CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#723 5 years ago

Show the image!!! Super excited and impressed w your work!!!!

I'm in !!!

#733 5 years ago

can we see a vid of the content that will be going on whichever screen? Super excited to actually see this...guessing you've got a mock on your bench....thanks...mark

1 month later
#839 5 years ago

I'm in....Excited to see the video!!!

3 weeks later
#890 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Every once in a while, when I’ve had a couple beers and I’m feel good, I think about making some more Creech mods. Then I come to this thread and sober up quickly

Please!!!!..in!!!!

#892 5 years ago

My favorite beer is Franziskaner, but any type of Hefeweizen will do

Sierra Nevada has their East Coast factory in Asheville, and is one of my Clients. We are "beer city USA" on this front, and suspect there is nothing I can't get my hands on, beer wise.....let the bribing begin!!!!

#902 5 years ago

More than I can drink.

This why we must factor Bourbon in the equation...

5 months later
#993 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

C'mon, Robert. That is really bad form posting your product on another man's thread showing the development (although really long gestating) of his product. Simply put, how would you like guys posting on your "Let Me Powdercoat Your Game" thread showing their work and offering their services?
Just start a new thread. Trust me. People will find it quickly.

Agreed, and there is another active thread, btw.......been watching and getting my own backfill on this.....

#1009 4 years ago

Yeah, it’s not like the OP would post developmental pictures of his product in someone else’s thread.
I guess all is fair in the brutal cutthroat world of creature hologram modding

Ha...or even someone else's content as a "demonstration" of concept (?)...

I admire the efforts of both of the true Op's, and of course your amazing, now unobtanium mod.

1 week later
#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Testing a 10.1-inch TFT screen, with a test video, the Raspberry and a cardboard model of the playfield hole. I still hesitate to use a monitor 10.1 or 13.3 inches, each has its advantages and disadvantages.
The 10-inch, is much closer to the hole, only 3 cm, this allows a better viewing angle, the bracket is more compact in one piece, easier and faster to assemble. The small differences between the width of the screen and the hole, can be compensated perfectly with the masks in the videos.
Fortunately, I designed a long time ago, the two brackets for both screens sizes. I just have to decide which, to send it to manufacture.

pretty cool!!!

1 month later
#1107 4 years ago

Adding an external power supply is quite easy, and do it to all my games to insure headroom for the mods. I may have missed power requirements here (12v DC only?) but can post model # of Meanwell unit and method I use.

Very exciting to see this come together!!

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Where do you connect your external power supply, can you show any image?
The problem is not the power supply, but where to connect it to turn it on and off with the pinball power switch.

Post switched power box. I tap the 110v output driving the transformer w a basic molex harness which provides power only when game is turned on.

Very clean. I'm away from my pins now but can shoot an example when I get back Monday. Not plug and play, but electrical 101.

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I have here a transformer of a WPC, and looking at the schemes I think I know what you mean. Use the secondary 100v to connect the external power supply.
This 100V output is used for the DMD controller, with plasma screens. If I find the 2-pin connector that the transformer uses, I could make a cable that duplicates that output to connect the external power supply. It could also be connected with quick splicers, or screw connectors.
In the first versions I made of the DMDST32 with AC transformer, the external power supply was connected with a cable and quick splicers at 100V AC in the DMD controller, it could be done the same in this case.
I can provide, as an optional extra, an external 12v 3A power supply, with 2 quick splicers, it would practically be plug and play. I would give detailed instructions, with images, of where to connect the input of the external power supply, with the 2 quick splicers, it is quite simple.

Can you show a picture of your installation?

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does your assembly run on 12vdc? No need to go up to the board or secondary winding for 100v, as the primary coming into the transformer (white and black) are 120v switched from the main power feed of box. I just grab it there, and use a molex "y" to provide my power to the Meanwell switching p/s (which takes standard 120 or 220v), giving plenty of both 12 and 5vdc to power the mods. I hate wall warts, and I've seen several approaches like this.

Not at the games now, but can shoot a pic that provides concept in a day or so.

The switching power supply then feeds a standard (9x) molex plugin splitter (Terry sells them, used to be DK). Now all the goodies are powered safely and no draw on the main game.

Seen many approaches. This is very reliable, and have done to virtually every one of my games. Creech sucks quite a bit of juice as is..if you add colordmd, any lighting mods, etc. having the extra amperage is very handy.

Getting anxious to finally see your kit in action (looks like it's close). Hoping lots of graphics included, as my background is definitely not in that field....mark

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Or...................
You can use the aux power plug to supply your auxiliary power supply and then use Remote Control Outlet Switches to provide power to your games so you don't have to worry about anything "constantly having power"
Super simple.
1. Get these Remote Control Outlet Wireless Light Switches:
amazon.com link »
2. Then use a power strip from HF to connect 1 to 9 games to the powered down outlet, from step 1 above, with the power to the outlet turned off:
amazon.com link »
Plug all your games into that power strip.
Then, when you want to play, push one button on the remote control to provide power to the outlet, which now all your games will have power provided, and then you can turn one game on at a time. And the hologram mod will have maybe 3-5 seconds of power before you power up CFTBL.
3. External power supply you can use for this or ColorDMD or PinSound (I know, I use these for both CDMD and PS):
amazon.com link »
4. And then use a heavy duty 120V cord to connect the external power supply to the auxiliary outlet:
amazon.com link »
Done : ).
Now, the wiring part we will need to wait on, but this is easily replicated for ColorDMD and PinSound (both on my BSD), and I never have to worry about resets or lack of power.
Final setup looks something like this:
[quoted image]
And then the wire setup for PinSound:
First picture is the molex connector I made to go directly to the PinSound board in BSD:
[quoted image]
And this picture is the wiring back to the external power supply:
[quoted image]
For ColorDMD, the grey wire on the ColorDMD's wiring harness is 5V and the black wire is ground. Those wires go to the exact same identical points as the wiring for PinSound in the previous picture. ** - NOTE, this is for the newer Chroma board controller board ColorDMDs (if you've bought a ColorDMD within the last 2 to 3 years, your ColorDMD has this controller). - **
I can answer questions on this setup if anyone needs further details.

Interesting approach. Not for me, as many times I actually use the aux power for my soldering iron, as I work on the games with them powered off. Kinda cool though.....

Many proven ways to go about powering this mod...anxious to potentially have one to play with. There is a part of me, however, that would be way ok w a sealed NOS original green hologram. Mine still is quite green and looks great....something about the nostalgia of this one (hologram wise)...just me, I suppose

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I used one of those HAPP power supplies in the past work great! These are great also and very small
MEAN WELL RD-65A Dual Output Enclosed Power Supply 5V 8 Amp amazon.com link »

Bingo!!..I use the RD-125A's for a bit more horsepower on the 12v side...

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from T2F14:

Where do you tap into the 110 AC power at (after the switch)?

2 lines (white and black) heading out of the power box to the transformer (primary)

1 week later
#1148 4 years ago

Looking more finished by the day...getting excited!!!..great work

1 week later
#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

More images are being vectorized, for use in the videos. I just miss a boat, like RITA, for a new idea that I have, we'll get it somehow.
As soon as the designer sends me the final versions of the background videos, the cube and the bubble videos, and some things that I told him to correct in the monster video, I can already offer the Kit.
Everything that depends on me (hardware and programming), to be able to offer the product, is already done, just to correct and finish the videos that I have indicated.
 [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now we're talking!!! Sounds like very close for pricing and preorder list?

3 weeks later
#1232 4 years ago

Gotta say....I think you're gonna cross the finish line, and I'll be one of your customers...Looking great!!

2 months later
#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I have my doubts that sauce or smoke will even be visible to the player. Personally I feel this one is more than acceptable to ship.

Totally agree....I think you've earned the right to start realizing ROI. I'm ready to contribute...If you have a definitive price/list/timeline to receive, I'm ready to buy one ( as are many, I believe).

1 month later
#1603 4 years ago

I'm in....let's do this!!!

#1637 4 years ago

email sent...full package...excited!!!!

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Same here. The email does not tell you your place in the list, and that is ok with me. I'm just glad to be in on this one and not miss out!

Ditto....can't wait to see this in my game.

I commend Op endlessly...a) he's been at it for quite some time (years)
b) attacks on viability and timeline
c) people completely out of this area of expertise wildy claiming to deliver a similar product (vaporized quickly thankfully)

He tuned out the noise and is putting out an amazing product...props!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.