CPU_wrong_001.jpg
CPU_wrong_003.jpg
0ed588560508a90ac12405b838c8209559d63350.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_004.jpg
holo_zero_003.jpg
holo_zero_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1266 4 years ago

Question, I recently purchased Pinsound+ board from Pinsound. This board enables you to have the old sounds from CFTBL inner mixed with real songs from the 50's (or songs of your choice). Since you did state this mod was not going to have any sounds or am I mistaken you will have some? I guess have you heard of this sound board and what affects will be to have your mod in conjunction with it? I don't know how many PinSiders have Pinsound's board installed in their Creature, but it does give the machine the sounds/music I would think the original programs would have wanted.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

HolomodSP has no sound in the first firmware version, I will probably add it in a future version, as I said. The videos of the animations are all being made with sound, precisely to be able to use them in the future.
I don't know how Pinsound works, I can only say that HolomodSP in a future firmware version will allow the videos to have sound through the Raspberry's audio output. To use these sounds, I may design additional hardware, since the sounds of the machine would have to be mixed with the sounds of the videos, using a mixer system and a shared amplification system, with the speakers of the machine.
As I said, the tests I did with one of the Raspberry video/audio players, the omxplayer program to play mp4 videos with sound, I don't like very much, because this software always adds a delay to the start of the video. That delay may be acceptable to make a home movie player, but not for an interactive system like this, which needs to react almost instantly to the playback of a video due to a game event. I have other solutions to try, such as having videos and audios separately, in that case it is likely to work much better, because in real time the program does not have to demultiplex the file to obtain video and audio.
What I can guarantee, from the tests I have done, is that my current program system plays the videos instantly, as soon as an event occurs that should trigger a video.

Thank you so much for your follow up. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to its release.

2 weeks later
#1348 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Do you know if this option would be compatible with a Pinsound board? I can take a look and send pictures if that helps.
Thanks

I agree with Mtg381. Before you do any additional sounds on a different board other than the original one, would make them compatible with the Pinsound board. The board they sell is amazing as it offers sound wav. files you can change, custom sound mixes along with adding up graded speakers and a shaker if wanted. They are great to work with and have an open mind for modifications.

3 months later
#1708 4 years ago

On sound I would like to say it might be wise for you to look into the PinSound board and working your sounds along what you can do individually with this board. The guys at PinSound are great to work with and you might want to run this mod/sound to them and how it will effect the music. Those of us that have upgraded to this board would not want again to have confusing sounds. The PinSound board offers us as users to create different files of original music (50's songs are what I chose). I have spent many hours creating the music I like from the 50's that play during game play. Would hope your mod would not take away from this. Let us know your thoughts on this. Okay, other CFTBL PinSound board owners jump in here and give your thoughts too.

10 months later
#2371 3 years ago

Ready to purchase, looks very close to a finished product to me. It will put a whole new look to game play. I'll put my name on the list.

#2380 3 years ago

Agreed, jumped the gun maybe too early, but was just excited to see this in a game working finely. Just need to see how it works under normal game play and see how the different videos play against each other.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development?tu=mikespinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.