacing the whole playfield back panel scene would be cooler.

That makes zero sense with this game, there is a lackluster often failed hologram right in the middle of the playfield. For the past decade multiple people have tried to come up with solutions and alternatives to it to make it better. From repro holograms to Mike D's first video replacement, to this loaded mod, they all focused on the playfield window for a reason.

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

3 random screens popping up from the playfield makes is what I was referring to. I get the playfield window.

Ah, gotcha! Yeah, 3 is overkill and weird. 1 might work as would 1 in the back.

4 months later
#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Why is there no one who has posted how awesome this mod is ?

Quite a few people have on Facebook in more friendly pinball groups. It's funny, this thread was mostly active with haters because this mod took so long to complete. Once it debuted, they all disappeared.

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Im still here..
Waiting for the author to release either a firmware update for his abondonware pin2dmd clone or to allow owners to load pin2dmd firmware on the mk66 dmd boards.
But clearly he is working on other stuff now..

For Creature, I highly recommend ColorDMD, it's great!

5 months later
#3036 1 year ago

I'm confident you can keep selling more for years if you continue to make them and support it. I still haven't gotten around to ordering it, but plan to for my Creature in the next month or two.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=nwpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.